• Hello everybody! We have tons of new awards for the new year that can be requested through our Awards System thanks to Antifa Lockhart! Some are limited-time awards so go claim them before they are gone forever...

CLICK HERE FOR AWARDS

Who is Zack's... (editted!)

REGISTER TO REMOVE ADS
Status
Not open for further replies.

Sign

trapped in revamp hell
Staff member
Awards
Warning: Contains spoilers of FFVII and Crisis Core.

Edit: Back from school, so I've editted quite a bit.

So, something caught my attention when I was watching this:

YouTube - Birth by sleep: Terra vs Zack

At 5:57, Zack mentions that Terra reminds him of the hero he admires, but who can that be? He says it's not because of his looks, but of his attitude.

Theory 1: Angeal

If you've played Crisis Core, you must be aware that Angeal is Zack's mentor, and the original owner of the Buster Sword. But does Zack actually admire him? We know they were very close, but under the circumstances, we've never actually seen Zack admiring Angeal seeing as how he left after Chapter 2, and every time they met after that wasn't exactly a good one. However, Angeal is still one of the elite SOLDIER 1st Class, and as we know, everyone admires them. If it were shown ingame, we probably would've seen 3rd Class Zack fanboying over Angeal as well.

However, some people have told me that the one important thing that makes this unlikely is the fact that Angeal is not in KH, and he's rarely referenced. The Angeal references are, Zack's D-Link (Hero's Pride), Terra's attitude similarites to Angeal, and the Buster Sword that Cloud uses in KH1. In the original Japanese KH1, Sephiroth was only had the one vague reference by Cloud when he told Sora that he was looking for someone, although Seph himself wasn't included in the game. Since Angeal has more references than Seph himself, he still could be this hero.

Theory 2: Sephiroth

FF7 Sephiroth: He's the frickin' super SOLDIER 1st Class, pride and joy of Shinra, the "hero" of the war, etc etc etc. Of course Zack admires him! It was actually shown in the TGS 06 trailer(1:52), though we know that that particular scene ended up being scrapped.

YouTube - Crisis Core -Final Fantasy VII- TGS 2006 Trailer (SUBBED)

Something to note is that if we follow CC's timeline, and if Sephiroth is indeed the recipient of Zack's admiration, that would make Memory Master's theory of Genesis being the owner of the feather correct.

KH Sephiroth: Here's what complicates this. We know in KH, Sephiroth is Cloud's darkness, but is he a physical manifestation of Cloud's darkness like Tifa is with his light whose only existence is for causing unneccessary angst, or does he actually exist as his own self?

Kingdom Hearts II

Final Fantasy VII
An unsurpassed swordsman who was once revered as a hero. For a long time Sephiroth's whereabouts were unknown, and no one can say for sure why he has returned. He seems to have some connection to Cloud's past.

So, that shows that Sephiroth was his own person at some point before being involved with Cloud and the darkness. And he was, just like his Final Fantasy counterpart, once revered as a hero. He could very well be this mystery hero.

In a few words, one can describe Sephiroth (pre-Nibelheim) as hiding a kind and caring self underneath the cool and aloof Sephiroth we know him so well as. Although FF Seph isn't the same person as KH Seph, certain aspects of FF characters are carried over to this alternate reality. There isn't a lot of evidence as to whether this really happened, but it can be assumed that KH Sephiroth was at some point, like pre-Nibelheim Sephiroth.

I've mentioned this because Zack mentions that Terra's attitude reminds him of his hero. Although Terra is obviously more social, his attitude is similar to that of Sephiroth's, at least to an extent. And unlike Angeal, Sephiroth has actually made a cameo in this series.

Theory 3: Genesis

We might as well discuss the possibilities of Genesis being the hero since we've already discussed his two buddies. We know that the feather in the ending belongs to Genesis, since it's a pure black instead of a dark blue like Sephiroth's. Genesis, when he's not reciting LOVELESS over and over again, really does act similar to Terra, I mean his attitude. Makes me wonder why I don't notice these things when I've played CC like 5 times... Anyway, that much said, Genesis really doesn't have any other references in KH. However, we know it's Zack's dream to become a hero, hence, why he came all the way to the coliseum from whatever town he's from, for a chance to become Phil's apprentice and accomplish his dream. We find out later on that Phil will only take on one person, and that one person is obviously Herc. With that plan a bust, Zack watches from the gates of the coliseum as the train, and a black feather falls from the sky. I find it actually possible that Genesis, being a hero, would take on Zack as his own student.

