• Hello everybody! We have tons of new awards for the new year that can be requested through our Awards System thanks to Antifa Lockhart! Some are limited-time awards so go claim them before they are gone forever...

CLICK HERE FOR AWARDS

The World Ends With You In Kingdom Hearts?

REGISTER TO REMOVE ADS
Status
Not open for further replies.

Face My Fears

She's not an "it"!
Awards
I was thinking that maybe in Kingdom Hearts 3, with their aim at possibly becoming a darker series, they could link The World Ends With You's characters to Kingdom Hearts.

Here me out, it could go two ways I see. The first way would be [those unfamiliar with the game can stop reading now] that Neku's challenge in The Game, would be to defeat some mega heartless/Noise thing that shows up in Hollow Bastion or Traverse Town (he's transported there with his partner Shiki) and Sora meets him and agrees to help him.

Or the second way could be Sora finds the Shibuya world and when he enters he's in the RealGround (RG). Then he gets killed along with Donald/Goofy and they wake up in the UG where they have to play The Game and Sora/Neku make a pact and work together to win The Game.

Thoughts on the idea? [Haven't been on KHI in forever so no idea if someone posted this before]

Rexy

Bronze Member
Sorry but i would rather see Pandora Hearts in it, great music and great story.. And it was Square-Enix to do it to

Face My Fears

She's not an "it"!
Awards
I never heard of Pandora Hearts but I just love The World Ends With You, it's like the only other game I'm obsessed with besides Kingdom Hearts.

Orion

Prepared To Die
Awards
The cosmologies of Kingdom Hearts and The World Ends With You overlap very vaguely, but you have to be looking at a TWEWY world as having metaphysics entirely different from every other one out there - which isn't going to happen.

With a whole host of much more looked-forward-to worlds yet to be implemented, it would be stupid of Nomura and the development team to implement TWEWY before anything else. Or even not get everything else out of the way before they introduce any possible cross-franchise material.

It's the sort of thing that could happen, but the hoops that need to be jumped through to get there would just make it an out-of-place inclusion in the series' roster of worlds.

Face My Fears

She's not an "it"!
Awards
The cosmologies of Kingdom Hearts and The World Ends With You overlap very vaguely, but you have to be looking at a TWEWY world as having metaphysics entirely different from every other one out there - which isn't going to happen.

With a whole host of much more looked-forward-to worlds yet to be implemented, it would be stupid of Nomura and the development team to implement TWEWY before anything else. Or even not get everything else out of the way before they introduce any possible cross-franchise material.

It's the sort of thing that could happen, but the hoops that need to be jumped through to get there would just make it an out-of-place inclusion in the series' roster of worlds.

Well personally I think they're about done with The Radiant Garden/Hollow Bastion stories with Leon and the gang [I did not even play BBS so I'm not sure what's happening with that.] So it would be nice to introduce a new world/characters that aren't Final Fantasy related.

Izayoi

galactic cancer
While TWEWY has a cult following and won some awards, it also isn't exactly the most outwardly popular and well-known game. Especially when you compare it to the Final Fantasies or Dragon Quest or something (considering Japan gets the attention).

Youniquee

Awards
Sorry, I don't see it suiting Kingdom hearts. TWEWY is more...I duno, modern game. Kingdom hearts is kinda like...Magical, Fantasy. It will be like Sora being transported into our world.

Orion

Prepared To Die
Awards
Also, TWEWY, being the better game, should in no way be associated with the inferior franchise (Kingdom Hearts) except for the fact they share developers.

Relix

A traveler
Awards
othstu.gif

thats how I feel about this idea. no offense.

snow_flake40

Awards
If they were going to do other, non-FF franchises in KH, I really doubt TWEWY would be their first choice. I just don't see them blending together at all. TWEWY seems too...realistic, for lack of a better word, especially in contrast to KH's vibrant, magical, Disney feel.

I really don't see Sora stepping out into real-world Shibuya anytime soon. And if he were to join the Game as Neku's partner, then the world's plot would be much longer than a world's plot should be. TWEWY just has too much going on to condense into one or two episodes. And Sora's supposed to always be able to get up and leave a world as he pleases via Gummi Ship, no matter what havoc is being wreaked at that particular moment. If Sora was playing the Game, he wouldn't be able to leave Shibuya, let alone the world. He'd have to stay put for seven days, which I just don't see happening.

As for Neku in Radiant Garden, that would mean 3D, un-sprite-ified Neku. No. Just...no.

So, yeah. I love KH and I love TWEWY. Just not together.

WaveK89

Good point snow_flake40. I just can't see TWEWY characters in a 3d form in the KH universe. Well, I can see it; it's just not pretty.

Able_Beard

Banned
I would Dragon Quest getting in there quicker then TWEWY to be honest.. It has more resources and more materiel or so I find

But I doubt either

Oracle Spockanort

written in the stars
Staff member
Awards
Website
twitter.com
Ew.

TWEWY should never be touched by KH with a 100ft pole. -_- That game is superior to KH in so many ways. Also, like another member mentioned, how would they make Neku in 3D work? That sounds really...gross. KH needs to stick to Disney and FF only. Nothing else.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back