• Hello everybody! We have tons of new awards for the new year that can be requested through our Awards System thanks to Antifa Lockhart! Some are limited-time awards so go claim them before they are gone forever...

CLICK HERE FOR AWARDS

News ► The Connection Between Kingdom Hearts 3 and ?[chi]

REGISTER TO REMOVE ADS
Status
Not open for further replies.

JR199913

Bronze Member
Awards
It says six, where's the sixth foreteller, something seems fishy hmm...
Yeah most likely he/she turned to the dark out of hatred coz he/she didn't get a properchy thingy. I think it will be a completly new character.

Lea

Awards
Website
joshtominus.com
Re: The Connection Between Kingdom Hearts 3 and x[chi]

Foretellers... My brain hurts... I hope KH4 starts off fresh. My brain needs a break.

Solo

Silver Member
Awards

I still say Master Xehanort is (or has some strong connection to) the sixth follower.
There's the whole Sigil of Baphomet on his Keyblade, tying in to the other Foreteller's animal sigil theme, as well as the eye symbol that each of their Keyblades possesses.

Now, we have always seen these anagrams used as new names given to Nobodies. That, coupled with the "new" knowledge that Nobodies can grow hearts makes me wonder if Xehanort truly is the original incarnation. Perhaps he was this other follower's method of living forever.

You mean that it's possible that Master Xehanort's old body isn't actually his? And that he had pulled a few instances of physical possession, just like what he had done to Terra, in the past? You know, it actually kind of interests me.

Also, I'm glad that someone thinks that MX is at least related to the other Foretellers isn't completely impossible. When first seeing the other Foretellers' Keyblades, the one thing that first caught my attention is the presence of the blue eye in their design, which is a common factor between them and MX's Keyblade just as you said. However, an important caveat to take note here is that we are making this hypothesis going solely by his Keyblade. And what's this Sigil of Baphomet?

Finally, this quote by Master Xehanort in BbS came to mind after reading your post:

Master Xehanort said:
I swore I would survive and be there to see what awaited beyond the Keyblade War.

Is the Keyblade War that he mentioned the one which is yet to come? Or is it the past one? I know it's very likely that the war in question is the one which is yet to come, but would there be a possibility, no matter how slight, that he was referring to an event in the past?

Last edited:

YukiYashaH

Awards

Yen Sid a foreteller? The events surrounding the Keyblade War happened thousands of years ago, he may be old but certainly not that old.
Xehanort, Yen Sid and Eraqus all know the Keyblade War only from hearsay and from legends, so it's pretty unlikely that anyone of them (or their own master, only one generation before) was directly involved.

On that passage, the events described in that tome already happened as that passage describes exactly the outcome of the first Keyblade War, where the world was destroyed and blanketed in darkness. That "power of the future" would then be another name for the few remnants of light that remained in the hearts of children that eventually averted (or rather ended) the "eternal darkness" that had befallen the world.

If I had to make a prediction there will come a time where the five foretellers turn against each other and the five factions start to wage war and Chirithy's warning to the player to not lose sight of the goal themselves amounts to the task to realize when the point comes that following the foretellers will no longer serve the goal but eventually lead into the very disaster the prophecy states.

For KH 3, I would assume that it hold importance in the way that it remains to see if Sora and all his friends and allies repeat the mistakes made back then as the world falling to the darkness (which practically IS future for the foretellers, Chirithy and all Chi-players) has already happend and thus cannot be averted anymore ("Time is immovable") or if they find a third/new option to either avert the whole issue altogether or prevent the outcome the first occurrence had.
I acme here to say that, thanks.
I think so too, since Chi is the past of the past, even before the keyblade war, so the prophecy "already happened" to us and the avatars in the game are borrowing the "power of the future" (Sora's, Riku's, Aqua's, Terra's and co. cards) to avert the situation (but we all know they won't succeed, because the War will happen). The only thing is the sixth follower, as Torn says:
I still say Master Xehanort is (or has some strong connection to) the sixth follower.
There's the whole Sigil of Baphomet on his Keyblade, tying in to the other Foreteller's animal sigil theme, as well as the eye symbol that each of their Keyblades possesses.

On top of that, I've always wondered what significance the name/word "Another" had to Xehanort. We see Xemnas type this password into the computer in Ansem's laboratory. As we all know, Another is anagram for Xehanort (excluding the X). When put into the context of the 5 Forteller's when 6 followers are mentioned, this enigmatic name, Another, starts to make sense.

Now, we have always seen these anagrams used as new names given to Nobodies. That, coupled with the "new" knowledge that Nobodies can grow hearts makes me wonder if Xehanort truly is the original incarnation. Perhaps he was this other follower's method of living forever.