Theory 3: Auron

A warrior that Hades called forth from the Underworld. In exchange for his freedom, Auron was commanded to defeat Hercules. But he refused to work with Hades, saying, "This is my story." He doesn't talk about himself very much. What sort of story has he written thus far?

After questioning a few people and reviewing some info, Auron seems to be a likely candidate to be the mystery hero. However, the thing that conflicts with this is what Hades says prior to Auron's revival, which is: "This time I'm bringing out the mother of all bad guys."

Since Auron's past is rather ambiguous, we can't really assume anything about him. All we know is that he lived his life defending others, his acquaintances had died, and that he feels guilty for still being alive while they aren't.

I must defeat you and atone for my crimes.

I exist. That is my crime. It is...inexcusable.

It is not too late! Let us turn back! Yes, but I...I cannot accept it.
Where is the sense in all this? But...there must be another way! Your deaths
will mean nothing! You must live!

I lived my life defending others. But now...there's no one left to
protect.

Personally, I think Hades is exaggerating the fact that Auron is a "bad guy". He might've done bad things in the past, but it doesn't make him a villain. If he's lived his life defending others, wouldn't that make him a hero? And back to Zack's mentioning of Terra's attitude, Auron's is also quite similar.

Some people have argued that Auron isn't originally from OC, and that Hades just revived someone who satisfies his requirements. However, isn't it also true that every world has different "laws"? I'd understand it if Auron had died on OC, though I'd find it unlikely since we've learned that very few people were able to travel to other worlds. But if he didn't die there, would his spirit really be sent all the way to OC? Let's use Mufasa as an example: we all know he's dead, but his spirit wasn't sent to OC. It just went...wherever it went, but it still remained in the Pride Lands instead of stuck in some bottomless hole in the Underworld. So if Auron had died on another world, his spirit would've also stayed on that world, thus, why he's at OC.

I've also been told of two other possibilities, but the reasons why I think they are unlucky are below:

Theory 4: Cloud

He's a mystery. We have no idea what he was up to, where he was from, etc., though judging by the fact that Aerith is acquainted with him and is aware of his existence even while he was off in another world, he seems to be from RG. Some people have mentioned that Cloud was at OC later on in KH1, and that he may have even been there when Maleficent took over RG. However, Maleficent's takeover took place a year after the events of BBS.

We learn from Phil that people have high expectations of heroes; in fact, he himself is very picky about them, and it took Hercules many years before Phil was satisfied. Keeping with the canonity of Hercules (the movie), you can call yourself a hero when you've prevented a natural disaster, saved a city from the big bads, that kind of stuff. Though Cloud is quite strong, the chances that he found someone to train him from a young age, gained enough experience to satisfy said trainer, and managed to prove and earn a name for himself, I find it unlikely that this mystery hero is Cloud.

Then again, I couldn't even type these two paragraphs without getting confused, so I'm probably missing something.

Theory 5: Hercules

Well, we see that Zack meets with Herc. We know that Herc is training with Phil to become a hero so that he can meet his father. Since he is still training, he is obviously not a hero. Also, Terra's attitude is quite different to that of Herc's.

Who do you think Zack's hero is? I find it most likely to be Sephiroth, with Angeal and Auron tied with a close second, and Genesis as a close third.

Discuss!

Last edited:

The Fishman

Keyblade Master
Re: Who is Zack's...

probably Sephiroth, but if don't mind me asking why is this post here of all places?

Girl'e

probably Sephiroth, but if don't mind me asking why is this post here of all places?

Because it's spolier, isn't it? Not many people know what Zack did in BbS.

I'd say Angeal.

Angeal was more social and less stoic than Sephiroth. I mean, Sephiroth wasn't truly cold in CC, but he wasn't jolly either.

Allister Rose

French Lover

we have yet to see angeal and from the looks of it, i dont think he will.

sephiroth maybe,

auron is still a possibility seeing as how he was also in olympic colleseum

Girl'e

I'd figure Sephiroth was more apart of Cloud's history. I'm assuming Cloud was raised in Radiant Garden so Sephiroth must have been there too. And you know Sephiroth... where ever Cloud goes, he goes.

Auron could be a possibility. Hades referred to him as a hero at one point right? And Auron seems friendly, to a point. He's kinda reminiscent to Angeal.

