• Hello everybody! We have tons of new awards for the new year that can be requested through our Awards System thanks to Antifa Lockhart! Some are limited-time awards so go claim them before they are gone forever...

CLICK HERE FOR AWARDS

KHInsider Awards Official Discussion Thread

REGISTER TO REMOVE ADS
Status
Not open for further replies.

Orion

Prepared To Die
Awards
I can request an award, but it says I don't have the ability to recommend awards.

Turn

(ノ◕ヮ◕)ノ~&#
Awards
Website
flavors.me
Also, the females' Hottest of the Hot award starts with, "Winner of the males division..."

/unimportant

O

Oberon

Is the award system purely based on nominations at this point? I don't see any "request" options, so I'm under the impression you can't request for yourself anymore?

also,
Keep in mind, the awards are for present and future contributions, as in, how you've been contributing to the forums since this system was put in place on May 30, 2010, not your past contributions.
So what you're trying to say is that before May 30th, any activity that could count towards receiving an award does not count?

Just clarifying in case I'm somehow misunderstanding. Thanks guis

O

Oberon

it was probably a stupid question but for the longest time (before reading the rules a few days ago) I just figured it was based on total activity since you had joined.

now it makes sense lul

very differentiable
Awards
Well, it's a system that's way better than rep, that's for sure. And i like to express my gratitude and amazement at being considered a master debater, i never expected that.

Nyokou

Kind of like... Xbox 360 achievements or PS3 Trophies. I like.

I've thought about implementing an awards system on our forum. Maybe it'll encourage our members to not break the rules so much, hopefully. Kids are such suckers for awards, even if they are absolutely worthless in the end. (Yes, our forum is full of kids, lol)

Orion

Prepared To Die
Awards
Kind of like... Xbox 360 achievements or PS3 Trophies. I like.

I've thought about implementing an awards system on our forum. Maybe it'll encourage our members to not break the rules so much, hopefully. Kids are such suckers for awards, even if they are absolutely worthless in the end. (Yes, our forum is full of kids, lol)
You don't offer misbehaving members a reward for not being bad, you give them a punishment for being bad. Infractions would keep them from breaking rules, not awards - they would be to then encourage exemplary behaviour or effort.

Nyokou

We do have punishments, but they break the rules anyway. Most of our members are under the age of 15, it's bound to happen. Even if I put all our rules in the initial registration process, they would most likely skip over it or something. I know I do. And it's not like the average 12 or 13 year old is going to look at the word 'RULES' in giant letters at the top of the page and be like "Oh, this looks interesting, let me take a look!"

They'd most likely click big letters that read 'AWARDS' though. Although, I'm grateful for the members that are at least smart enough to read our rules and follow them. ♥

Shamdeo

skipped leg day
Awards
Website
finalfantasy.net
There are definitely individuals deserving of troll/bad/derp trophies. But I don't like rewarding that behavior. The only derp one is if you're actually funny in FI.

Mirby

Too many games too little time
Awards
Website
twitch.tv
I've been to forums with awards before. The only one I got was the "Desperate for a Proper Award" award. :3

DMrayZ

Digidork for life.
Awards
At the end of time, listening to the drums...
Umm, I need a little help? I tried to nominate someone for an award, but everytime I send the request it says "There's some error when sending your award request. Please contact site's administrator for assistant." Obviously if I have to contact the admin I will, but I don't actually know How to contact the admin, is it just using the "contact us" link at the bottom of the page, or is there another way?

Sign

trapped in revamp hell
Staff member
Awards
Umm, I need a little help? I tried to nominate someone for an award, but everytime I send the request it says "There's some error when sending your award request. Please contact site's administrator for assistant." Obviously if I have to contact the admin I will, but I don't actually know How to contact the admin, is it just using the "contact us" link at the bottom of the page, or is there another way?

PM the admins. I think the Contact Us link is rather outdated.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back