• Hello everybody! We have tons of new awards for the new year that can be requested through our Awards System thanks to Antifa Lockhart! Some are limited-time awards so go claim them before they are gone forever...

CLICK HERE FOR AWARDS

What is the Purpose of Life?

REGISTER TO REMOVE ADS
Status
Not open for further replies.

Shadow Key

It's an odd topic. What is the purpose of life? What were we made to do, to accomplish? What, as individual human beings, is our part to play in this world? Were we made simply out of chance or was there a higher force who created us? If there is a higher force, why did he/she create us?

Share your thoughts below. I didn't see this when I searched, so I'm making this now.

Ophan

Airman
Awards
Website
zionphnx.deviantart.com
Just live, dude. Make a purpose out of your life, influence ppl to do good, or better. This life can only be learned from as far as your eye can withhold in your surroundings, so just make something out of it.

Orion

Prepared To Die
Awards
Though this stems from my own atheistic beliefs about the origins of life, I feel it is still a worldview that everyone could see something in:

Life does not have any intrinsic value or purpose. The closest thing we have to a universal purpose is to reproduce, but to 'live' rather than just 'survive', much more could be said to be required. That's why I believe it's up to people on the individual level to create meaning for their life and theirs alone. Which also leads me to find some people reprehensible when they try to force their beliefs onto others and make someone adopt a view on the meaning of life that is not truly their own, formed by them.

The Conquerer

The Bloody Warrior
Awards
The purpose of life is to find purpose in it. Many people spend their whole lives trying to find it, for some, I guess that's reason enough.

State

Awards
Personally, I think every individual, be it man or woman, have their own, unique purpose in life to fulfill (correctly).

Nelo Angelo

Enigma of Extreme
Awards
It's an odd topic. What is the purpose of life? What were we made to do, to accomplish? What, as individual human beings, is our part to play in this world? Were we made simply out of chance or was there a higher force who created us? If there is a higher force, why did he/she create us?

Share your thoughts below. I didn't see this when I searched, so I'm making this now.

Good questions bro. I would say it is to fulfill the purpose for which you were created for. Every created thing has a purpose. Every thing around us has a specific purpose or a range of purposes to which it exists for. Be this natural resources, plants, manufactured good e.t.c. If the smallest things such as a pen, spoon, straw, even toothpick has a purpose for it being in existance, then surlely man serves a purpose also. The purpose is for what we were created for by the One who created us. And who better to know the purpose of the creation than the creator itself. The purpose has been told to us from the begining of time by Him through His Messegers and scriptures, the final being in the Last Testament, the Glorious Qur'an. But it is upto the individual to want to seek and understand it to fulfil his purpose.

very differentiable
Awards
Looking for a purpose in life is like fixing a car with your nose, you can't. One must find his/her own purpose. Purpose is a word defined by humans, as far as nature is concerned, there is none.

Klom89

Website
www.fanfiction.net
▽;5564917 said:
Looking for a purpose in life is like fixing a car with your nose, you can't. One must find his/her own purpose. Purpose is a word defined by humans, as far as nature is concerned, there is none.

I agree. We're just here. There's no divine plan, no instruction manual, no specific goals. Your'e here. Just enjoy it till it ends.

Ðari

Look at you, armor-less
Staff member
Awards
Survive and reproduce. If neither, always survival, because before you even have an coherence of whats going on your clinging to life.

Consider this for example. Whats an infant other than new, what can they be cheated out of other than that life they just received? But they can't defend themselves, they can only cry become dependent upon whomever is caring for them. In that dependency, they've survived not being expunged be it through something tragic or otherwise. Human being live at the suppression of their human nature, their instinct, and naturally as an instinct they act off one which is seen in the everyday. Its often deterred and broken off by sub-cultures found within the modern society which 'shifts' our idealism and view points on certain aspects. Its a necessary distraction, but we'd function off of base knowledge of what we've learned or what we'd already know.

To be honest, its something of a definite. Even the sucidal that assume based on how their life has been going, suicide is an option but more or less in those cases cowardice stops them. Or a self-realization thats last minute, deep down we want to live. Be it 'just because' or for some selfish motivation.

Jozi

Du-dun-dananana Calibrations!
Although I truly believe life has no meaning. In general (as stated by a bunch of people before) it is to survive, reproduce, and to contradict entropy. But it's more complicated once your include the sentient mind of a human. The Meaning of Life is only what you want it to be.

Love Machine

strut strut strut
I still don't even know if God exists or not. I mean, everyone has their own opinions and beliefs about the Bible. No one believes exactly the same as another, but I'm just a 14 year old. I have a long life ahead to think about this, and when I'm but a minute to death, I'll think, "Well, let's see if I'm right."

Pirates

To each their own.
Purpose is relative. I dont think we have any predestined purpose.

People can find their own purpose in life. Some think they are called to be something in their life.

Neko

Keep Holding On
Awards
The purpose of life is to do what you want or need to do with it. In other words the purpose is to find a purpose. That purpose can be found in many various ways and some never find it at all or at least not until the very end.

krexia

Translator
Awards
We make our world significant by the courage of our questions and by the depth of our answers.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back