Anywho, that's my brain's limit for now. I need sleep.
Personally, I always tought the anagram was from "No Heart", but looking at this logic you made, Another makes much more sense (altough I still think No Heart makes sense if we talk about the Darkness per se, since it doesn't have a heart and maybe it kind of personified itself into MX.), and sice he is looking for a way to live forever, he may as well be making Nobodies out of himself for a long time until this day.
(And we all know he didn't see the Keyblade War with his own eyes, hence BBS and his atempt to make the X-Blade. But what if he did saw and just forgot? Just like Xemnas forgot who he was when he became a nobody?)

Blackdrazon

Vulpes Chronicler
Awards

My favourite little detail here is the fact that the cards are from a book about the future... which is why they have pictures of Sora and the other games' characters on the! Sneaky, very sneaky.

Whoever Foreteller 6 is (if we can even call them that, since they never looked in the book and that seems to be what makes you a "Foreteller"), I'm figuring they're the mysterious person from the Crystals of Light quest. Although, I have to wonder about the Moogle, who once said he came across a whole bunch of cards, when it looks like the Card Get animation is literal and they really come from the book. Did the Foretellers give the Moogles the cards... or the mysterious figure?

FudgemintGuardian

Moist with roistering
Awards

Does this mean I have to pay attention to χ [chi], now? Can I look up dialogue/cutscenes somewhere?

...Is it just me or does unicorn dude kinda look like Xehanort?

kupo1121

We are Moogle! Hear us...kupo?
Awards

Honestly, I think if the end of KH3 was something like that of FFXIII-2, we could see a really epic ending. I'd love to see all the worlds being taken over by darkness one by one (and witnessing what happens in the world, like Snow White and the dwarves running away, Ariel and Triton trying to fight it but realizing it's futile, etc.) but considering it's the end of a saga, I'm going in expecting a happy ending.

I honestly wouldn't mind if somewhere along the story, the GoL realize that the SoD are going to win and then the story takes a turn and instead of preventing the SoD from winning (which is inevitable) they're just fighting to make sure that light doesn't go away forever (enter the true light).

The hearts of children will shine through the Darkness, resetting the main cast into children. KH4 takes place 10 years after this when they're all 14/15.

and KH1 will just start all over again!!!! GASP! KH4 is going to be KH1 remade on a brand new console!!!!! [/sarcasm]

Either Chirithy (personally, my choice) or someone new.

I honestly would wnat Chirithy, I think KH is lacking in the "really powerful and yet oddly adorable" section that DE's couldn't fill since all the adorable ones just weren't as good as the not so adorable ones :p but I have a feeling Chirithy is just going to be the messenger in the end. His master created him and bestowed his 6 followers, so I don't think Chirithy is being classified as a "follower" here.

Yen Sid a foreteller? The events surrounding the Keyblade War happened thousands of years ago, he may be old but certainly not that old.

(insert some cheap thing about "time travel" here)

My favourite little detail here is the fact that the cards are from a book about the future... which is why they have pictures of Sora and the other games' characters on the! Sneaky, very sneaky.

I thought that was kind of funny honestly, but then that brings me back to my annoyance with the LACK OF BIRTH BY SLEEP CARDS!!!!!!!!!! UGHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHH!!!! Is SE just going to continue going on, trying to ignore BbS as much as humanly possible???

EDIT: BbS cards exist...brb, dying...

Last edited:

Oracle Spockanort

written in the stars
Staff member
Awards
Website
twitter.com

Does this mean I have to pay attention to χ [chi], now? Can I look up dialogue/cutscenes somewhere?

No, you don't need to. Just the Foreteller's Script is important for KH3. All you need to know is that this is a fairytale version of the Keyblade War that holds truth to it (i.e. the Foreteller's Script, the factions who fought over the light, all that jazz) and that the children wielding the Keyblade are fighting to try and save the future from the foretold future via the cards that allow them to "use the future" to fight the darkness of the current time.

Not much more than that.

In a way they are all supposed to remind us of Xehanort without being directly connected to him.

Personally, I always tought the anagram was from "No Heart", but looking at this logic you made, Another makes much more sense (altough I still think No Heart makes sense if we talk about the Darkness per se, since it doesn't have a heart and maybe it kind of personified itself into MX.), and sice he is looking for a way to live forever, he may as well be making Nobodies out of himself for a long time until this day.

It is both "Another" and "No Heart". Another references how Xehanort is never who he seems, and No Heart was used when you fight Xemnas in armor in BBSFM lol.

If the 6th Foreteller holds more importance than we realize, they could be a certain person whose heart was reincarnated over and over throughout time. A vengeful Foreteller who could not see the future for himself and has desired to do so until the fated day arrived, brought about by his own hands?

Highly doubt body snatching or Nobodies were involved so early on if we're really going to go with this theory.

ajmrowland

Keyblade Master
Awards

The sixth follower must've become a Seeker of Darkness.

Still, I cant really buy into this as a story point yet. It doesn't feel like info, it just feels like more questions.