Wasn't there part in CC when Zack has to guard Hojo, and Hojo decided to experiment on him when Zack get's stuck in the glass casing? I think one of the first questions was "who he wanted to be like" or "admire", and the choices were either Angeal or Sephiroth (I apologize, I haven't played the game in awhile). I think that right there shows he admired Angeal too.

MDX

angeal.

my theory?

when terra offers his hand to zack, it mirrors when angeal offers his hand to zack in cc. this explains why zack says terra reminds him of a hero.

check and mate?=3

Blaze of Glory

It's Genesis

In the ending credits where you see Zack at Olympus Coliseum watching Phil train Herc he sees black feathers falling from above him. The looks he exhibits is almost similar to Leon's when he receives a letter; at the end of KHII during the credits similar to the one he get's from Rinoa in FFVIII.

Ventus Air-Man

Wanderer
Awards

Warning: Contains spoilers of FFVII and Crisis Core.

So, something caught my attention when I was watching this:

YouTube - Birth by sleep: Terra vs Zack

At 5:57, Zack mentions that Terra reminds him of the hero he admires, but who can that be? He says it's not because of his looks, but of his attitude.

Theory 1: Angeal

If you've played Crisis Core, you must be aware that Angeal is Zack's mentor, and the original owner of the Buster Sword. But does Zack actually admire him? We know they were very close, but under the circumstances, we've never actually seen Zack admiring Angeal seeing as how he left after Chapter 2, and every time they met after that wasn't exactly a good one. However, Angeal is still one of the elite SOLDIER 1st Class, and as we know, everyone admires them. If it were shown ingame, we probably would've seen 3rd Class Zack fanboying over Angeal as well.

Theory 2: Sephiroth

FF7 Sephiroth: He's the frickin' super SOLDIER 1st Class, pride and joy of Shinra, the "hero" of the war, etc etc etc. Of course Zack admires him! It was actually shown in the TGS 06 trailer(1:52), though we know that that particular scene ended up being scrapped.

YouTube - Crisis Core -Final Fantasy VII- TGS 2006 Trailer (SUBBED)

Something to note is that if we follow CC's timeline, and if Sephiroth is indeed the recipient of Zack's admiration, that would make Memory Master's theory of Genesis being the owner of the feather correct.

KH Sephiroth: Here's what complicates this. We know in KH, Sephiroth is Cloud's darkness, but is he a physical manifestation of Cloud's darkness like Tifa is with his light whose only existence is for causing unneccessary angst, or does he actually exist as his own self?

So, that shows that Sephiroth was his own person at some point before being involved with Cloud and the darkness. And he was, just like his Final Fantasy counterpart, once revered as a hero. He could very well be this mystery hero.

Who do you think Zack's hero is? As much as I'd like it to be Angeal, it seems like it's more likely to be Sephiroth.

Discuss!

I'd say either Sephiroth or Hercules.

αsiя

space coke

Why Hercules?

I think it could be Genesis

Ventus Air-Man

Wanderer
Awards

Well, we don't really know how long Zach had been in Olympus Coliseum. He could have met Hercules.

T

The Spoiler

Guys its Cloud. CloudStrifeSmile <- lol

None of the other heroes from FF7 appear in the series but Cloud, and it makes sense since hes at OC in KH1.

Sephiroth isnt really a hero in KH so idk, its also possible hes talking about him.

And btw, the feather in the credits is Sephiroths. There is a bluish tint if you look closely and Genesis is never in KH so yeah.

Last edited:

Ulti

hurr hurr hurr
Awards

I would say its more than likely a character who ACTUALLY exists in the KH universe. Cloud and Sephiroth exist and that makes Cloud the obvious choice. Genesis and Angeal don't even appear in the universe, thus they do not exist for now.

Ventus Air-Man

Wanderer
Awards

Yeah, that's another reason why I chose Hercules. He seems to be the only Disney character in Olympus Coliseum that is also in BBS.

Memory Master

Gold Member
Awards

I would say Sephiroth because the journal says he was once revered as a hero so Sephiroth is the likliest choice. Cloud is a possibility too, but I lean more toward Sephiroth.

DXLelouch

though if Nomura wanted to he could say Genesis exists simply because he developed the damn game lolz
Remember Kiddies in Kingdom Hearts Nomuras word is Law,hes the Officer,the sherrif,and the Pope lolz

ROXAS_32

Lobo Solitario
Awards
Website
www.twitter.com

I thought Angeal at first but it is most likely Sephiroth because Sephiroth was one a famed member of Solider so ti makes sense to me...
i dont think cloud really adds up because of the time frame...

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back