• Hello everybody! We have tons of new awards for the new year that can be requested through our Awards System thanks to Antifa Lockhart! Some are limited-time awards so go claim them before they are gone forever...

CLICK HERE FOR AWARDS

I am saying it right now, f**k it!

REGISTER TO REMOVE ADS
Status
Not open for further replies.

impart

Climb The Sky
speaking of.

how long have they been working on Versus XIII?

a long time right? development started in 2003

NotaHero21

The reason why we don't have kh3 yet is because the team is working on a final fantasy game. once that is done, kh3 will go into development. I bet if square and Nomura didn't come out with these games between kh2 and kh3, you guys would be mad at square for not releasing a kh games for 5+ years. I do agree that re:coded's plot could have been summed up in one or two cutscenes, but I liked re:coded. Now I'm hoping that I don't have to buy a psp2 for bbs vol. 2.

This is my biggest dread, because given the coice between the two there is just no way i'd go with the psp2

Delsan

Killjoy Hillington
Awards
Exactly. Have it released on the 3DS like KH3D is, but if they put v2 on PSP2 I will not buy it. Fuck HD.

Relix

A traveler
Awards
And Nomura said a LONG time ago that we were going to have another mystery game besides 3D and ReCoded, so I don't see why some people are so shocked by it.

Only thing that really shocked me was the name and how it was revealed...I mean, who the hell was expecting a sequel to BBS?

Nomura may think otherwise. I figure that to him, a game is a game. Which means this year is BBS FM for Japan, and the next few years will be for 3D, BBS V2, and KH3.

So you're saying you don't want BBSv2 to come out sooner?

Chuman

Dad of Boy
Awards
I understand that you are mad, but they are trying to expand, Kingdom Hearts is one the best game series ever made, and if they did not expand the story by adding these "useless" plot points, then they would have to stop making it, seeing how Kingdom Hearts is one of Square Enix's three main money makers. But you are slightly overreacting. You have to understand that they are only trying to make money, some people do much worse to make money so calm down, alright? I agree with you in some points but the Kingdom Hearts series is still amazing, if you love the game play but dislike the story, than skip all of the cut-scenes, i know someone who plays video games just for the game play and skips the story, so just do that. But if your just sick of all the extra games that they are making, just stop playing. But i suppose that you were already planning on doing that in the first place. Goodbye, i hope you make up your mind soon and realize that Kingdom Hearts is an amazing game series and you can look past all of its faults for the wonderful and creative thing that it really is. But it is just a video game, so their is no need to get so worked up about it. Their are much worse things to worry about than a video game. No matter how amazing and wonderful it is.

Walkway

Square and N-dog love me.
They give me a new game for a series I like every year instead of making me want 6 years without a new one.
They're pretty good to their fans.

What's not to like about that? The plot is complex?

NotaHero21

Square and N-dog love me.
They give me a new game for a series I like every year instead of making me want 6 years without a new one.
They're pretty good to their fans.

What's not to like about that? The plot is complex?

People just hating because they cant buy every console the games come out for

Professor Ven

The Tin Man
Awards
Either purchase the 'damned game and the console for it, or read on it later. No need to inflict your little worries of 'not being able to purchase a console;' Square wants monies, and you can be sure as hell Disney's in for the ride as well for that moolah. Point out why you should hate the Kingdom Hearts franchise solely because they're pushing out all these side-games for it, which will either (hopefully) close elongated plot threads or leave ones even more convoluted, when you have the choice of shilling out a chunk of money for one plus the console, or not bothering to.

It's a slightly clever marketing strategy, but I never bought CoM, Re:CoM, or Days. I only own KH I, II, and BBS. Not planning on purchasing until III, but even then, it doesn't keep me from enjoying a game series I've played since childhood. Go QQ somewhere else, please, because instead of hating Nomura, Disney, and Square for releasing these side-games on other consoles, you could might as well just despise yourself for being so complain-tive of all the purchases you made in order to play the entire series (which you don't have to do, in order to find out about it all, you know), and get on with life.

It's just a video-game, despite all the childhood memories some of us may have of it.

Decrith

But you dont HAVE to buy anything, I got my psp for bbs, gow, dissidia and a hole bunch of other game, if your buying the system for one game you will be dissapointed

What I'm trying to say is, you won't be able to play the whole series because they put it in different consoles. When I played KH2 I was annoyed because they put CoM in GBA and ended up asking a lot of things about the game.

I donno, I just wish they'd put the extreme spin-offs (the games that you can completely ignore) in different consoles, and put the ones with a significant story behind it in one or two console. And seeing as the games ALL have something significant in them, I want them in PS2 or PS3.

Professor Ven

The Tin Man
Awards
What I'm trying to say is, you won't be able to play the whole series because they put it in different consoles. When I played KH2 I was annoyed because they put CoM in GBA and ended up asking a lot of things about the game.

Nothing that the Kingdom Hearts Wiki or such informative areas of the Internet couldn't have answered for you.

