• Hello everybody! We have tons of new awards for the new year that can be requested through our Awards System thanks to Antifa Lockhart! Some are limited-time awards so go claim them before they are gone forever...

CLICK HERE FOR AWARDS

I am saying it right now, f**k it!

REGISTER TO REMOVE ADS
Status
Not open for further replies.

leonidus

I have been a fan of the series for 6 long years. As a childhood fan(boy) of Disney and a new fan of FF I enjoyed KH1 with a very warm feeling inside. Since then, the series expanded storywise to heights nobody imagined at the time of KH1. Sure, it was convoluted at many instances, but that was part of the charm. Until Re: Coded came out and the 3D was announced.

I know I am not alone here. These two games are pure examples of profit seeking, you cannot be serious in claiming that they can enhance the story in any significant or mindblowing way to be important. First, in Re: Coded we have a data Sora, who is absolutely NO ONE and is only used to drive this, uh, "story" forward, of which all important things, if any, could have been told in a single cutscene in a KH3. Then, we have 3D in which we AGAIN have a KH1 Sora, a KH1 Riku, yet another jump in Traverse town and, oh, more of this data stuff, which in reality won't even phase the story since, more likely than not, it's only going to be one major test for the Mastery Exam in a parallel world made by Yensid.

Square, why? BBS was good! It would have been THE perfect intro to a KH3, there was no need to go further than that. For chrissakes, must you indulge in the wishes of every 14 year old fanboy who goes all "OMG, KHorz, OLOLOLOL!" for the price of stretching the story and the series much more than needed? There are a lot of us who enjoyed the series even with all it's faults when it expanded rationally. Once it was a straightforward RPG that through a nostalgic Disney charm told an interesting, complex Squareish story. There is no need for this. No need to make a KH game for the sake of making one.

The BBS Final Mix secret ending opened up something that could have been interesting, but it all drowns in the wake of all this other stuff. And all these stories about a new saga after 3... I have no doubt that KH3 will be a big thing, but I would lie if I say I am not sad with the latest developments. So much, I could give up the series completely. Yes, it is only a game. But like many things that stay with you since childhood, it's hard not to be slightly emotionally attached to it.

impart

Climb The Sky
yeah exactly the same with me

once I found out about KH 0.5 and KH 3D that was it

I cant do this anymore

im not going to play any more KH games (with the exception of KH3, witch I will buy used)

and im going to also avoid playing anymore of Nomura's and square's games

I will always love KH1 and will still play it and support it, but only that game

I took my Days/BBS/coded poster down today

its heartwrenching. I loved it so much as a kid, and I grew up loving it, and supporting it. but now I need to be done. I cant take it anymore

KingdomSoul333

Bronze Member
you guys are overdramatic...

i have also been following the series from square one, and while the series has blown completely out of the original ideas, im open to it because it is a game and it cannot have the same dumb story every game, they need to mix it up. and you guys are being to harsh to judge 3D and BBSvol2 because they havent even come out yet...

leonidus

Yes, we may as well be overdramatic.

But I for one am really against the way the series is going into all of these sidestories. Save for BBS, we could have easily been without them. Now it seemes to have branched so much it's hard to keep track of what's going on anymore, even to a fan as myself. And I really ask myself, why are so many things even necessary? You may say: "Oh, those are ALL just side-games, they won't be important to the main thing at all!" Yeah, sure. The same way Chain of Memories had absolutely nothing to do with KH2, yet to understand 2 completely you had to play Chain of Memories. But here we aren't talking about one game this time around. We are talking about a total of 5 games since KH2 that have or will come out before KH3, almost all of them on different handheld consoles. So in order to know 3 as a whole, you will inevitably have to know the stories of all games in a bigger or smaller measure. For most of the people who aren't rich or don't want to spend so much money on games and consoles, that is too much. I especially pity the casual KH player that only played 1 and 2.

Pinwheel

The Origin
Awards
Yeah, I can agree with you, verily, despite being a little overdramatic as said.
I really did like KH1, KH2's announcement blew my mind, Loved COM, BBS was great.
There was ONE game in between 1 and 2's release.
There's been now
Birth By Sleep
Birth By Sleep Volume 2
Re:Coded
Days
3D

Seriously. We don't need all these goddamn spinoffs, and the gigantic spread of systems.

Chakolat Strawberry

caramel delight
Awards
I completely agree with you.
With this really intricate plot, adding more games will make the mess Nomura made even worse. He really should be cleaning up the mess instead of adding to it. The widespread of consoles will eventually make KH lose a portion of its fanbase. I still adore the series, especially since it brings back alot of memories, but I hate the direction it's going in. Having only BBS between the release of KH2 and KH3 would've sufficed. Oh well. square loves dem money

impart

Climb The Sky
yeah

and even of we can watch all the cut scenes and read the plot online, it still doesn't change the fact that they are putting out bad games, whether I play them or not I still need to know whats going on in the story
were wasting our time on them,
wasting our money
wasting our patience

they are making us wait well over 5 years for another main game, and putting out games that in no way match, or improve on the first one

Even if they released all of the side games on only ONE handheld
it would have been much better

also some people cant afford to buy a new $200-$300 handheld every year

everybody deserves the chance to play all of the KH games if they want to. Its unfair to take the opportunity away from kids less fortunate just for money.

its also unfair to the series and the fans to keep putting out games that are less then their best.
we know the games could be better because the first one was so great

Lancelot

It's the only NEET thing to do.
Awards
It is beginning to get a bit ridiculous now, I agree. The whole BBS Volume 2 thing has really thrown the series out of proportion I think, especially considering 3D was supposedly meant to be, quote unquote, "the last game before KH3". To me, KH1, CoM, KH2, BBS and KH3 would have been fine. Days could have been done without, really, and I'm feeling much the same with Coded so far, due to not finishing it as of yet. 3D is already sounding incredibly pointless and much like Coded all over again (the overuse of KH!Sora, in particular). Unless BBS v2 is somehow added into the final product of KH3 (to tie up majority, if not all loose ends), much as Re: CoM was with KH2FM+, then I think a lot of the series' fanbase will really start to see that it's turning into another cash cow.

