• Hello everybody! We have tons of new awards for the new year that can be requested through our Awards System thanks to Antifa Lockhart! Some are limited-time awards so go claim them before they are gone forever...

CLICK HERE FOR AWARDS

Worlds of Kingdom Hearts | Star Wars is here, bby! Other live action films?

REGISTER TO REMOVE ADS

Chaser

Not KHI Site Staff
Staff member
Awards
Re: Worlds of Kingdom Hearts - Top 3 Worlds You Want w/explanation

That is not true and there's still Jump Festa. They could easily reveal something there including renders of a new world and lets not forget Nomura's interviews there. Hopefully they ask him if we've seen all the Disney Worlds and if FF is gonna be in KH3. Since the game is releasing next month I imagine he'd be honest about both topics. If we have or haven'tt seen all the Disney Worlds yet.

I also don't know why you're quoting a former community manager of SE. FORMER means he's gone. For all we know they could be going full stop with promoting the game in trailers and TV spots in Japan in January. They were specific when they listed the translation that this was the final trailer of 2018. Not the FINAL trailer period.
I quoted him because he has worked on the Kingdom Hearts series, including 0.2, before he went and got a job elsewhere. He has way more knowledge about how Square Enix operates than you ever will, and he said this last night when the information about the “Final trailer” went out.

Last edited:

AangArrow

Re: Worlds of Kingdom Hearts - Top 3 Worlds You Want w/explanation

That is not true and there's still Jump Festa. They could easily reveal something there including renders of a new world and lets not forget Nomura's interviews there. Hopefully they ask him if we've seen all the Disney Worlds and if FF is gonna be in KH3. Since the game is releasing next month I imagine he'd be honest about both topics. If we have or haven'tt seen all the Disney Worlds yet.

I also don't know why you're quoting a former community manager of SE. FORMER means he's gone. For all we know they could be going full stop with promoting the game in trailers and TV spots in Japan in January. They were specific when they listed the translation that this was the final trailer of 2018. Not the FINAL trailer period.

You really don't know when to give up, do you? Nomura himself stated this is the FINAL trailer on KH Japanese Twitter. It's the translator who add "2018" at the back of "FINAL Trailer". Obviously we should trust Nomura's words first compared to translator who can wrongly interprate his words.

Perkilator

Awards
Hey guys, I think we should bring back the “Rate Their Chances” thread out of hiatus, but this time make it for KH4.

Zettaflare

Shibuya
Awards
Hopefully KH4 has a good balance between modern and older Disney so both camps can be satisfied. Along with Zootopia and Moana they could finally add Treasure Planet and Bugs Life

ultima-demi

(>..)>
Awards
Yeah hopefully.

It will be interesting to see how much better the worlds will look for the next game. I don't think there's much doubt the next KH game will be on ps5, what with next gen consoles not too long from now.

Last edited:

TruestSyn

Bronze Member
Awards
Ok here I go:

Zootopia- very clearly the vice mayor can be corrupting people with darkness or whatever new enemy gimmick may show up. Sora could be an alternate version of his original concept sketch and the keyblade you get could be a mix of the popsicle, her carrot pen, and maybe the ZPD badge.

Treasure Planet- Since there was data leading to believe it would have been in 3d, this movie is a shoe-in but if they stick with an open world thing it may be harder to pull off. Keyblade could look like Silver's cybernetic arm and have the orb as a keychain.

Moana- the same travelling system used in The Caribbean would work in a smaller boat and have islands you can explore along with the realm of monsters and have a battle with the kakamora and Tamatoa. Keyblade would be a mix of Maui's fish hook, the heart of Tefiti and maybe have a Heihei keychain. I know im butchering these names.

The inclusion of one or more Disney tv shows or one world thats all of them? Having properties like Star Vs The Forces of Evil or Gravity Falls the shows that have adventure packed in. Id love a keyblade thats a mix of Star's Wand and any of the cool gadgets in Gravity Falls.

horto12485

Awards
Yeah hopefully.

It will be interesting to see how much better the worlds will look for the next game. I don't think there's much doubt the next KH game will be on ps5, what with next gen consoles not too long from now.

