• Hello everybody! We have tons of new awards for the new year that can be requested through our Awards System thanks to Antifa Lockhart! Some are limited-time awards so go claim them before they are gone forever...

CLICK HERE FOR AWARDS

News ► Watch the KINGDOM HEARTS 3 opening movie trailer!

REGISTER TO REMOVE ADS

Elysium

Be Wiser Than the Serpent
Awards
Roxas + SRK as they appear in KH1 definitely look more the age they are/were now. Roxas looks so small and fragile in the opening to me.

Yeah, and I really like the cover of Stand By Me. I love the original, but I don't think the original would work for XV lol. Not to mention, the fact that the song has a completely different meaning once you beat the game compared from when you first begin really drives the entire point home.

Funny thing is, Square DID get Ariana for Brave Exvius, and now apparently they have a Katy Perry song, so there's that. I wouldn't want them to do a Kingdom Hearts opening though, just out of pure nostalgia with Utada. However, there may come a day where she may not want to come back to do a theme song, so I wonder who Square would go to for that.
I love Florence's "Stand by Me," too, although not as much as the KH1 and 3 themes. If Utada chooses not to return past KH3, I definitely wouldn't mind any of Florence, Ariana, or Katy doing the themes. And I listed them in order of preference. ;)

Sign

trapped in revamp hell
Staff member
Awards
If I were to poke around inside your brain the best I could come up with is that RAX were only really featured in an extremely low fidelity game on the Nintendo DS. We don't spend too much time with the three of them in a high quality animated fashion-- even their cinematic remake on the HD collection is stunted when it comes to movement and dynamic scenes. They're actually a pretty dynamic group of characters (mostly thanks to the addition of Axel) in their dialogue and dynamic, but we don't see them do much or even visualize their emotions much.

Going from nothing to beautifully animated CG is jarring. Also the lighting is a bit harsh, harsher than anything we've seen in previous intros or in-game. Roxas and Axel look fine when they're fighting, partly because we've lived through that and my brain can easily accept it.

Probably doesn't help that I hate Xion 8D

You've got excellent points though!

DarkosOverlord

Bronze Member
Awards
I was just watching Soraalam1's video about the trailer, and he's having issues with the way RAX look as well.
To be honest, I also find them a bit jarring. Some screenshots almost look fake even.

Seadrin

Awards
The Opening Trailer is now the 3rd most popular Official Kingdom Hearts video on YouTube, just over 2 days in, with 2.8 Million views. It is the most liked video by far.

The Opening Trailer follows behind the D23 Toy Story Reveal (6 Million) and the 2.8 Opening (3.8 Million).

I can see it surpassing 2.8's opening, but not sure on the Toy Story trailer. I remember that one having close to 4 million pretty close to it's release.

Oracle Spockanort

written in the stars
Staff member
Awards
Website
twitter.com
The Opening Trailer is now the 3rd most popular Official Kingdom Hearts video on YouTube, just over 2 days in, with 2.8 Million views. It is the most liked video by far.

The Opening Trailer follows behind the D23 Toy Story Reveal (6 Million) and the 2.8 Opening (3.8 Million).

I can see it surpassing 2.8's opening, but not sure on the Toy Story trailer. I remember that one having close to 4 million pretty close to it's release.

It will definitely continue to get views and surpass the others considering how fast it broke 2.8. By the end of the week it'll be at 3.5 at the very least. If SE is smart, they would also turn it into an ad to get more views.

LostArtist

Awards
it's more the shape of his nose I think, and his hair colour is quite darker so that may be it. Thanks!

Yeah it's just a gut feeling of "this is wrong" that I get when looking at him, I have no other way to describe it XD

Do you find Ven weird to look at too?

Edit: OK so I rewatched the roxas thing fram by frame and I think the thing that throws me off is that for some reason his nose is slightly out of proportion and his eyes are quite far apart. I *think*, anyway

Ah I see. no problem!

