• Hello everybody! We have tons of new awards for the new year that can be requested through our Awards System thanks to Antifa Lockhart! Some are limited-time awards so go claim them before they are gone forever...

CLICK HERE FOR AWARDS

Unpopular Gaming Opinions

REGISTER TO REMOVE ADS

Pokie

I like and enjoy most Sonic games, but for some strange reason I've just never had the urge to play the Adventure Games. I grew up with the PSONE/ Genesis, so I had to miss out on them. Other Sonic games I had to miss out on, I've gone and collected and played like the Advance titles on the GBA. However I just had no desire to play the Adventure Games. They just don't look all that interesting or fascinating. It's not a "3D Sonic Sucks " thing, because I like Unleashed and loved Colours and Generations and I'm really forgiving on Forces at the moment despite all it's failings.

It's just.... I don't know. The games just don't seem all that fun. I understand that I actually need to play the games to gather a correct on opinion on them, but the point is that I can't even get that far on that. I just have no desire to play them whatsoever. Maybe it's because I feel like it's aged like milk that somebody didn't put back in it's fridge. This opinion may change though, because you know, actually got to play the thing.

Recon

Art of War
Awards
Cuphead looks rather meh. I'm not sure what's with the appeal behind the game looking like a old Mickey Mouse cartoon.

Tyrant Raver

The Dragon
Awards
>Dirge of Cerberus is basically one huge advertisement for Crisis Core, it should not exist. That cliff hanger at the end with Genesis was a very cheap move hinting a possible FF7 sequel, which never came into fruition.

>Genesis is just one bad FF OC, forgettable and bland. Not to mention edgier than all edgy tropes in the FF7 series combined. Gackt is cool tho.

>I am still hoping for a Megaman Legends 3 to come out, even as a fan-made game.

>The Last Guardian sucked.

VoidGear.

red gay
Awards
>Dirge of Cerberus is basically one huge advertisement for Crisis Core, it should not exist. That cliff hanger at the end with Genesis was a very cheap move hinting a possible FF7 sequel, which never came into fruition.

Oh yes, the days when people were hungry for "FF 7: EC", after AC, BC, CC and DoC had all dropped. Haaah..

>Genesis is just one bad FF OC, forgettable and bland. Not to mention edgier than all edgy tropes in the FF7 series combined. Gackt is cool tho.

This guy's repetitive "gift of the goddess hnngghh I'm so cool" was so damn bad. It was like they ran out of lines to put in the game and just copy-pasted that here and there.

>The Last Guardian sucked.

I'm sad that this is unpopular, but it really is.

Veevee

Awards
I never found the fun or the glory in Final Fantasy X. When I played it back then, I got as far as the rainbow dragon boss fight (whose battle design I find absolutely awful) and got stuck there. I couldn't relate to the characters, I found nearly all of them annoying, the level design was rather eh and I hate it when you go like 2 steps and another cutscene triggers. I know it's a JRPG and they have tons of cutscenes, but I prefer it when they are more divided over the course of the game and the beginning of the game was just awful in that way. I sometimes think about giving it another try, but I found it so tedious back then (even though I'm basically interested in the story) that I can't bring myself to get back in. :/

Tyrant Raver

The Dragon
Awards
>FFXIII trilogy was decent enough for me, just sad that the devs did not give it much love.

>It does not deserve the hate it gets; yes the linear dungeons did get on my nerves, but it had dynamic gameplay elements that were really enjoyable.

>I think Laguna should have been the main character of FF8

>Portal didn't really appeal to me. I enjoyed Stanley's Parable more.

>Legend of Dragoon is overrated.

Perkilator

Awards
Okay....

-Classic Sonic being in Sonic Forces isn't that big of a problem.

-The only REAL issues with Marvel vs. Capcom Infinite is its initial roster and art style.

-The story of Pokémon Sun & Moon (the games) is mediocre at best.

-Life is Strange looks somewhat uninteresting.

-Mortal Kombat can have T-rated games.

-Sonic and Kirby should have a crossover one day, with a revived Mephiles teaming up with Dark Matter.

-A Sonic Mania-esque beat-em-up based on SpongeBob in the style of most licensed Konami beat-em-ups would be interesting for Christian Whitehead to experiment with (keyterm: EXPERIMENT WITH).

-VR gaming only hurts the enjoyment factor of general gaming.

-Mario & Luigi: Paper Jam isn't that bad of a game.

-Elise doesn't need to be a hedgehog or other animal if Sonic 06 was to be remade. I'm not a big fan of the kissing scene myself, but her being around Sonic prior to then doesn't necessarily equate to bestiality.