Wait does anyone Else think that the Next Kingdom Hearts game (KH4) could be on the PS5 or we don't know yet

Chaser

Not KHI Site Staff
Staff member
Awards
Wait does anyone Else think that the Next Kingdom Hearts game (KH4) could be on the PS5 or we don't know yet
Gaming analysts and industry insiders are predicting a 2020 launch for the next round of PlayStation and Xbox consoles. Xbox have teased what is next and PlayStation have slowed down their gaming announcements (e.g. not having PSX this month and skipping E3 next year) presumably due to the impending launch of a new generation of consoles.

Kingdom Hearts 4 would be cross-gen at best, if they pumped it out fast enough, but I can't see the next game launching a year or two after this one. Maybe in 2022, since they don't have to built literally everything from scratch?

Nyx Winters

The Dawn Fox
Awards
Gaming analysts and industry insiders are predicting a 2020 launch for the next round of PlayStation and Xbox consoles. Xbox have teased what is next and PlayStation have slowed down their gaming announcements (e.g. not having PSX this month and skipping E3 next year) presumably due to the impending launch of a new generation of consoles.

Kingdom Hearts 4 would be cross-gen at best, if they pumped it out fast enough, but I can't see the next game launching a year or two after this one. Maybe in 2022, since they don't have to built literally everything from scratch?

Agreed plus i think its far more likely we will get a spin off game next instead of a straight up KH4 maybe on the switch or theyll continue to release story dlc (ff15 style) to keep the game live

DizneyXBirds95

Awards
Hopefully KH4 has a good balance between modern and older Disney so both camps can be satisfied. Along with Zootopia and Moana they could finally add Treasure Planet and Bugs Life
And also other Disney and Pixar films like Lilo & Stitch, Atlantis, Wreck-it Ralph, Inside Out, The Incredibles, Coco, etc..

Speaking of Treasure Planet, I'd say the chances of the film being in is very likely as their isn't any other film that fits the Pirate motif aside from PotC and Peter Pan. Also with the 4th and 5th Pirates movies being set two decades after the third film which would make PotC unlikely to return then TP has a good chance of getting in the game.

2022/2023 realistically would be the year KH4 comes out as not only would it be the first game and the franchise's 20th anniversary along with being the 10th anniversary of DDD it's a perfect release for a new KH game.

I'd see it go something like this:

2019: KH3 and KH VR experience

2020: KH collection for XBox one, Switch and/or PC, KH4 announced

2021: Another KH related merchandise (collection on PS5 and next Gen)

2022: KH 20th Anniversary and KH4.

Last edited:

horto12485

Awards
And also other Disney and Pixar films like Lilo & Stitch, Atlantis, Wreck-it Ralph, Inside Out, The Incredibles, Coco, etc..

Speaking of Treasure Planet, I'd say the chances of the film being in is very likely as their isn't any other film that fits the Pirate motif aside from PotC and Peter Pan. Also with the 4th and 5th Pirates movies being set two decades after the third film which would make PotC unlikely to return then TP has a good chance of getting in the game.

2022/2023 realistically would be the year KH4 comes out as not only would it be the first game and the franchise's 20th anniversary along with being the 10th anniversary of DDD a perfect release for a new KH game.

I'd see it go something like this:

2019: KH3 and KH VR experience

2020: KH collection for XBox one, Switch and/or PC, KH4 announced

2021: Another KH related merchandise (collection on PS5 and next Gen)

2022: KH 20th Anniversary and KH4.

This i can all Agree with i mean I do like this Theory on How KH4 should be released.

Elysium

Be Wiser Than the Serpent
Awards
I think Moana, WIR, Zootopia, and Frozen (again) will be locks for KH4. Probably Coco and Inside Out as far as PIXAR films. I hope there isn't another enormous wait between titles again, but I can see it happening because of the VII remake. Sadly, I think TP&TF will be less likely post-3.

TruestSyn

Bronze Member
Awards
I think Moana, WIR, Zootopia, and Frozen (again) will be locks for KH4. Probably Coco and Inside Out as far as PIXAR films. I hope there isn't another enormous wait between titles again, but I can see it happening because of the VII remake. Sadly, I think TP&TF will be less likely post-3.

I don't think it'll be nearly that long. Remember they had engine issues and they had to build this game from the ground up, not having any resources they could recycle. Now they'll have a bare bones to start with and will take less time to mold it into the next game. That's my same reasoning behind how long it took for Spiderman 1 (ps4) and that we'll probably see Spiderman 2 soon because they've got the assets down.

