• Hello everybody! We have tons of new awards for the new year that can be requested through our Awards System thanks to Antifa Lockhart! Some are limited-time awards so go claim them before they are gone forever...

CLICK HERE FOR AWARDS

What do you think "Birth by Sleep" means?

REGISTER TO REMOVE ADS
Status
Not open for further replies.

AzzurroRainrebor

Like many have stated, I think it has to do with Unbirths. I also concur with the idea that when something sleeps, (dies, possibly) something else is born, (possibly something important and crucial to the overall story); what, though? ...is my question.

Xnairb

Website
theredsquirtle.blogspot.com
‡ƵionΡhnӾ‡;4191055 said:
I don't think Birth by Sleep would have anything to do with Unbirth,
because birth and unbirth would be two different things right?

Well, heartless are created from hearts, and nobodys are created from bodys, so it would make sense for unbirths to be created from birth.

Ophan

Airman
Awards
Website
zionphnx.deviantart.com
Well, heartless are created from hearts, and nobodys are created from bodys, so it would make sense for unbirths to be created from birth.

Heartless are born from the darkness
within hearts, except they never initially
came to existence, until darkness was
extracted from one heart, and amplified
within a pure heart.

they're called heartless because they
have no hearts.

Nobodies are the body and soul left
behind when someone who has a strong
will, loses their heart. So instead of
completely disappearing, the body
will disappear, and reappear as another
existence being merely a nobody.

They're called nobodies, because
they don't have a true existence,
and lack a certain amount of memory
of their feelings, except for what they
remember.

How do you create something that is
born, to be unborn. Birth is something
within existence, to be unborn would
mean that your existence is without
birth. You clearly don't see how unbirth
from birth makes no sense?

sleep, birth, unbirth ?????

Oracle Spockanort

written in the stars
Staff member
Awards
Website
twitter.com
Well, I always felt that Birth By Sleep related to the Room of Sleep and the Room of Awakening. Keyblade wielders are born through sleeping which leads to their awakening. But there are so many different meanings it could have.

Pratiko

Awards
Mmm, I think that Sleep makes Unbirths disappear forevah... Unbirths = Dreams? Cliched, lol

Orion

Prepared To Die
Awards
With my fucked up state of mind and all my time on the internet and 4chan, I don't know how much longer I'll be able to take hearing the word 'Unbirth' so much.

Orion

Prepared To Die
Awards
‡ƵionΡhnӾ‡;4196381 said:
LOL, don't tell me you ventured that route,
in 4chan of all places XD

It started with Dramatica, and I vowed I wouldn't go to 4chan or /b/. Then I went further, and /b/ is now the primary board I hand around on.

Shizazzle

@topic:

One thought I had was that, perhaps, there's a nearly (if not completely) endless cycle of creation when someone's heart is stolen and conditions are met.

I'm thinking something along the lines of when a Nobody does X/X happens to a Nobody, an Unborn is created.

Or, perhaps, when a Heartless is created, either an Unborn or a Nobody is created, as well, depending on the type of person that is turned into a Heartless.

:confused:

keyblade13

i think it has something to deal with reincarnation. like wen somebodys dies something else is born

Theart

Hyped Ruler of Honnouji Academy
Awards
For me, I think it means that (assuming Ven's heart is in Sora's) that Sora shall be born a hero through Ven's slumber.

Basically, this: Ven's heart lays dormant inside Sora's, setting him up to eventually become a hero/keybearer through Ven's internal slumber.

Hence Birth By Sleep. Just my guess.

Izayoi

galactic cancer
For me, I think it means that (assuming Ven's heart is in Sora's) that Sora shall be born a hero through Ven's slumber.

Basically, this: Ven's heart lays dormant inside Sora's, setting him up to eventually become a hero/keybearer through Ven's internal slumber.

Hence Birth By Sleep. Just my guess.

Damnit.

That's so symbolic it makes sense.

Pratiko

Awards
What does birth mean then?

Why do people look for the contrary word of Unbirth? What if Unbirth is just a figurative meaning? People would be running in the wrong direction.

Yet, Unbirth's opposite can be either these two:

1.- Not yet Born/Never to be Born (Fate or Destiny/Dreams)
2.- Death (Life's end contrary to Life's beggining)

But, I've got no proof, so I can only speculate. Also, I believe the second option would be wrong, cuz KH doesn't take death as a theme, etcetcetc. I look forward to either of the first options.

Xebrem

I don't know what 'Birth by sleep' means... I mean Nomura is always playing tricks on us. E.G: Heartless- they do have a heart of some sort. it's just trapped in Darkness. Nobody: is the product left when a heart is taken from the body.

So, Birth by Sleep could mean the opposite (or along the lines of it) to the acctual saying. Same goes with Unbirth too.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back