-DeMille from Tomato Adventure would make a good fighter in Super Smash Brothers. He was initially expected to appear in Brawl in some form, but for some reason never made it in. If he was in Brawl, I'd be even more dumbstruck than I was when I got this as a kid, ESPECIALLY with the Subspace Emissary.

Now for the Kingdom Hearts section, since it's my duty as human to post KH-related material on this site:

-A Studio Ghibli world would fit well in KH.

-Ultron would make a good rival for Xion.

-Situation Commands, although a bit overpowering, are a good gameplay mechanic for KH3 in my eyes.

-Sora isn't THAT stupid in DDD.

-Re:Coded was a nice reprieve from the main story.

-Bravely Default characters should be in future installments.

-Dr. Doom would make a FANTASTIC villain in future installments.

-Sephiroth hasn't milked to death in the series. He's only appeared in, like, KH1 and KH2.

-The series should have a comic series by Archie Comics after KH3 (assuming they can bypass their current issues).

Zen

Silver Member
Awards
Quick one from me that I forgot. Metroid Prime is boring af. I did not like that game and it took me 3 tries before I finally played through the whole game.

I like and enjoy most Sonic games, but for some strange reason I've just never had the urge to play the Adventure Games. I grew up with the PSONE/ Genesis, so I had to miss out on them. Other Sonic games I had to miss out on, I've gone and collected and played like the Advance titles on the GBA. However I just had no desire to play the Adventure Games. They just don't look all that interesting or fascinating. It's not a "3D Sonic Sucks " thing, because I like Unleashed and loved Colours and Generations and I'm really forgiving on Forces at the moment despite all it's failings.

It's just.... I don't know. The games just don't seem all that fun. I understand that I actually need to play the games to gather a correct on opinion on them, but the point is that I can't even get that far on that. I just have no desire to play them whatsoever. Maybe it's because I feel like it's aged like milk that somebody didn't put back in it's fridge. This opinion may change though, because you know, actually got to play the thing.

Idk that this is an unpopular opinion. Most people I know don’t really like the Adventure games after replaying them again after all these years. But I’m not at all aware of the general consensus of the sanic fandom.

>FFXIII trilogy was decent enough for me, just sad that the devs did not give it much love.

I fundamentally disagree with the idea that it did not get enough love from the devs. A trilogy is more than most FF games get.

-The only REAL issues with Marvel vs. Capcom Infinite is its initial roster and art style.

-Mortal Kombat can have T-rated games.

- As far as I’m aware those were the only issues people have with MvCI. Unless there’s something else that’s being said from the more casual/Mahvel fans. Or maybe you’re referring to balancing issues like the whole thing with Spider-Man and the reality stone. (That being said, outside of Venom, the DLC characters look meh to me)

- They could, but why would they? That’s literally the reason those games became popular in the first place.

Last edited:

Not Ienzo

Website
www.fanfiction.net
I actually don't really understand why people call Sora stupid in 3D.

Was it him trusting Neku even though he betrayed him? Ok yes that was pretty dumb and I didn't like that at all.

Was it him being confused about everything? I don't blame the poor kid. I mean I was also confused about all the weird stuff going on in that game and I imagine a lot of players were. I'd find it weirder if he completely understood what was going on.

Was it him falling into Xehanort's trap? I don't see how he could have saw it coming. I mean, how was he supposed to know that he had the Recussant's Sigil on his clothes and that all of this was one insanely long convoluted scheme to possess Sora?

While I don't like Sora's characterization AT ALL in 3D compared to the other games and I think they handledhim poorly, I don't understand why people think he became stupid. I think they just tried to make out that Sora was the dumb one and RIku was the smart one to differentiate the two.

Awards
Website
the-blue-wraith.tumblr.com
1. Dragon Age 2 was a great game. Even though it was rushed by developers, it's one of my all time favorite games because of the great storytelling.
2. Assassin's Creed 3 isn't a bad game. And I think Connor Kenway was a good protagonist.
3. Turn-based RPGs sucks.
4. I love KH:COM.
5. I didn't like the Fallout series.
6. Sleeping Dogs should get a sequel.
7. Watch Dogs wasn't that bad. The driving mechanics just sucks.

Noir

Bronze Member
Awards
Dragon Age II was great! I think I liked it a lot more than Inquisition, which I still really, really liked!

Veevee

Awards
- Graphics DO matter. I don't say it has to be high end graphics, but I find it rather exhausting to play old pixel games on my TV because everything looks so messy. Heck, I had to look up where to go in FF9 because I wasn't able to identify the door as a door in that dotty mess.

- Remasters / Remakes are not that bad but we don't really need them for games that are only one generation ago (like PS3 games remastered on PS4). I'd rather have developers focus on bringing games to different consoles, make them more accessible, I want to play Lost Odyssey but don't want to buy an XBOX 360 just for that.