DiceKiller

hope I don't rust
Then maybe I'm just being too optimistic, but I don't have a problem with all the side games. I haven't hated any one of them, and each of them offered something different that I liked. Besides, taking out all the Final Mixes and "useless" side games would take away some of my favorite music tracks :(

Lancelot

It's the only NEET thing to do.
Awards
I'm not saying I hate them by any means, but in terms of story and whatnot, they generally could have been done without or been covered in some other way (ie BBSv2). Sure, Days had the Multiplayer mode which we hadn't seen before (if you don't count CoM's Game Link Cable connections), but could have been executed in a lot better fashion. Coded's got the Avatar mode, which is making up for a non-NTSC/PAL release of KH Mobile, but all in all, they are things that could have been implimented elsewhere, and in the case of Multiplayer, already has in BBS.

Orion

Prepared To Die
Awards
Cry some more, what do you expect a game-developing company to do? Not seek to make a profit? Jesus.

Delsan

Killjoy Hillington
Awards
quit complaining. No ones forcing you to buy these games.

NotaHero21

Then why dont you guys just not play the side games...bbs was a numbered title so why are you guys pissed about it, and there was only 1 game between it and kh2, and dream drop distance is obviously NOT just a cash in, they are busting ass on that game, revamping the levle design and combats system AGAIN and adding only new worlds. I get that your pissed to have to buy a new system but did you stop to consider the fact that it couldn't exist on any of the current consoles except for one of the big three. Which nomura has said he wants more experience with so he doesn't fuck up kh3 when he makes it on one of the hd consoles... If your done though at least only be done with buying games that aren't kh3, maybe then nomura would stop jerking us around but dont quit the hole series because of greedy marketing. Further more the 3ds should not be bought for kh anyways, you should want that because its hitting with some good shit, an orcarina of time remake in 3d...as well as nintendos greatness with handheld systems should not make you feel angry that you have to buy this console. You should want to buy it anyways.

leonidus

Cry some more, what do you expect a game-developing company to do? Not seek to make a profit? Jesus.

A valid point, yet does it seem logical to you that they would do it by selling products made out of half-baked ideas? If anything, it's moves like these, along with their other questionable moves lately, that makes their company lose credibility and with it the credibility of the series, if it really ever had any. In the long run that works against them.

Delsan

Killjoy Hillington
Awards
dude, stfu. The side games keep us into the series while the main KH team is working on versus. Would you rather have a game every 1-2 years or wait 5 years for the next installment? But I do agree with you on one thing. Putting all these games on different consoles is ridiculous.

DiceKiller

hope I don't rust
Shinkirō;5414505 said:
I'm not saying I hate them by any means, but in terms of story and whatnot, they generally could have been done without or been covered in some other way (ie BBSv2). Sure, Days had the Multiplayer mode which we hadn't seen before (if you don't count CoM's Game Link Cable connections), but could have been executed in a lot better fashion. Coded's got the Avatar mode, which is making up for a non-NTSC/PAL release of KH Mobile, but all in all, they are things that could have been implimented elsewhere, and in the case of Multiplayer, already has in BBS.

The quality of the story is arguable, but other mechanics have to start somewhere, something side games are used to experiment and improve on. It's not like they can get it perfectly right the first time.

A valid point, yet does it seem logical to you that they would do it by selling products made out of half-baked ideas? If anything, it's moves like these, along with their other questionable moves lately, that makes their company lose credibility and with it the credibility of the series, if it really ever had any. In the long run that works against them.

You would be right if the ideas were as half-baked as you make them out to be.

Flickr

Trying.
to.
make.
money.

Settle down, guys.
KH fans with stay with it 'til the end. Call me stupid, but I'll do it. Doesn't necessarily mean I'm going to buy every system, but I'm going to watch the cutscenes on youtube, read the wiki and do whatever. I love KH and I'll always love it until the story eventually ends.

leonidus

dude, stfu. The side games keep us into the series while the main KH team is working on versus. Would you rather have a game every 1-2 years or wait 5 years for the next installment? But I do agree with you on one thing. Putting all these games on different consoles is ridiculous.

Now, what have I said to strike a nerve on you ven boy? I am only stating my opinion, whether you or anyone else think it sucks or not, and whether or not it has grounds. Believe it or not, not everyone thinks the same as you. If you disagree with people by telling them to shut up, then you don't contribute to the conversation, you enforce your opinion. And nobody likes that.

To answer your question, I would pick option number two if it means getting one great game. Sometimes, less is more.

@DiceKiller: That would be my honest opinion on the stories of Days and Re: Coded. If you like them, then by all means enjoy them. I didn't. And many people I talked to feel the same way.

NotaHero21

But those two games were side games, you said nothing about them though. Instead you bitched about BBS which is KH0 and dream drop distance which is ultimately bringing a revolution to the prior game play found in the other KH titles...

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back