FudgemintGuardian

Moist with roistering
Awards

If the 6th Foreteller holds more importance than we realize, they could be a certain person whose heart was reincarnated over and over throughout time. A vengeful Foreteller who could not see the future for himself and has desired to do so until the fated day arrived, brought about by his own hands?
Then come the end of KHIII we'll discover that that person is Xehanort. Or Pluto. Or the next villain.

Oracle Spockanort

written in the stars
Staff member
Awards
Website
twitter.com

The sixth follower must've become a Seeker of Darkness.

Still, I cant really buy into this as a story point yet. It doesn't feel like info, it just feels like more questions.

That's what story points for an unreleased game are supposed to do...add more questions so people talk about the game.

Honestly, though, it's extremely obvious what the script is saying. With that you can essentially guess the big twist that will happen near the end of the game. It's the most "duh" thing I've ever seen Nomura slap into anything.

Then come the end of KHIII we'll discover that that person is Xehanort. Or Pluto. Or the next villain.

I was implying Xehanort xD

6th Foreteller a villain of the next saga (if he/she isn't connected to Xehanort)? Hm...I wouldn't hate it.

ajmrowland

Keyblade Master
Awards

That's what story points for an unreleased game are supposed to do...add more questions so people talk about the game.

Honestly, though, it's extremely obvious what the script is saying. With that you can essentially guess the big twist that will happen near the end of the game. It's the most "duh" thing I've ever seen Nomura slap into anything.
Agreed.

But somehow, this one specific one, I'm just not processing. Like the time travel one in DDD. The creator, the Foretellers, the sixth Foreteller, Chirithi, the book predicting the future, and indeed a future that seems to have happened in the rest of the series. Somehow, it's not clicking.

As for the next villain, I vote Pluto!

Vanitas666

I choose the Middle Path
Awards
Website
www.youtube.com

Maybe someone have said this already but I have a very strong feeling that Yen Sid have one of those books in his possession.
Remember the book in the beginning of KH II?

About the world falling to eternal darkness, I think that have already happened when KH fell to the realm of darkness (I haven't plaid X so correct me if this is impossible).
What we're suppose to focus on is probably the Master, the Foretellers and the 6th follower.
It would be such a huge spoiler if the worlds actually fell to darkness and what would they do with KH IV?
make all the worlds really dark and gritty?

Last edited:

ajmrowland

Keyblade Master
Awards

I'd be surprised if Yen Sid didn't have it.

Last edited:

Sign

trapped in revamp hell
Staff member
Awards

You don't have to if you don't want to. The only important piece of information is the passage from the Foreteller's script, but if you're interested and want to reach through everything, we've been archiving all the dialogue on the main site, which goldpanner has translated.

Tutorial + Special Events (Things like Crystals of Light, Guilt and whatever new cutscenes are included here)

Dwarf Woodlands

Wonderland

Agrabah

Will add the new content from yesterday's update as soon as possible.

Sephiroth0812

Guardian of Light
Awards

If they're not of a magical material none of these books should still exist anymore at the current present of the Khverse. No form of paper can be preserved over thousands of years, not to mention that if Yen Sid had one of those, he would be better prepared for things and know more about the Keyblade War than he actually does.

Oracle Spockanort

written in the stars
Staff member
Awards
Website
twitter.com

Agreed.

But somehow, this one specific one, I'm just not processing. Like the time travel one in DDD. The creator, the Foretellers, the sixth Foreteller, Chirithi, the book predicting the future, and indeed a future that seems to have happened in the rest of the series. Somehow, it's not clicking.

As for the next villain, I vote Pluto!

OH. Ignore ALL of that. JUST the bold is the important. THAT is the Foreteller's Script. Everything else is Chirithy talking.

Sephiroth0812

Guardian of Light
Awards

OH. Ignore ALL of that. JUST the bold is the important. THAT is the Foreteller's Script. Everything else is Chirithy talking.

On that topic I really didn't think Nomura would be that obvious.
The Foreteller's script practically reaffirms the eventual result of the Keyblade War that is/was inevitable since it already happened according to the laws of time in the universe.

Although I do have to admit that the passage when Chirithy speaks about the "power of the future" and that being the cards is a nice and subtle pointing finger as Blackdrazon pointed out, the cards all depict characters of the future (except TAV and most of the BBS-crew "yet").
It's also worth to note (as far as I could see in the card list on the main site so far) that all so far released cards depict either heroes/good guys or neutral characters (like Gantu) but no villains.

Sign

trapped in revamp hell
Staff member
Awards

You're going to love this then. Included with last night's update were new attack cards featuring Terra, Aqua, Ventus and Eraqus!

Haven't had a chance to upload them yet since I'm still stuck at work right now, but a few of the members have posted some up in the Card Sharing thread.

I'll post the rest when I get home later, so check them out if you have the chance! As small as they are, they offer a nice new glimpse of the model and texture improvements of 2.5.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back