• Hello everybody! We have tons of new awards for the new year that can be requested through our Awards System thanks to Antifa Lockhart! Some are limited-time awards so go claim them before they are gone forever...

CLICK HERE FOR AWARDS

Who is Vanitas?

REGISTER TO REMOVE ADS
Status
Not open for further replies.

EdenTheSheep

Just think of something with a gold eye, and a pretty thick eyebrow.
Vanitas_eye.jpg

Skykh

Xemnas wield the element nothingess

Vanitas= Means empytiness or death

chex

190143_1239964384652_357_386.jpg

I get where it looks kinda like Xion but I cant think of any relevance she would have to the series at this point of BBS,
Its got to be someone else.
I find it funny how ven gel'd his hair the opposite way in this picture. Does that mean anything?

BladeofHearts18

i personally think vanitas is Xehanort but younger. maybe 18. because remember, this takes place about 10 years before KH1 when Xehanort experiments on himself and Ansem's apprentices. maybe MX created him to fufill his desire to gain power from KH but since he is old, he wants Vanitas to follow his footsteps. after vanitas get's out of control, he goes to terra to destroy vanitas and follow MX's dream. when terra tried to destroy Vanitas, something happened and Vanitas lost his memory and terra was destroyed in the process, or terra fused with vanitas in the process ( thus calling aqua an old friend and looking for ven). then, in a spark of memory, he remembers his Master's name, Xehanort. this is my theory so far. i am thinking on some others that might be possible about who vanitas is.

EdenTheSheep

Ansem and Xemnas, have gold eyes. Considering that they're The Heartless and the Nobody of the same man, this makes perfect sense. Could that mean that Vanitas is Xehanort?

Trukybldemstr2

Garbage Pail Kid
Website
www.facebook.com
What if Vanitas is just a human......that was changed by the darkness......maybe TAV know him because they ran into him....or maybe he trained with them but was deemed unfit to be a keyblade master so MX took him in and trained him....teaching him about darkness and feeding his mind with hate and rage and darkness until he was out of control....he may have referred to him as a creature because of what he did to him and how he had become.....I don't think that Vanitas is the first replica because it was stated that Xion was the first one in 358/2 days.......I doubt he is an Unversed also because of the simple fact that he can weild a keyblade....i know someone's going to whine and say...'Roxas could wield a keyblade and so could Xion and they were similar' NOOOOOO! I don't believe that unverse are in any way human whereas Nobodies and Replicas are based off memories and which is why they can use the keyblade.....Vanitas is not someone we know but it is someone they know well......what if they stumble across him in the middle of the story... without the suit.....and not know it....but MX knows this which is why he says they know who it is.........

Then again perhaps Vanitas is something based off the incomplete memories of Ven or maybe he is a clone of Master Eraqus..........that would be weird......these are my thoughs....even though they are somewhat incomplete.

Maybe its even Master Eraqus son or MX's!!!! Not really but that thought just crossed my mind

Ventus Air-Man

Wanderer
Awards
@EdenTheSleep- It is actually very possible for Xehanort the Apprentice to be Vanitas. Like Sol mentioned earlier, Vanitas means to be vain in Latin or something. (I'll check to be sure) She went on to say that MX created a clone of himself because he actually was very vain, named Vanitas. MX then used Vanitas to help him attain Kingdom Hearts.

I have really strong feeling about this theory; I think it's true.

Vanitas.

i personally think vanitas is Xehanort but younger. maybe 18. because remember, this takes place about 10 years before KH1 when Xehanort experiments on himself and Ansem's apprentices.
No. The scene we see in KH2 is actually taken nearly a year after BBS.

From what we can conclude as of now it's nearly impossible for Vanitas himself to be Apprentice Xehanort.
Apprentice Xehanort's eyes are brown, and his eyebrows are white. Vanitas' eyebrows are black. Vanitas is about a head shorter than Xehanort since Xehanort is Terra's height and Vanitas is about Ven's height. That would mean Vanitas would have to grow up to that height to Xehanort in about a year which is actually possible.

