• Hello everybody! We have tons of new awards for the new year that can be requested through our Awards System thanks to Antifa Lockhart! Some are limited-time awards so go claim them before they are gone forever...

CLICK HERE FOR AWARDS

Final Fantasy VII Remake Megathread - Intergrade, Rebirth, Reunion and more

REGISTER TO REMOVE ADS

gosoxtim

Silver Member
Awards
Re: Final Fantasy VII REMAKE - "World of the Versus epic"

I think that was something Nomura himself said.

But leaving the drama aside for a bit, does anyone wonder just how similar the Remake's gameplay might be to FFXV or KH?
it might more towards kh gamplay with dissidia thrown in

Last edited:

shuyin_zer0

Awards

So back on KH13, the person who made the FFVII topic said that Nomura not knowing he was director until he saw the trailer was complete bull and thought it was a random quote taken out of context or a marketing ploy to garner sympathy. Then they basically called me a Nomura fanboy who would go to baffling lengths to defend him.

why am I even saying this

This is what I've read. The game was supposedly in development for a year before it's reveal (the Sony presenter himself commented that he wanted to reveal it back in 2014)

Audo

press △ to sora
Awards
Website
archiveofourown.org

from my understanding, the story was true, but people misinterpreted it (aka, people thought it meant that Nomura didn't know he was the director until THAT E3, but in reality it was that he was shown a rough cut of the announcement trailer a long time /before/ E3 where he learned this).

hemmoheikkinen

Dear Kafka
Awards

FFVII´s parody series is back and it`s so fun. Loved how the skipped Fort Condor all together in the newest episode. xD Anybody else watching?

Chaser

Not KHI Site Staff
Staff member
Awards
From the art gallery, via Junshen:

DraEWFO.jpg

neRFJZi.jpg

Chaser

Not KHI Site Staff
Staff member
Awards
Me: Don't get hyped by some random pics from the game.
Also me:
tenor.gif
Unfortunately this is just concept art but it's amazing to think that they are working hard on these actual environments in game!

Plus you can see Aerith in her kitchen :D

VoidGear.

red gay
Awards
Unfortunately this is just concept art but it's amazing to think that they are working hard on these actual environments in game!

Plus you can see Aerith in her kitchen :D

True, but yeah, I can imagine stuff like the pillar to look pretty similar, and it makes me feel a slight bit tingly. It's too early to get hyped, but this game is such a huge chunk of my childhood that it's so damn hard.

Didn't notice Aerith before! I love the warm tones her kitchen gives off in contrast to the green/blue-ish, cold vibe of the rest of it!

Magnus

Silver Member
Awards
It's also resulted in a lot of unfortunate jokes about how the woman is where she belongs, in the kitchen. I really hope Remake Aerith is closer to Crisis Core Aerith than the insufferable Mary Sue she was in the original game.

Chaser

Not KHI Site Staff
Staff member
Awards
Oh I missed those :/. Good thing I did, nothing funny about sexist 'jokes'.

VoidGear.

red gay
Awards
I'm actually humored by people making the effort to pull those "jokes" on every possible occasion like this, because it's really just downright ridiculous, but the jokes still annoy me to no end. I'm not Aerith's biggest fan in the original, and some of her actions and all are super contradictory between "I'm strong and independent" and "somehow I need to fit into the damsel in distress role I'm supposed to be in", but damn, woman in the kitchen jokes? On her? I know it's obnoxious and these people are just trying to be funny (they aren't), but how about they willingly give themselves up to save the stupid planet, after losing their parents and managing to not get caught by the Shinra for the longest time.
I know I'm making her more real than she is, but this just aggravates me.

Scorseselover

I’m hyped to see if they could make the cross dressing moment as humorous. Hopefully get funny reactions from Cloud.

UmbraTsuki

Awards
Wow, it's disappointing to hear people were making jokes like that :/
I'm really excited for this game, and all the concept art is lovely though.

Magnus

Silver Member
Awards
It wouldn't surprise me if the same people who find such jokes funny are the ones who will complain about "SJW's" ruining the game if Tifa's boobs aren't as big as they expected.

On a different note, the image of the president's room at Shinra HQ is really good!

Noir

Bronze Member
Awards
"Hahaha a woman in the kitchen hahahaah"
I hope the people who expect women to cook for them starve or smthn.

Concept Art looks amazing tho!!

Pokie

It's also resulted in a lot of unfortunate jokes about how the woman is where she belongs, in the kitchen.

I thought those "jokes" died eight years ago ?

"Hahaha a woman in the kitchen hahahaah"
I hope the people who expect women to cook for them starve or smthn.

They usually do. Because they end up alone and then complain on Facebook on why they cannot get a GF.
It wouldn't surprise me if the same people who find such jokes funny are the ones who will complain about "SJW's" ruining the game if Tifa's boobs aren't as big as they expected.

Poor Tifa. While her outfit was created for fan-service, it's clear that only some fans "like" her character because of her extra large breasts. Which sucks, because she's a interesting character. Seen some people say that they won't buy the remake if Square downsizes her boobs. It's a whole lot of cringe.

Last edited:

Magnus

Silver Member
Awards
She's definitely the most interesting female character in the game. I really like her Advent Children design. But you know the same people who will complain about the size of her breasts and cry censorship will remain silent if they cut the scene where it's implied that Cloud is sexually assaulted in a jacuzzi by a bunch of gay male bodybuilders.

Sora2016

Silver Member
Awards
She's definitely the most interesting female character in the game. I really like her Advent Children design. But you know the same people who will complain about the size of her breasts and cry censorship will remain silent if they cut the scene where it's implied that Cloud is sexually assaulted in a jacuzzi by a bunch of gay male bodybuilders.

That....sort of does sound like a scene that should maybe be cut as I apparently cut it from my memory already lol? I don't really want implied sexual assault at all as it is, but then in a series as straight as this I am not into rapey gay dudes being like some of the only representation thanks lol.

But yeah I guess I am being hopeful Tifa's breasts will be the size of Advent Children, which was at least humanly possible size lol. Her outfit will clearly still be the more revealing one but yeah.

Back