• Hello everybody! We have tons of new awards for the new year that can be requested through our Awards System thanks to Antifa Lockhart! Some are limited-time awards so go claim them before they are gone forever...

CLICK HERE FOR AWARDS

Final Fantasy XIV

REGISTER TO REMOVE ADS

Max

"There's always money in the banana stand."
Staff member
Awards
Re: Final Fantasy XIV: Heavensward

So, I'm finally getting around to getting a PS4 when the Pro launches in November and, besides the obvious games like Persona 5, Tales Of, FF XV, this little gem is on my radar. I was wondering if anyone had thoughts on it for the console, who might be playing on the PS4? It's been a long time since I played an MMO, but so few games, for me anyway, come out on such a regular basis, I thought this could be a fun game to play when I have downtime.

I LOVE it on the PS4, they really did a fantastic job of making the MMO elements feel smooth on the PS4. The controls Wil take a little getting used to at first, but man, I am honestly very impressed with the great job they did.

Ayu

Do any of you play on Atomos or Ultros? ; ;

Magnus

Silver Member
Awards

[video=youtube;-hwWBLeuz4c]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-hwWBLeuz4c[/video]

shuyin_zer0

Awards

PS3 version is officially being canned. There will be a free upgrade to the PS4 version.

4.0 is officially "Stormblood" and will take place in Ala Mihgo

Max

Staff member
Awards

Unfortunate for PS3 players, but I understand I guess. I'm on PS4 fortunately.

Noir

Bronze Member
Awards

The trailer makes me really want to start playing this again.
I never reached Heavensward though. And it's been a year since I played so I might need to make a new character just to remember everything.

shuyin_zer0

Awards

The trailer makes me really want to start playing this again.
I never reached Heavensward though. And it's been a year since I played so I might need to make a new character just to remember everything.

You won't need to make a new character lol! You can view cutscenes in any inn room!

Noir

Bronze Member
Awards

You won't need to make a new character lol! You can view cutscenes in any inn room!

Oh yeah, I forgot all about that!
I think I'll pick it up and play it for a bit tbh. I really want to job change to a Thief right now.

Max

Staff member
Awards

While that is true, when I went through the final dungeon (like, the original final dungeon), everyone there was just grinding and screaming "SKIP THE CUTSCENES! WATCH THEM IN THE INN ROOM LATER!" So I did skip them, and then it turned out about 75% of the scenes from that dungeon were only viewable in that dungeon, so I had to replay it and have people get pissy with me for sitting through the cutscenes.

As far as my progress, I'm somewhere in the middle of Heavensward. I know if I put my mind to it I could definitely get through in time for Stormblood, but then I don't think I'd be able to play many of the other games I have preordered along the way, sooooo... We'll see.

Noir

Bronze Member
Awards

While that is true, when I went through the final dungeon (like, the original final dungeon), everyone there was just grinding and screaming "SKIP THE CUTSCENES! WATCH THEM IN THE INN ROOM LATER!" So I did skip them, and then it turned out about 75% of the scenes from that dungeon were only viewable in that dungeon, so I had to replay it and have people get pissy with me for sitting through the cutscenes.

As far as my progress, I'm somewhere in the middle of Heavensward. I know if I put my mind to it I could definitely get through in time for Stormblood, but then I don't think I'd be able to play many of the other games I have preordered along the way, sooooo... We'll see.

People who that absolutely suck. FFXIV was one of the games I was surprised to not encounter it as much, but I know it exists somewhere in the game. Guild Wars 2 was another game where I had people get angry if I watched a cutscene. When I told a friend I was upset that I wanted to see the cutscene, he told me how selfish I was being and that I should consider everyone else in the game.

Needless to say we don't speak anymore.

Final Fantasy XIV is a heavily story based MMORPG. I do not want to skip cutscenes vital to the story because some asshole can't wait 2 minutes.

maryadavies

She Shoots for the Stars
Awards
Website
maryadavies.vze.com

With me and the original final dungeon, my FC has a little rule. First time anyone needs to do it, they try to scare up enough people to do it, and they're all to any randoms we have to pick up, "We got someone who has never done this before. If you're going to get pissy about people watching cs's, be pissy in silence and we're not going to be rushing though this. So don't even try to rush this."

So yes, first time I did it, I got to watch the cs's. ^^ With no one being pissy I might add, tho I assume some impatient people might get a little mad about it. But yeah, they can go suck eggs in this instance.

Noir

Bronze Member
Awards

8b48121327a54b76ad961220854f7103.png

I may have bought it and started making characters again. Whoops.

Noir

Bronze Member
Awards
Re: Final Fantasy XIV: Stormblood - Coming early Summer 2017

I really want to play so badly, but I have so much work to do until April. Life is not fair, it appears.

I also realised from the screenshot above my character is Hawke from Dragon Age. Wooo.

Back