- I love the Harvest Moon franchise but there are way too many awful entries.

- Dragon Quest games are fun but are usually far from having a great story and they are not "must play"-RPGs.

- Ni no Kuni was really charming, but the story was kinda mediocre, characterisation fell flat and the pacing was awful.

- the old .hack games had a really nice story and atmosphere but were hardly playable back then and definitely don't hold their gameplay ground today

- online trophies are a pain in the ass and should not be in any game

- character models in Star Ocean look awful, as if they were made of porcelain

- woman's armor in video games shouldn't look so damn stupid, it can't be called armor if it hardly covers her breasts

- speaking of which, video games with over-sexualised female character models kind of turn me off even before the game starts

- there should be more male wizards and more female knights (with decent armor)

[No, I'm not obsessed with this or something but it gets on my nerves that the design of women in JRPG is often focused on making her look sexy despite the outfit being totally unfit for the task ahead while men are designed to look heroic, sturdy and cool - you don't travel the world in a MINISKIRT.]

VoidGear.

red gay
Awards
- Remasters / Remakes are not that bad but we don't really need them for games that are only one generation ago (like PS3 games remastered on PS4). I'd rather have developers focus on bringing games to different consoles, make them more accessible, I want to play Lost Odyssey but don't want to buy an XBOX 360 just for that.

Agreed, also: If developers remaster a game, they should at least try to improve it enough to be worth being thrown on the market again (looking at you, Devil May Cry 2).

Chuman

Dad of Boy
Awards
1. Dragon Age 2 was a great game. Even though it was rushed by developers, it's one of my all time favorite games because of the great storytelling.
2. Assassin's Creed 3 isn't a bad game. And I think Connor Kenway was a good protagonist.
3. Turn-based RPGs sucks.
4. I love KH:COM.
5. I didn't like the Fallout series.
6. Sleeping Dogs should get a sequel.
7. Watch Dogs wasn't that bad. The driving mechanics just sucks.
you are one smart cookie, holy shitamole

Tyrant Raver

The Dragon
Awards
>Yakuza is better than Sleeping Dogs.

>Anders is a fonduing asswipe.

>Although superb in gameplay, Tekken 7 is just trying too hard when it comes to storytelling.

>Akuma should stay away from Tekken Canon. I would understand if he's in a crossover, but dear god Harada, he made him a self-insert.

>Keiji Inafune is all bark but no bite. All he does is spit out projects after projects with no visible progress whatsoever, apart from Azure Striker Gunvolt.

>Apart from Sonic Adventures, the 3d Sonic games are only memorable to me because of its soundtracks.

>I don't see the appeal of Shovel Knight. I wanted to like it, but I got bored after 2 hours of play time.

>Monika (Doki Doki Literature Club) did nothing wrong, she just wanted to be out of the game and be with the protagonist behind the keyboard.

>The gameplay of Elder Scrolls series, sucked donkey tongue. While the story is epic, it was hard for me to take it seriously with character models moving like robots.

>The New God of War gameplay looked really bland. It's QTE and cutscenes galore.

>Marvel vs Capcom 3's artstyle is too dark for me. Character models are badly and heavily shaded as if they're fighting under a tree shade or something like a bad Viewtiful Joe game.

>Persona 5 is overrated, too many bells and whistles. Love the art style tho.

Pokie

>Playing games on Easy Mode shouldn't be shamed, players shouldn't be teased for playing games on Easy. Easy mode doesn't equal for babies, children, slow or pathetic. It just means that you just want a easier time till you feel more confident playing on a harder mode or you just want to have some fun or you don't want to be stressed out with the game. COUGH COUGH FIREEMBLEM COUGH.

Tyrant Raver

The Dragon
Awards

>Playing games on Easy Mode shouldn't be shamed, players shouldn't be teased for playing games on Easy. Easy mode doesn't equal for babies, children, slow or pathetic. It just means that you just want a easier time till you feel more confident playing on a harder mode or you just want to have some fun or you don't want to be stressed out with the game. COUGH COUGH FIREEMBLEM COUGH.

and of course.... Shadow Warrior 2 explains it best.

Fg5s03a.png

kaseykockroach

Awards
Jak & Daxter's "darker, edgier" direction after its great first entry was, for lack of a less crude way to put it, really quite stupid. Dumb writing, ugly character designs, bland scores, Daxter being the only compelling character...how on earth this series was considered an equal to Ratchet & Clank or Sly Cooper was always beyond me. I love the first game and Naughty Dog's work prior to that...but Jak 2 and onward is just hogwash.

Back