• Hello everybody! We have tons of new awards for the new year that can be requested through our Awards System thanks to Antifa Lockhart! Some are limited-time awards so go claim them before they are gone forever...

CLICK HERE FOR AWARDS

I am saying it right now, f**k it!

REGISTER TO REMOVE ADS
Status
Not open for further replies.

Jelai

Website
space-paranoids.tumblr.com
You're not forced to buy consoles for the side games. You can always just read what it's about on the wiki if you really want to know.

There's also the option of watching someone's walk/play-through of the games on YouTube. That's what I did for Days. I'm glad I did it; it sure saved a lot of time watching some boring battles and instead went straight-to-the-point with the cut scenes, haha. Although Days was still too boring for me to completely finish watching all of the play-throughs.

Honestly, a psp and ps2 is the only thing anyone needed to buy for KH. For all else, THERES EMULATORS!!!

...And then there's this as well. Seriously, if you don't have like some personal problem with downloading games for free and playing them on an emulator, then you don't need to blow a ton of money on Nintendo consoles. Everyone's got access to a computer. Heck you can even make the damn emulator portable via your laptop or netbook. I can play these games on my super small netbook while I eat lunch and wait for my next university class. Although sometimes I prefer to just know about the damn game's entiretry via watching someone else's play-through of it on YouTube in order to save up on the headache. But if Dream Drop Distance is hardly anything like Days (and so far, so good~), then I'm going to download the game and play it on an emulator. Emulators for the 3DS should be rolling around soon in the near future.

If you edit your post this way... it almost sounds like a breakup. :)

On a more serious note: the title got me excited but failed to deliver. It's like a bad spinoff of other threads full of fans complaining about the series and how it's losing its magic. ;)

. . .
Seriously though - vote with your wallet. Square Enix is a game company and is trying to make a profit. If they weren't looking to make a profit they would most likely not be around too long. If people don't buy spinoff games they'd probably stop working on them.

The way that Square-Enix is going around and making profits is terrible, IMO. I understand that they want to increase the sales of all of these consoles, but to have a solid fanbase force it to buy a certain video game series on so many different consoles would cause the fanbase to dwindle. S-E is more likely to get financially hit from a dwindling fanbase than from dwindling console sales, since the fanbase makes up the bulk of Squeenix's money. Only a few hardcore fans even have the damn cash to spend on all these new consoles. I mean if Squeenix wanted to increase console sales, then they should have picked on various video games than on a video game whose story is one that should be told on only one console.

Last edited:

Vanitas666

I choose the Middle Path
Awards
Website
www.youtube.com
I have been a fan of the series for 6 long years. As a childhood fan(boy) of Disney and a new fan of FF I enjoyed KH1 with a very warm feeling inside. Since then, the series expanded storywise to heights nobody imagined at the time of KH1. Sure, it was convoluted at many instances, but that was part of the charm. Until Re: Coded came out and the 3D was announced.

I know I am not alone here. These two games are pure examples of profit seeking, you cannot be serious in claiming that they can enhance the story in any significant or mindblowing way to be important. First, in Re: Coded we have a data Sora, who is absolutely NO ONE and is only used to drive this, uh, "story" forward, of which all important things, if any, could have been told in a single cutscene in a KH3. Then, we have 3D in which we AGAIN have a KH1 Sora, a KH1 Riku, yet another jump in Traverse town and, oh, more of this data stuff, which in reality won't even phase the story since, more likely than not, it's only going to be one major test for the Mastery Exam in a parallel world made by Yensid.

Square, why? BBS was good! It would have been THE perfect intro to a KH3, there was no need to go further than that. For chrissakes, must you indulge in the wishes of every 14 year old fanboy who goes all "OMG, KHorz, OLOLOLOL!" for the price of stretching the story and the series much more than needed? There are a lot of us who enjoyed the series even with all it's faults when it expanded rationally. Once it was a straightforward RPG that through a nostalgic Disney charm told an interesting, complex Squareish story. There is no need for this. No need to make a KH game for the sake of making one.

The BBS Final Mix secret ending opened up something that could have been interesting, but it all drowns in the wake of all this other stuff. And all these stories about a new saga after 3... I have no doubt that KH3 will be a big thing, but I would lie if I say I am not sad with the latest developments. So much, I could give up the series completely. Yes, it is only a game. But like many things that stay with you since childhood, it's hard not to be slightly emotionally attached to it.

CoM was also very unnecessary and days didn't give ous a shit. I still love all the games but why didn't you mension those?

If you think it's not worth it to continue with the series that's completely fine. I however, would rather have all of these side games than have nothing and am grateful that Nomura hasn't forgotten about his fans.
But just think for a sec- What if we had received NO KH info/games for these past six years? Everyone would be mad at that, too.

agree with these

jdeib963

Cry much? I think all these stories needed to be told even coded was awesome imho. I loved every minute of every game (even days i dont hate, just dont like ALOT) i got BBSFM it was great and now i cant wait to play these new ones. Im a fan i always will be im gonna see this through till KH3

XIII Heartless

Head Mom In Charge
Awards
Website
profile.myspace.com
yeah exactly the same with me

once I found out about KH 0.5 and KH 3D that was it

I cant do this anymore

im not going to play any more KH games (with the exception of KH3, witch I will buy used)

and im going to also avoid playing anymore of Nomura's and square's games

I will always love KH1 and will still play it and support it, but only that game

I took my Days/BBS/coded poster down today

its heartwrenching. I loved it so much as a kid, and I grew up loving it, and supporting it. but now I need to be done. I cant take it anymore

I understand not liking the way things are going with the series, and you have no idea how much I empathize with being attached to something you loved as a child.....but you guys are being WAY too dramatic. "I can't take it anymore"...."I'm done"......the fuck?

