• Hello everybody! We have tons of new awards for the new year that can be requested through our Awards System thanks to Antifa Lockhart! Some are limited-time awards so go claim them before they are gone forever...

CLICK HERE FOR AWARDS

Lit ► books you regret reading

REGISTER TO REMOVE ADS
Status
Not open for further replies.

blinkboy211

A boy nobody owns
I don't necessary regret reading the Night Angel series, but I will say that the overall story of the 3 books could have been better, had a weak ending in my mind.

Kiba

Ours is the Fury
Awards
The Portrait of Dorian Gray. It bored me to death.

King Sora X

Legendary Member
Awards
I don't necessary regret reading the Night Angel series, but I will say that the overall story of the 3 books could have been better, had a weak ending in my mind.

D:
D:
D:

All I'm going to say is that I completely disagree with you on that one. The night angel trilogy is fantastic.

Taochan

Administrator
Staff member
Awards
Jay's Journal... ugh I'm still asking myself "wtf?"

Theart

Hyped Ruler of Honnouji Academy
Awards
The entire Twilight series. And I only read it so I could talk with my little sister. She seriously wouldn't chat with me until I read EVERY FREAKING BOOK. >:C

Oracle Spockanort

written in the stars
Staff member
Awards
Website
twitter.com
The Portrait of Dorian Gray. It bored me to death.

Seriously? I thought it was funny and morbid and those are my favorite things.

I regret reading Twilight. I never read the books after because I skimmed though them and got the gist of everything going on. I know more about them without reading than my mom does rereading them every moment of the day.

Taochan

Administrator
Staff member
Awards
Seriously? I thought it was funny and morbid and those are my favorite things.

I regret reading Twilight. I never read the books after because I skimmed though them and got the gist of everything going on. I know more about them without reading than my mom does rereading them every moment of the day.
MY mom reads Twilight and I hate the series.

KingdomKey

Queen
Awards
Blue moon by Alyson Noel :(

Ever was good but once it went past that, just kept getting worst from there.

Last edited:

Hopeless

Website
www.jackedupondrpepper.deviantart.com
Martian Chronicles by Ray Bradbury. We read it as a class way back in middle school and it still haunts me.

...Actually now I've been too spoiled by all the great fanfiction on the internet that reading most original stories seem like a waste of time. And the fact that these "original stories" usually seem like Twilight rip-offs...

Arkaria

Twilight.. I did in fact read all of them.. -.- the first one wasn't too bad but after that it just got too WTF.

MomentoMori

Dead Technology
Website
mypage.na.square-enix.com
The Twilight series. That's a week of my life I will never get back.

I forget the title, but I did read a book that was supposed to be about the Titanic. Ironically, the Titanic was hardly ever mentioned in the book; only about 5% of it took place on the ship itself, and the ending was a shitty copout. Not that the writing overall was great anyway, but....

Delsan

Killjoy Hillington
Awards
Eh, I haven't even finished it, but The Kane Chronicles Book I: The Red Pyramid.
It didn't have that addictive feeling like Lightning Thief did, and I've got a good feeling the sequel PJ series is gonna be just like it...

I read The Lost Hero(sequel to the PJ series), and I got to tell you it's AWESOME. Go for it. It's so addictive, its the first 500+ pg book that I finished under a month. Read it twice already. But the only thing I don't like about it is being told in third perspective, unlike the PJ which is first perspective. no spoilers here, but the ending of the book is a cliffhanger.

And on another note, The Kane Chronicles isn't associated with the PJ series in anyway, it's a separate series.

Evello

The Radiant Hero
Awards
The Epic of Gilgamesh

I can't believe that I lost over an hour of my life to that book. More than an hour. I will never get that wasted ~hour back, and now the pathetic excuse for a plot in that book is taking up precious space in my memory. I don't care if it's thousands of years old; if it sucks, it sucks. And it definitely sucks.

I'm still waiting for an explanation from my school for why I had to read it.

Ehres

` dragon dance
Awards
lol might as well rename the thread "twilight sucks i hate it wah".

Pretty sure if you enjoyed the book at the time it doesn't count as a book you regret reading but rather you just jumping on the bandwagon. Originality, please?

Anywayyy. I think I genuinely regret reading The Host. At the time I was very much a fan of Twilight so obviously I read this other title. I'm not sure what to make of it. I think I expected the wonderful dynamic of Edward and Bella's relationship but what I found was hideously drawn-out, though it did show signs of character conflict which was a nice surprise (looking back on it now); back then when I couldn't really give two fluffs about character development because I just wanted to read about ~love~, it really frustrated me - and when Melanie/Wanda (is her name Wanda?) finally met up with Jared (I thiiink that's his name), I really wasn't feeling their relationship at all. The idea for the book was and is great and I love the whole alien aspect of it, but it just wasn't what I was expecting. Because I know how long and watered-down the story is it isn't something I'm going to pick up again any time soon, unfortunately.

Other than that, City of Bones by Cassandra Clare. Really could not fathom for the life of me why people enjoyed it.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back