• Hello everybody! We have tons of new awards for the new year that can be requested through our Awards System thanks to Antifa Lockhart! Some are limited-time awards so go claim them before they are gone forever...

CLICK HERE FOR AWARDS

The Official BBS VA Discussion Thread [complete]

REGISTER TO REMOVE ADS

David Boreanaz or Doug Erholtz?

• David Boreanaz (KH1)

Votes: 17 65.4%
  • Doug Erholtz (Everything Else)

Votes: 9 34.6%

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.

Wehrmacht

cameo lover
Awards
Re: The Official BBS VA Discussion Thread

Besides, I'd take Steve Burton as Terra then Christain Bale (yes I know I only saw him from Batman but... His batman role was AWFUL!)

His performance was fine, especially in comparison to other Batmen. He is easily the best portrayal of Batman on the big screen thus far.

Turn

(ノ◕ヮ◕)ノ~&#
Awards
Website
flavors.me

@skyfoxx
I am madly in love with Christian Bale, and not only is the notion completely unbelievable to me anyway, but Terra's English VA is just obviously not Bale.

@PowerIsNothing
Cloud is monotone, and Steve Burton was directed that way.

Italics~

Taylor

Gold Member
Awards

Besides, I'd take Steve Burton as Terra then Christain Bale (yes I know I only saw him from Batman but... His batman role was AWFUL!) Plus, Bale as Terra isn't even believable and I've already mentioned several reasons why it's not believable.

Bale was the best Batman, hands down.

He's also been in a number of other good movies where he played excellent roles. Have you ever seen American Psycho or The Machinist?

skyfoxx

Silver Member
Awards

His performance was fine, especially in comparison to other Batmen. He is easily the best portrayal of Batman on the big screen thus far.

Heck no! He was the WORST Batman! Do you realize how many people made fun of his voice? A LOT! I can never take him seriously in his Batman voice because it sounds way too over the top even for the old 1900s Adam West Batman show... it's THAT bad!

I mean, can you honestly take "WHERE IS HE?!?!?!?!?!?!?!?!" seriously?

Turn

(ノ◕ヮ◕)ノ~&#
Awards
Website
flavors.me

Heck no! He was the WORST Batman! Do you realize how many people made fun of his voice? A LOT! I can never take him seriously in his Batman voice because it sounds way too over the top even for the old 1900s Adam West Batman show... it's THAT bad!

So you're upset with his performance because he could actually, believably, disguise his voice?

Well, okay.

Silverslide

need some more candy cane

What did you expect? A high pitched revenge of the nerd voice or some shit? His performance was fine. If he talked normally he could easily be recognized and his cover was blown.

Wehrmacht

cameo lover
Awards

The growl has never been a problem for me, and you're making too big a deal about it. It's established he does that in the comics and it makes sense that he'd do it anyway, because he needs to disguise his voice. I understand how it can be sort of silly, but honestly it hardly makes him the worst Batman. Is that honestly the one thing that you find destroys his performance? Val Kilmer and George Clooney were far worse.

Taylor

Gold Member
Awards

So do you not realize that Bruce Wayne needs to disguise his voice so that no one knows his real identity?

Or do you not recognize how being a superhero with a secret identity works?

skyfoxx

Silver Member
Awards

So you're upset with his performance because he could actually, believably, and capably disguise his voice?

Well, okay.

No, it's because his voice can't be taken seriously. I mean, you can disguise your voice and make it threatening... but Bale just made it waaaay too over the top that I swear he would die of choking after talking in 10 seconds with that voice. There's a difference between making your voice sound threatening and different than making them sound like they're a caveman choking on a buffalo.

YouTube - Nostalgia Critic - Batman vs Dark Knight (Part 1)

2:43 - 4:08 pretty much sums up why I think Bale as Batman sucks.

αsiя

space coke

lol how can you not say Val Kilmer is the worst batman.

Relix

A traveler
Awards

Bottom line, The Japanese VA and the English VA are going to portray Aqua differently. In Japanese she sounds a bit young but strong, in English she sounds more mature and a bit more reserved. Point is we really can't compare them. its pointless and stupid. Its either you like one or the other, no need to bash either.

Terra's VA cannot be Bale. I doubt its him. I find it more believable to be Steve even though I also doubt this. here's it for me

still unknown>Steve>Hamill>Bale

Even tho Hamill is playin ME I find him more believable to be playin Terra than Bale. Would Bale even sign up for this kinda thing?

Off topic: Bale's portrayal of Wayne is more realistic and has more depth than any other Batman to date. The movie itself takes up the essential aspects of Batman prefectly that the other movies failed to pull off. Need I bring up Batman and Robin?

Wehrmacht

cameo lover
Awards

I don't mind Doug Walker but Batman 89 is an overrated movie, and Michael Keaton is an overrated Batman. I also find it dumb how he says it's the Batman he felt the comics were always talking about when he's admitted he doesn't really read them. If he really knew dick about Batman he'd know Burton didn't really fully understand the character.