_EX

ShadowSoldier V2.0
First, in Re: Coded we have a data Sora, who is absolutely NO ONE and is only used to drive this, uh, "story" forward, of which all important things, if any, could have been told in a single cutscene in a KH3.

Or, they could just put KH3 as a single cutscene in KH4! But make KH4 actually just a cutscene of KH5!
Good idea. That is what people enjoy, entire games summarised in a single cutscene.

That would be a pretty trippy cutscene. Just casually dropping that there was this adventure with data sora and all this information was discovered.
That would leave a lot to be desired.

I think that if they were prepared to add these events to the story, they would need to put it in an extra game.

siegleeagle

I never understood saying over the top things over a video game. Kingdom Hearts is my favorite game series to date and I love the way its going. I'm not saying other people disliking it is wrong, what im saying is that if you can feel great anger because you can't play a video game is stupid. Video games consist of a big portion of my life but there is no use getting butthurt over something like this.

Smile

Codename: D
Awards
Website
www.fanfiction.net
I think that if they were prepared to add these events to the story, they would need to put it in an extra game.

I agree with this for the most part. So long as they can provide at least entertainment if not all around story-relations (I found the BBS Disney worlds to be lacking, as plot-oriented as the game as a whole was), there shouldn't be a problem with another game.

Meh. So far I really don't mind the cash-cowness. KH1? <3 oh gods. CoM/Re:CoM? Bear my children. KH2 was a let down, yes, but what came after it made it up for me.
Overall I have to admit I'm not too confident in the series, but Re:Coded actually raised my hopes up. If this is what's in store for me, I don't mind another game or two so long as it's fun.
Though I should hope the next game at least has Sora and Riku mentally post-KH2 if not also physically. Otherwise even a huge fan like me will grow weary of those two and that'll be just sad.

Memory Master

Gold Member
Awards
I gotta agree to an extent with this. The story has gotten a little too complex and expanded. I think in all honesty Square could have just done this:

1. KH1
2. Chain of Memories
3. KH2
4. KH: Deep Dive (a renamed version of 358/2 Days since the game never really had 358 playable days. And they needed to have a Roxas story mode and a Riku story mode to cover what both of them were doing in that year.)

5. Kingdom Hearts Zero (Renamed version of BBS, in truth this is really the proper name of BBS. Seriously they should have just called it KH0. It was a main game and it had little to do with "Birth By Sleep" anyways. If they would have called KH0 to begin with then people would have known all along it was the next main installement of the series and they may not have been as impatient for KH3 since they would have understood that BBS wasn't a side game)

6. KH: Reconnect (As the name suggest, it's a game that connects everything in the series so far before leading into KH3. This game should have been a combination of Re:Coded, KH3D, and should have had revealed the story of Mickey's dark realm adventure and Riku's periods of absence in KH1 and KH2 in cutscenes, as well as anything people needed to know about the 9 year gap between KH0 and KH1. and then lead into KH3)

If they had done this then Deep Dive, KH0, and KH: Reconnect would have been released by now and if they were smart they would have announced KH3 and shown a beta trailer at the 1st production event to appease the fans until they can really get started on KH3. Or at least they should have announced KH0 and Deep Dive back in 2007 and then announced KH: Reconnect and KH3 together at the first production thing.

If they had done something like this then they could have covered the entire story like they wanted to and then fans would be much happier I think.

captain

Bronze Member
I am saying it right now, f**k you!

seriously, it's a forum about Kingdom Hearts games; if you don't like the games, don't buy them, don't play them and please stfu
I know I cannot be the only person who is tired of hearing the complaints: too many systems, too many games! so what? if you like the games, you should like playing more of them.. and most people upgrade to new systems anyway, that's the way it works.. KH wasn't just gonna stay on PS2 forever, that's like complaining Mario & Zelda aren't still on NES

Memory Master

Gold Member
Awards
I am saying it right now, f**k you!

seriously, it's a forum about Kingdom Hearts games; if you don't like the games, don't buy them, don't play them and please stfu
I know I cannot be the only person who is tired of hearing the complaints: too many systems, too many games! so what? if you like the games, you should like playing more of them.. and most people upgrade to new systems anyway, that's the way it works.. KH wasn't just gonna stay on PS2 forever, that's like complaining Mario & Zelda aren't still on NES

You need to understand something. Not every complaint about the game is bad. Every game series, every book, every everything can always use some complaints, this allows the company to imrpove it's games so they can make better ones in the future.

Like with what I stated in my post above, it wasn't negative at all. It was simply pointing out the fact that the story is getting to a point where they may lose some fans and thus some profit off of the games. Now I don't think that observation was negative, I think it was simply pointing out that there is no need for there to be games that wont impact the series much such as Re:Coded.

Re:Coded is a good example. Look Re:Coded was fun and all and it's gameplay was very fun. But was there really a need to make a game based off of finding a message in a journal? No. They could have figured out the message as part of the story in another game like KH3D and they could have implemented some of Re:Coded's gameplay in KH3D.

Again with BBS2, it seems to connect the series together but honestly that could have been put in KH3D too.

So really take the connection stuff of BBS2, some of the gameplay and the message thing in Re:Coded, and combine them in KH3D and call the game "KH: Re:Connect" that would have been a better idea, it's less expensive for the fans and it will keep the interested in the series while also covering the whole story that Nomura wants to cover, and in the end it means fans will keep buying the games.

metrifyx

Memory Master, that's brilliant. I know I shouldn't dwell on it, but why couldn't it have been like that? Haha, well at least we're getting games.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back