Elysium

Be Wiser Than the Serpent
Awards
Actually--and I know this won't happen but let me dream--now that Disney has bought FOX and everything, I can't stop thinking how cool it would be to see Thumbelina, Anastasia, or FernGully as a world in KH. That would be so weird, but I'd love it. I think those films feel more like Disney than PIXAR really.

notnow123487

Awards

I think it’s likely Osaka will just continue on and Tai Yasue will continue on as series director and Nomura will just contribute the scenario from here on out. I imagine Nomura probably knows this is the time to pass on the torch.

TruestSyn

Bronze Member
Awards
Actually--and I know this won't happen but let me dream--now that Disney has bought FOX and everything, I can't stop thinking how cool it would be to see Thumbelina, Anastasia, or FernGully as a world in KH. That would be so weird, but I'd love it. I think those films feel more like Disney than PIXAR really.

That would be pretty awesome. All those cheesy Don Bluth films. Rock-a-doodle would totally fit, considering the darkness in the movie.

ImVentus

Awards
I can see it right now. 2020-2021, future predictions
Zootopia, Moana, Avengers, Incredibles, SW, Burton's Alice, Brave or Inside Out. Fans will gush over consideration for Coco & Onward, despite the film's overly complex technology used in the films. To translate from cinematic format to video game limitations, would take a whole decade to replicate the same style in video game graphics. If San Fransokyo was a pain to work on, Coco's Land Of The Dead would be a nightmare for game developers to design & render.
Then fans will be back on future YT & KH related forums, bringing up reasons why Treasure Planet & Ralph should be added. Fans will also want for TS to return, basing on storylines for TS3.

R.I.P Dumbo, 101 Dalmatians, Atlantis, The Black Cauldron, The Emperor's New Groove, Dinosaur, Meet The Robinsons, Rescuers.

Last edited:

Zettaflare

Shibuya
Awards
In regards to returning worlds KH4 could bring back Agrabah and adapt King of Thieves. Would be a good time to finish that world's storyline.

Pokie

I would love to have a small time skip between KH3- KH4 and maybe a decade after the 3rd event so poor HJO doesn't have to struggle to voice a teenaged boy anymore, and we can see old worlds again, but with some changes- maybe Little Mermaid 2 and Ariel has had Melody, maybe Lion King 2 where Simba has had Kiara, or Return to Neverland with Jane.

Also Aladdin and the King of Thieves to complete the Aladdin arc, where Aladdin learns about his Father.

I would also adore seeing Moana, Emperors New Groove, Black Cauldron, Princess and the Frog, Atlantis, and Robin Hood to replace the "Hercules training world".

ItsBillyTheKid

My ideal Kingdom Hearts IV, changing it up a bit.

Firstly, I'd do a personal story spin-off game starring Lea on his own personal adventure traveling throughout the Disney channel tv show worlds.

Then, onto KH4.

Main villain: Oswald the Lucky Rabbit (Personal vendetta against Mickey), w/ seeds of the next big OG KH villain throughout.

Party Members: Max Goof (trying to save his father who's been captured with Mickey, Donald, etc.), Darkwing Duck (A lone vigilante wanting vengeance against Oswald, who destroyed his world/family.)

TEN DISNEY WORLDS
Moana - The Sea (I'd make this the first world. I would love KH3 to end with the trio, or whoever lives, on their raft finally, and then running into Moana on the seas, leading directly into KH4 before all of the madness of the main villain's plot ensues.)
Atlantis - Underwater Kingdom
Bug’s Life - Ant Hill/Bug City made of cardboard and other items (Wayne Szalinski from Honey I Shrunk the Kids uses his shrink ray to accidentally send the boys to the world of a Bug's Life)
Treasure Planet - Space
Coco - Land of the dead
Zootopia - The city with versatile animal environments
Inside out - Kairi’s Mind (be a great way to delve more into her character from another person’s point of view and how’s she’s felt over the course of the series. I'd also accept a world playing as Kairi in Sora's mind.)
Agrabah/The Vanishing Isle - The Desert/Turtle Island
The Incredibles - Modern City/jungle island
The Emperor’s New Groove - Mountains/Grasslands/Rainforest

Then after KH4, with the seeding of it all, do a KHx/UX recap game/movie to help people understand those stories more, then focus on that in KH5.

I know that will never happen the way I want it too...but I can dream...

Back