The problem though is when Xehanort is found he's in his late 20's -30's. Ansem said he found a young man. Vanitas is most likely in his teenage years and he sounds like a teenager and is also referred as boy by MX and Terra. Another thing is if Vanitas goes up to Xehanort's height because of a growth spurt that means he's too young to be Xehanort because growth spurts occur in your teenage years. And if Vanitas is in his 20's he's too short to be Xehanort.

There's a reason why Vanitas' height is Ven's height and not Terra's or MX's.
She went on to say that MX created a clone of himself because he actually was very vain, named Vanitas. MX then used Vanitas to help him attain Kingdom Hearts.

The problem with that theory (that actually makes a lot of sense by the way) is because if Vanitas is a replica of MX he would have the same keyblade, the same height, the same name or a mixture of a name that adds up to MX.

zexyishsmexy

@EdenTheSleep- It is actually very possible for Xehanort the Apprentice to be Vanitas. Like Sol mentioned earlier, Vanitas means to be vain in Latin or something. (I'll check to be sure) She went on to say that MX created a clone of himself because he actually was very vain, named Vanitas. MX then used Vanitas to help him attain Kingdom Hearts.

did he use vanitas to attain kingdom hearts, or just to buy himself time?

I don't understand this theory just because well:
1. because it debunks the terranort theory, which makes more sence than vaninort...to me at least.
2. The age gap between Vanitas (if Van is the same age as riku, which I'm assuming just because of...you know height, and body similarities) and Apprentice Xehanort is really big.

BladeofHearts18

No. The scene we see in KH2 is actually taken nearly a year after BBS.

From what we can conclude as of now it's nearly impossible for Vanitas himself to be Apprentice Xehanort.
Apprentice Xehanort's eyes are brown, and his eyebrows are white. Vanitas' eyebrows are black. Vanitas is about a head shorter than Xehanort since Xehanort is Terra's height and Vanitas is about Ven's height. That would mean Vanitas would have to grow up to that height to Xehanort in about a year which is actually possible.

The problem though is when Xehanort is found he's in his late 20's -30's. Ansem said he found a young man. Vanitas is most likely in his teenage years and he sounds like a teenager and is also referred as boy by MX and Terra. Another thing is if Vanitas goes up to Xehanort's height because of a growth spurt that means he's too young to be Xehanort because growth spurts occur in your teenage years. And if Vanitas is in his 20's he's too short to be Xehanort.

There's a reason why Vanitas' height is Ven's height and not Terra's or MX's.

well you slaughtered my theory. but that's okay. thank you for telling me. i'm still wondering who vanitas is. he seems to be more of a villain than MX.

Vanitas.

ii'm still wondering who vanitas is. he seems to be more of a villain than MX.
It's a mystery for sure but my belief is he's connected towards Ven.

And MX and Vanitas are both the antagonists. Though I believe that Master Xehanort is merely using Vanitas to feed Terra's rage for the darkness to overtake him more.

Ventus Air-Man

Wanderer
Awards
Originally Posted by Vanitas.
The problem with that theory (that actually makes a lot of sense by the way) is because if Vanitas is a replica of MX he would have the same keyblade, the same height, the same name or a mixture of a name that adds up to MX

What about Xion? She doesn't look exactly like Sora.

Last edited:

zexyishsmexy

well you slaughtered my theory. but that's okay. thank you for telling me. i'm still wondering who vanitas is. he seems to be more of a villain than MX.
Alot of people are saying that, but I just think It is the difference in personalities.
Vanitas is a really unstable scary kind of evil, he can be calm one moment and just go serial killer in an instant. While MX can calmly talk to TAV and ME, explaining things, being sincere. He even apparently "regrets" his mistake in letting Vanitas have free reighn. But we have seen what he can/does do. He freezes a 15 year old boy and chucks him off a cliff without a second thought, he tempts terra into darkness, and trys to kill them with a wave of keyblades.
I think they are both as evil, MX just conceals it better

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back