• Hello everybody! We have tons of new awards for the new year that can be requested through our Awards System thanks to Antifa Lockhart! Some are limited-time awards so go claim them before they are gone forever...

CLICK HERE FOR AWARDS

Upgrade to the Kingdom Key

REGISTER TO REMOVE ADS
Status
Not open for further replies.

Volktio

Hi guys i (me,my personal opinion,my point of view) was thinking about that that i think that the kingdom key is too simple compare to the way to dawn of riku what do you think of an upgrade to the kingdom key just like the Soul Eater>Way to Dawn i think Sora deserves a cooler keychain ;)

Esquire

I can see it getting a new look after the Xehanort saga is over, but honestly I like it the way it is. It just seems to fit with Sora.

Sign

trapped in revamp hell
Staff member
Awards
And he can get "cooler" keychains throughout his journeys. But by default, the Kingdom Key shall always remain the same as it has always been, and will not change just because Way to Dawn is stylistically preferred by some. Appearances don't mean anything. Just look at Sweetstack: that Keyblade looks absolutely ridiculous but it's one of the most powerful in Birth by Sleep.

Volktio

i Know Sora gets cooler keychains but in the scenes he never uses his keychains except for the KH3D trailer that he uses the oathkeeper vs Xemnas

Nayru's Love

Why don't you play in Hell?
Awards
Soul Eater's transformation into WtD can't be compared to the KK's hypothetical transformation into another keyblade because Soul Eater wasn't a keyblade to begin with.

Oracle Spockanort

written in the stars
Staff member
Awards
Website
twitter.com
i Know Sora gets cooler keychains but in the scenes he never uses his keychains except for the KH3D trailer that he uses the oathkeeper vs Xemnas

That was a metaphor in that trailer. He wasn't really using the Oathkeeper. All KH CGI opening scenes are metaphorical.

Nov

Awards
And he can get "cooler" keychains throughout his journeys. But by default, the Kingdom Key shall always remain the same as it has always been, and will not change just because Way to Dawn is stylistically preferred by some. Appearances don't mean anything. Just look at Sweetstack: that Keyblade looks absolutely ridiculous but it's one of the most powerful in Birth by Sleep.
This. And also, at least for me, the Kingdom Key is kind of the symbol of the series. It's the "default" keyblade, the one that everyone affiliates with the Kingdom Hearts series.

Lonbilly

an old man plaguing the site like a phantom
Awards
I think Kingdom Key needs to stay Sora's default Keyblade. It fits him perfectly.

And on stats-wise material, I wouldn't mind seeing KK still be a beginning Keyblade but later on in the game being able to get a "Kingdom Key+" which serves as eitehr a new Ultima Weapon, or a stronger keychain than the Ultima Weapon so that we I can use the default keyblade while still having the best stat-ted one, too.

TheKHPlayer

Hi guys i (me,my personal opinion,my point of view) was thinking about that that i think that the kingdom key is too simple compare to the way to dawn of riku what do you think of an upgrade to the kingdom key just like the Soul Eater>Way to Dawn i think Sora deserves a cooler keychain ;)

I rather keep the regular design but make an upgrade for it.

SilenceTheTardis

I wouldn't mind some more advanced keyblade customization in the future (maybe the ability to choose blade, hilt, chain, etc.?) but no, I don't think Sora's basic KK should be changed.

sora4sky

~(x)~Sword Art Online~(x)~
I think KK should remain as it is, for nostalgia reasons, because it fits with Sora, pick the one you like. Like the others said Sora gets a lot of Keychains and the CGI is usually for metaphorical reasons.

In any case i wouldn't mind for Sora to say begin with Oathkeeper but KK is just fine. ;)

Sephiroth0812

Guardian of Light
Awards
So far every keyblade wielder in KH (except Xion) has, no matter how many keychains he or she gains, one keyblade that is his/her personal and iconic weapon.

For Sora this one is the Kingdom Key, I doubt that this will change.

Riku has his Way to the Dawn,
Ven has Wayward Wind (which is curiously up to now the sole keyblade designed for his backhand-style, his other keyblades are all normal ones just held backwards).
Roxas has his Oathkeeper and Oblivion, Terra his Earthshaker and Aqua her Rainfall.

The only one's to get an upgrade of sorts are the last two, Aqua and Terra...and in my personal view I think it should remain that way. Just like with the armor and the gliders I think it won't be good if Sora gains everything the other original characters have...leave some things also unique to them.

sora4sky

~(x)~Sword Art Online~(x)~
So far every keyblade wielder in KH (except Xion) has, no matter how many keychains he or she gains, one keyblade that is his/her personal and iconic weapon.

For Sora this one is the Kingdom Key, I doubt that this will change.

Riku has his Way to the Dawn,
Ven has Wayward Wind (which is curiously up to now the sole keyblade designed for his backhand-style, his other keyblades are all normal ones just held backwards).
Roxas has his Oathkeeper and Oblivion, Terra his Earthshaker and Aqua her Rainfall.

The only one's to get an upgrade of sorts are the last two, Aqua and Terra...and in my personal view I think it should remain that way. Just like with the armor and the gliders I think it won't be good if Sora gains everything the other original characters have...leave some things also unique to them.

Totally agree here. I think some characters should have some unique stuff.

The BBS trio has the armors.

Sora has KK and Riku WtD. Mickey is an exception since we've seen him use StarSeeker and DKK but oh well he's a King :p

Marx15

Ω Ω Ω Ω Ω Ω Ω
The closest thing you'll possibly get to a "Kingdom Key upgrade", would have to be the "Zero/One" from Re:CODED.

Zero-One_KHREC.png

Or techincally the Kingdom Key D (Also known as the Light Seeker).

But Mickey's signature Keyblade has kinda changed over to the Star Seeker. at least I believe so.

Shinra

Banned
Awards
I would like to think that Oathkeeper and Oblivion are upgrades to the kingdom key, Because each represents the road to light and the road to darkness. And because they link Sora to his cose friends Riku and Kairi.
Kairi: Princess of heart, road to light. Riku KH1: Falls under the influence of darkness, the road to darkness.

strugglechamp

KK is fine just the way it is. In my opinion, its the only keyblade that looks the most like a real key (well except maybe fenir)

tenchi ryu

I always thought that we've been heavily hinted that the X-blade is the canon "upgrade" of the Kingdom Key and Kingdom Key D. And I will admit that I would like Sora to wield it at least one time before Xehanort's demise. But otherwise, I agree with others, that the KK is Sora's iconic weapon.

Marx15

Ω Ω Ω Ω Ω Ω Ω
I always thought that we've been heavily hinted that the X-blade is the canon "upgrade" of the Kingdom Key and Kingdom Key D. And I will admit that I would like Sora to wield it at least one time before Xehanort's demise. But otherwise, I agree with others, that the KK is Sora's iconic weapon.

The only thing that's been hinted, is that the X-Blade has two Kingdom Keys crossing, creating the blade. Some people have questioned whether or not it is the Kingdom Key and Kingdom Key D, but nothing has been stated as of yet.

Volktio

i think the kingdom key could have a little upgrade like wtd like the angel wing in the soul eater i dont want a different keyblade just the same style with add-ons

Grey

No. Kingdom Key is cooler than Way to the Dawn anyway. :s

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back