Michael Keaton had no Bruce Wayne in him at all, Bale's performance easily has much more depth and realism to it; that's not entirely his doing because he had a better script and plot to work with, but he's still the best Batman.

Silverslide

need some more candy cane

Would Bale even sign up for this kinda thing?

I don't think he signs up for anything. I think a celebrities agent or something finds gigs for them and if the moneys enough or they are interested they except. Correct me if i'm wrong :/

skyfoxx

Silver Member
Awards

I don't mind Doug Walker but Batman 89 is an overrated movie, and Michael Keaton is an overrated Batman.

Well then we're on completely opposite opinions. I think Dark Knight was VERY over-rated. The only good thing about it was Heath Ledger as the Joker but even then, it didn't make the movie "Amazing!" like everyone makes it out to be. And don't get me started on the ending...

But anyway this is getting off-topic. The point is that Terra is VERY likely not going to be Christain Bale. It just doesn't add up at all.

Relix

A traveler
Awards

Also his voice was over the top and could not be linked to Bruce because it sounded too deep and too over the top. That's the point. Would the villians or whoever really expect him to be Bruce? Would they think that the careless, naive, and shallow playboy would go through all the trouble to fight crime with such effort even to the point to disguise his voice? it was all for a reason. because it sounds ridiculous and over the top is why they think Bruce (laziest man of Gothem) to be the man behind the mask..

Bale and the entire Nolanverse pulled off what other movies failed to do. Show who Batman really is. The other movies its like watching Batman from the outside. Spectating. But the Bale's performance shows the state of mind of Bruce, Batman, and the Cover up Playboy Bruce.

Wehrmacht

cameo lover
Awards

Well then we're on completely opposite opinions. I think Dark Knight was VERY over-rated. The only good thing about it was Heath Ledger as the Joker but even then, it didn't make the movie "Amazing!" like everyone makes it out to be. And don't get me started on the ending...

Dark Knight IS very overrated and I do find the movie flawed in a number of areas (I actually think Begins is the best Batman movie), however it's still a better movie than 89. If you actually knew Batman you'd know that 89 doesn't really depict him as a whole that accurately. NC just watched Batman's cartoons and movies, he doesn't get to decide what is and isn't Batman, so his opinion is uninformed.

Plus 89 was way interested in Jack Napier as Joker anyway and Batman's character was bland because of it, although it was much worse in Batman Returns. He's much more fleshed out in Begins and Dark Knight, and that's why they're the best Batman movies.

Also there was nothing wrong with the ending. :/

Relix

A traveler
Awards

Dark Knight IS very overrated and I do find the movie flawed in a number of areas (I actually think Begins is the best Batman movie), however it's still a better movie than 89. If you actually knew Batman you'd know that 89 doesn't really depict him as a whole that accurately.

Yeah Batman Begins was better of the two. They tried to outdo their first movie and it kind of failed.

On topic. So I'm kinda on the fence with Terra. I'll stay in the thought of Steve for now. Just cuz he sounds more realistic.

skyfoxx

Silver Member
Awards

Dark Knight IS very overrated and I do find the movie flawed in a number of areas (I actually think Begins is the best Batman movie), however it's still a better movie than 89. If you actually knew Batman you'd know that 89 doesn't really depict him as a whole that accurately. NC just watched Batman's cartoons and movies, he doesn't get to decide what is and isn't Batman, so his opinion is uninformed.

Plus 89 was way interested in Jack Napier as Joker anyway and Batman's character was bland because of it, although it was much worse in Batman Returns. He's much more fleshed out in Begins and Dark Knight, and that's why they're the best Batman movies.

Also there was nothing wrong with the ending. :/

I will agree on Batman Begins being much better...

But your point on NC's opinion being dumb doesn't really make sense. You're basically saying "If you didn't read the comics then your opinion sucks" which makes no sense whatsoever. Whether you read the comics or not, you can still make fun of the actor. And I was never talking about the story or Batman's character I was talking about Bale's acting. Yes I get what he's going for: His voice needs to be different so nobody can recognize him but if that's the case then he may as well have Mickey's voice! Nobody will recognize him with Mickey's voice right? But that's not the point. You can make a voice different without being annoying :/

And the problem with the ending is that it made no sense. Why is Batman suddenly being chased down by the law? The public knows it was the Joker and Two-Face that did the killing, what in the world did he do? Why does Gordon say "We have to chase him"? A lot of it made no sense and it just sort of ended... it wasn't a clean ending at all and didn't conclude anything in the movie... it's like they suddenly ran out of budget and forgot to shoot the last scene because it didn't feel like an ending at all. It didn't even feel like a cliff-hanger, it just felt like it... stopped.

But anyway, Terra isn't Bale so it doesn't matter anyway. This is hardly the place to argue about Batman and in the end, it's just going to boil down to one person having a different opinion than the other.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back