I was just watching Soraalam1's video about the trailer, and he's having issues with the way RAX look as well.
To be honest, I also find them a bit jarring. Some screenshots almost look fake even.

To me the biggest difference between past games and now is how light and color is handled in the cgi, including that particular scene.
As a side note, the lighting in the individual roxas scene really makes him look like he's real, which I feel is throwing people off/creeping them out. And by real I don't mean a real person, but a real life size model of roxas created and displayed at disney or something.

Seadrin

Awards
It will definitely continue to get views and surpass the others considering how fast it broke 2.8. By the end of the week it'll be at 3.5 at the very least. If SE is smart, they would also turn it into an ad to get more views.

Oh totally. Especially with it's replayability (I've probably viewed it a solid 20+ times), I'm pretty confident it will surpass 2.8s opening at some point before KHIII's launch. It will be hard to surpass the hype of that D23 reveal. I still go back and watch reactions to that one. So fun.

TruestSyn

Bronze Member
Awards
I havent beat or played XV but I think Stand by Me is just a opening, nothing related to the endings that people shouldn't lose sleep over so what a song relates to the whole game is subjective

You're only saying that because you haven't beaten or played the game. Once you actually get to that point you'll see exactly how deep that meaning goes.

LostArtist

Awards
played with lighting and color
z8D8U6w.png

LostArtist

Awards
Ok for the new cgi style here's what I think. Models are the same but the colors are more vibrant and the lighting is less bloomy

6R4Hbon.png

Shogo-Kun

Awards
Yeah, looks like they're going more for harsh lighting this time around. Though considering I'm a fan of chiaroscuro, I'm here for it!

LostArtist

Awards
Yeah, looks like they're going more for harsh lighting this time around. Though considering I'm a fan of chiaroscuro, I'm here for it!

Oh shit, maybe they did that to further represent the theme of light vs dark. jk lol

Leaferian

Awards
Man, the video jumped by like .6 million views today. It's gone down to like 27th trending, but I know a lot of people have been sharing it on other platforms.

SuperSaiyanSora

Awards
Roxas + SRK as they appear in KH1 definitely look more the age they are/were now. Roxas looks so small and fragile in the opening to me.

I love Florence's "Stand by Me," too, although not as much as the KH1 and 3 themes. If Utada chooses not to return past KH3, I definitely wouldn't mind any of Florence, Ariana, or Katy doing the themes. And I listed them in order of preference. ;)

I feel the exact same way in terms of preference order LOL. Definitely would prefer Florence though since we have an example already of what she could do for a Square Enix title. Ariana too, but Stand By Me is a much more powerful song in my opinion. I haven't heard the new Katy song, so I'm actually curious on how it fits.

You're only saying that because you haven't beaten or played the game. Once you actually get to that point you'll see exactly how deep that meaning goes.

100%. Before, I just thought the version was beautiful. Now I kinda tear up a little sometimes if I decide to listen to it. XV may not be a perfect game, but the things they nailed... they REALLY nailed.

That's why I'm hoping that Don't Think Twice will have a similar effect once I reach the end.

Some guy

It's been a while khinsider ^^ Really wanted to discuss the KHIII opening trailer and the game's upcoming release, so here I am.

The visuals are great, but they're not linked really well imo (KH1 > BBS > Days > CoM/ KH2, I get that YX playing with people's lives as if it were chess is the link here, but still ...).

The song is also great! Personally not a fan of the dub-step and whatnot (too much bass and voice warping imo), but it still sounds good, especially at the beginning. The music syncs really well with what we see too, except for the "battle" part.

As for a comparison (we guys love comparing stuff don't we? ... what? Just me?), I still like KHII's intro better with DDD's not far behind. We still haven't seen the full intro though, so I might just change my mind then.

Do you guys think we'll get an "after the battle" version of "Face my fears"? I think so because 1) It's the intro song, and 2) Don't think twice is already pretty tame as it is ...

Last edited:
Back