Decrith

Nothing that the Kingdom Hearts Wiki or such informative areas of the Internet couldn't have answered for you.

yeah I know, but I'd rather live/play it rather than read it.

Anyway, I just hope I can find more games I'd like for the DS, I only bought mine because of days & re:coded (which I haven't even bought yet)

Taochan

Administrator
Staff member
Awards
If you think it's not worth it to continue with the series that's completely fine. I however, would rather have all of these side games than have nothing and am grateful that Nomura hasn't forgotten about his fans.

D.D.D

Stuffed in a sack and being thrown through a magic
Man, we've been getting as many "I'm sick of KH!" threads as spinoff games lately.
Yeah, I'm a little weary of the KH storyline now, but I trust Nomura to blow my mind with KH epicness by the end of KH3. I'm not going to hype the game up, though. KH3 could be horrible. KH3 could be great. It could be as bad as a Hannah Montana game. It could be the next best thing since sliced bread and Leonard Nimoy.
And even if the third game does suck and the next saga is facepalm-worthy, I'm going to be happy with it, because I can say I was one of the loyal fans of the series AND stuck by it until its very last original, creative breath was released. I have high hopes for the future of KH. If you were a loyal fan, you would, too. Sure, so-called "spinoffs" (which are really short, little clippets of the story that we just haven't seen yet, A.K.A, side stories), do get a little frustrating. But just think for a sec- What if we had received NO KH info/games for these past six years? Everyone would be mad at that, too.
Just accept this series as it comes (and no one better say 'that's what she said'). Just remember, no one FORCED you to follow the games thus far. Sure, you didn't know that you'd be spoonfed a mix of plot holes and weird twists and turns, but isn't that what makes all of us KH fans get excited? Wouldn't be boring just to have KH2, then have no games inbetween, then have KH3 Sora saying, "La-dee-dah! Meh work here is done! I helped everyone out that I needed to help and I'm gonna go back to Destiny Islands and chill with my friends and there is nothing more to my story and then I'm going to invite Riku over to my house and then we're going to-"
No, I'm sure you wouldn't. So please stop ripping on Nomura and his ideas. I know other members have screamed at you to just wait, and I'm going to yell at you, too. Jesus, the man takes time away from his own kids and wife just to churn out these games while we wait for KH3, just because he knows that his fans have the patience of a five-year-old.
*Ahem*. I'm preparing to be flamed now.

Pinwheel

The Origin
Awards
There's a difference between being a loyal fan and delusional, you know.

Maxyli138

What's with all the hate? If you don't like the side games, don't play them! If you can't afford the games, read about them online or watch them on youtube. I personally enjoy all the games because hey, they're video games. Meant to be played and enjoyed. It's true the story is kind of going downhill, but they've gotta make money somehow. Supply and demand. Simple enough.

theFUwonderer

Honestly, a psp and ps2 is the only thing anyone needed to buy for KH. For all else, THERES EMULATORS!!!

loke13

Waiting on FF XV and KH3 :D
Shinkirō;5414482 said:
It is beginning to get a bit ridiculous now, I agree. The whole BBS Volume 2 thing has really thrown the series out of proportion I think, especially considering 3D was supposedly meant to be, quote unquote, "the last game before KH3".
That was never said, what was mentioned is that KH3D leads into KH3. We knew since the BBS Ultimania that we had two KH games to go before KH3 was released then KH3D was announced. Then RE:coded was announce people assumed that this was the mystery game Nomura talked about. They were wrong.

Nomura explained that RE:Coded was not apart of the two-game plan he had cooked up. So I find it strange people are bawling there eyes out when something like BBSv2 comes people come along yelling "NOMURA HOW COULD YOU DO THIS TOO US GIVE US KH3 ALREADY!!!!" We we knew for the better part of a year that we would have two new games coming (well 3 if you count Coded) and even since E3 that one would be on the 3DS.
Shinkirō;5414482 said:
Days could have been done without, really, and I'm feeling much the same with Coded so far, due to not finishing it as of yet. 3D is already sounding incredibly pointless and much like Coded all over again (the overuse of KH!Sora, in particular).
I am of the mind to agree with you about Days and Coded since I personally think we could do without them but by Nomura's own admission KH3D sets up the stage for KH3 much the same way COM does so I think that would sorta eliminate the moniker of being pointless and not to mention 3D is supposed "change how we thought KH3 would play out." So I would say it very necessary for understanding the plot to KH3. KH3D is effectively a main game all by itself.
Shinkirō;5414482 said:
Unless BBS v2 is somehow added into the final product of KH3 (to tie up majority, if not all loose ends), much as Re: CoM was with KH2FM+, then I think a lot of the series' fanbase will really start to see that it's turning into another cash cow.
I don't think so Nomura had the plan for two games that lead into KH3 for awhile know and I believe that BBSv2 is the one that "puts the series into perspective" so whatever he plot to the games are you can bet that compliment and lead into KH3.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back