• Hello everybody! We have tons of new awards for the new year that can be requested through our Awards System thanks to Antifa Lockhart! Some are limited-time awards so go claim them before they are gone forever...

CLICK HERE FOR AWARDS

Sony

REGISTER TO REMOVE ADS

MATGSY

Silver Member
Awards
Rumored new console releasing from Sony next year, essentially a PSVR Switch:

Part of the rumor's details include, per Neogaf:
It will use the new Power VR's Furian Architecture, 8 GB RAM, 32 Internal Storage, Micro SD, 299 price target, TV-Out optional (external adaptor).
The main focus will be VR anywhere instead local multiplayer like Switch. All games will have a VR mode, what doesn't mean that all the games will be made for VR Only.
All games will have its virtual Room, something similar to Playstation Home, but these rooms will not be part of any integrated kind of virtual world.
Will have 1440p Screen, but the games will run between 1080p and 720p, the 1440p will be used on VR applications like watching videos or less demanding games.
the VR bracelets still are in consideration and aren't mandatory to play, they only help the sensors to find and do not miss understand your hand. like when you put your hands together.
The glasses will be made of a very cheap material and will be made several colors and models, almost like Google DayDream, a little better.
The Party System will be expanded to VR Rooms, with simple avatars which will move its heads and hands very closely to its real users.

The system will be not treated as a secondary system, but as if it was a PS5.

And it will be released in October next Year.

Obviously, take this with a grain of salt considering where it all stems from, but it's interesting. I understand the rumor says it won't be treated as a secondary system, but I'd have to imagine this would coexist with PS4, extending the PS4's lifespan but also transferring VR to this new system.

The only way Sony could make a handheld work at this rate is if it was literally a portable PS4. Like the existing digital library you have on PS4 can be played on it natively without any need for devs to do any porting. Anything short of that flops. Plus portable VR at $300 next year doesn't sound feasible.

Ballad of Caius

Player 💀
Awards
The only way Sony could make a handheld work at this rate is if it was literally a portable PS4. Like the existing digital library you have on PS4 can be played on it natively without any need for devs to do any porting. Anything short of that flops. Plus portable VR at $300 next year doesn't sound feasible.

I don't even think it's possible. It would require a lot of cooling, and the battery would only last a sneeze. Even if they make a portable PS4, it would still suffer from poor battery life. I can see this working if they revised the Vita with better tech and gave it the VR technology. But even so, Nintendo is still dominating the portable scene with the 3DS and the Switch. It'll be hard for Sony to introduce a portable machine at this date and time. And they're in no position to make this risk, what with Sony's other divisions failing and Computer Entertainment basically taking all the hits it can absorb with the PS4's success.

MATGSY

Silver Member
Awards
Exactly, the only way to succeed is with a miracle dream machine with no basis in reality.

Recon

Art of War
Awards
PLAYSTATION-PS4-Slim-500-GB-Silver
anotha one

Grizzly

Stopza
Awards
July is a very solid month for PS+

PS4
Until Dawn
Game of Thrones
That's You

PS3
Tokyo Jungle
Darkstalkers Resurrection

Vita
Don't Die Mr. Robot
Element4l

Noir

Bronze Member
Awards
July is a very solid month for PS+

PS4
Until Dawn
Game of Thrones
That's You

PS3
Tokyo Jungle
Darkstalkers Resurrection

Vita
Don't Die Mr. Robot
Element4l

I'm pretty pleased with the inclusion of Until Dawn. Except I also lament it because diddly this game, it's so stressful.

Max

"There's always money in the banana stand."
Staff member
Awards
So, That's You! is a very unexpected surprise. As in, I did not think it was going to be so fun and addicting when you could get a group of friends together, we start and then we just can't stop!

maryadavies

She Shoots for the Stars
Awards
Website
maryadavies.vze.com
Just so folks know, there's a system update today for the PS4. Yeah, stability update, but this one is especially important if you play XIV on the PS4; it fixes a bug that made you d/l a big old patch every time the power blinked or the system got turned off improperly.

I got it myself even tho yeah, I play PC FFXIV. No telling what other bugs it smashed..

MATGSY

Silver Member
Awards
Wonder if it'll bring back the cut content from the original.

Max

"There's always money in the banana stand."
Staff member
Awards

Not only is this super exciting seeing as how the original is great, but online multiplayer? Oh yeah, my buddy and I will be grabbing this for sure now.

Recon

Art of War
Awards
Thank god it's not chibi. I like it, but I haven't played the original yet...yeah...about that...

Recon

Art of War
Awards
It really isn't, which is somewhat disappointing. Some of a minor features are welcomed.

Back