• Hello everybody! We have tons of new awards for the new year that can be requested through our Awards System thanks to Antifa Lockhart! Some are limited-time awards so go claim them before they are gone forever...

CLICK HERE FOR AWARDS

Are you jumping ship after KH3?

REGISTER TO REMOVE ADS
Status
Not open for further replies.

Shamdeo

skipped leg day
Awards
Website
finalfantasy.net
Re: Are you jumping off ship after KH3?

i hope this is a thread about abandoning 'ships'

because seriously shippers are demented

State

Awards

i hope this is a thread about abandoning 'ships'

because seriously shippers are demented

No, it's actually about abandoning them Gummi ships. :3

raycat27_2003

Awards

I honestly don't know if I'm going to. For starters, I was 10 or 11 years old when the first KH came out. At this point, I'm a 20 year old man, and who the fuck knows when KH III will come out, much less a game AFTER KH III. I really don't see myself being 30 playing a new kingdom hearts game, or at least obsessing about it in the manner that I do at this point. That aside, the newest story-related developments shown in KH 3D have really got me disappointed. If KH III doesn't deliver, as sad as it may be for me personally, I might actually have to jump ship.
I'm pushing that age now and I'm still going to play the games until I die,

Lady-Lee

Awards

I'm not sure if im jumping ship quite yet. Although it depends on how they end this saga.

megatron532

Website
www.youtube.com

If they do something crazy and turn it into KH DDR, then yes, probably. And I'll only be able to leave it if KH III doesn't leave us with a noticeable cliffhanger, because I'll feel like I could accept that as an ending. But overall, I'll stay with it to the very end, just like I did with House and Smallville even those started to get shitty.

It's gonna be weird when KH III is out. Odds are it'll end up being at least a decade between 2 and 3. It'll feel so weird.

The Conquerer

The Bloody Warrior
Awards

I've been off that ship for some years. KH3 is like myth at this point.

Gray Aria

The Misshapen Spark
Awards

As with any series I like, I will keep playing as long as it continues to be good. Unless they keep system-hopping next generation.

snoopthedrew

I'm a pretty loyal fan to the series and all, but I do see fault in the series itself. The story is incredibly convoluted and first time fans don't have a chance at understanding the story. That filler BS like Re:coded (granted an Okay game on the DS) only revealed that sora must release the people dormant in his heart, something Already told to us in Birth by Sleep. I really don't care to go on; haters gotta hate, but I'm a lover XP
Repeating everyone else, if the story doesn't get any better, perhaps maturing with the audience a little more or stop with the multiplatform business that cleans my bank account dry, then I truly don't know.... I love Kingdom Hearts with every bit of my being D'X haha

Lonbilly

an old man plaguing the site like a phantom
Awards

It depends on where the series goes, really. So long as I keep enjoying it I can't imagine I'll ever stop, especially since I'm planning on pursuing a career in the video games and writing, and Kingdom Hearts generally helps stimulate ideas for me. Plus, when it's like Re:coded or BbS the spare time I can spend just doing things after beating the game or even just to casually play makes it keep bringing me back.

I might be tempted to stop and give it a Raven Symoné glare if Marvel ever gets thrown in because, as much as I love my super heroes, I just can't see a good mesh.

That filler BS like Re:coded (granted an Okay game on the DS)

I feel like I'm the only one who has a real love for Re:coded and also holds it at a higher rank among CoM/Re:CoM and KH1. ;-;

Sephiroth0812

Guardian of Light
Awards

I feel like I'm the only one who has a real love for Re:coded and also holds it at a higher rank among CoM/Re:CoM and KH1. ;-;

I wouldn't say the only one, yet it can't be denied that story-wise, Coded is the most lightweight in terms of new revelations.
That doesn't mean Coded has no significance though, as i.e. the subject of the nature of hearts etc. was subtly deepened yet again and it also has an impact on the future as seen now in DDD (Spoilers, therefore no further elaboration. ;)).

Shinjuku

Entrapment

The Conquerer at this point I'm like you imagine how the FF fans feel about Versus XIII and that's the game we're waiting to get finished before KH3 even becomes an idea lol.

It's been 6 years since KH2 if I remember correctly there hasn't been anything said except it will start after Versus is done and it seems like that game has just gone straight to games hell or some ish. So a KH3 release probably won't be for at least 4 or 5 years that's only if Versus comes out this year or next.

Crystal

Silver Member

Depends on what kind of storyline will appear after KH3.

Riku/Sora-Rule

I won't jump off, being that Nomura talks about KH III being the last game of the Xehanort Saga, I think it'd be safe to assume they'd keep it the same formula having one story line take up all of the games that they release under that saga. But I do pray that they do end the series before I die, cuz my final words would probably be "I only wish I could have played the next Kingdom Hearts game, but alas, it won't be released in America for another 2 months." And then die in a room with several screens playing the trailer for every game they released, with a kingdom key replica in my arms lmfao

theirlosthearts

Awards

I will stop playing Kingdom Hearts about ten years after I die. It's strange, but this series has had a huge impact on me and is now an integral part of me. As for whether I will support any next saga, dang straight I will!

iLeen

Awards

Sora will always be the main character, so no to quitting KH :3 I like playing as a carefree boy who swings a giant key around alongside Disney characters. That's what got me into the series in the first place (and the storyline, but I'm pretty sure Nomura won't disappoint in the future)

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back