• Hello everybody! We have tons of new awards for the new year that can be requested through our Awards System thanks to Antifa Lockhart! Some are limited-time awards so go claim them before they are gone forever...

CLICK HERE FOR AWARDS

I am saying it right now, f**k it!

REGISTER TO REMOVE ADS
Status
Not open for further replies.

leonidus

Oh dear... If you look at my first post again you would see I liked BBS. And I did mention Re: Coded. Also, I never put the emphasis of the discussion on the gameplay, but on the story. So I don't see why mention the DDD gameplay at all.

Wehrmacht

cameo lover
Awards
Would you rather have a game every 1-2 years or wait 5 years for the next installment?

I'd rather wait a few years for an excellent game rather than get a mediocre installment every year. Not that I necessarily hated BBS (for just one example), but the spirit of the idea is something I disagree with.

DiceKiller

hope I don't rust
Oh dear... If you look at my first post again you would see I liked BBS. And I did mention Re: Coded. Also, I never put the emphasis of the discussion on the gameplay, but on the story. So I don't see why mention the DDD gameplay at all.

Ummm, because gameplay is pretty important in a game? But, it's just a game about a pretty major exam so who cares? Also, I don't know how much story you expect from a game originally on a cell phone that was remade, and thankfully gave other countries the opportunity to play it.

impart

Climb The Sky
lol yeah im one of the few here that didnt like BBS ether
gameplay was fun, not denying that.
but the story was a little bit bad IMO and the characters needed serious work

I liked COM for the script, but im not saying its a good game for it

the only one I thought was good was KH1

KingdomHearts530

Guys can we calm down it abit! Theres no need to be fighting everyone has their own options!
Anyway I totally hated Days(the same thing happened over and over again and I hated Xion) and was OK I guess Recoded ( A bit boring I must say)
BBS has probably been one of the best spin offs. It had great game play and story line. 3DS seems good too, It looks good game play wise.
W

Roxas and Xion

I agree that there are many kh in many systems and coded could have been a cutscene, but like someone has already said, it's all about money. I personally love days cuz was my second kh game (my first was com), althuogh it could be better in many ways, and I still haven't played KH and KH2, I saw them on youtube, and I think they are great.
BBS2 sounds a good thing, as 3D sounds too, and we must wait a few months to see if they worth cuz say that both of them aren't good and are a waste is just too soon. We don't know nothing about them at all, although use kh1 sora and riku again is a big shit in my face. Again, Square is spreading too much KH, they shouldn't, I palyed bbs cuz I borrow it.

sorry for my english.

Sign

trapped in revamp hell
Staff member
Awards
Guys can we calm down it abit! Theres no need to be fighting everyone has their own options!

By any chance, is "opinions" the word you meant to say?

Anyway I totally hated Days(the same thing happened over and over again and I hated Xion) and was OK I guess Recoded ( A bit boring I must say)
BBS has probably been one of the best spin offs. It had great game play and story line. 3DS seems good too, It looks good game play wise.
W

BBS is a main game, and so is 3D.

leonidus

Ummm, because gameplay is pretty important in a game? But, it's just a game about a pretty major exam so who cares? Also, I don't know how much story you expect from a game originally on a cell phone that was remade, and thankfully gave other countries the opportunity to play it.

If there is one thing we can all agree on is that all of the games have great gameplay. Again, that was never the point of this discussion. It was mainly on the story segment of the series and how the direction of that story went, again in my opinion, in strange waters. Of course gameplay is a high point in a game. But if at one point you slash endless hordes of enemies or acrobatically jump from one building to another without really getting to the well thought point of why you are doing so, then we are talking about a pure action game in which a story is just an excuse to kill stuff. Maybe I haven't been following KH that well, but I do think a story is quite a big part of it as well. And I do think that very part is on very weak ground lately that won't last much longer if too many things get more piled up than sorted out.

Last edited:

Roxas and Xion

exactly, 3D must has a good storie like BBs, although in some parts a find it boring, like was too much repititive, I mean, they didn't changed the scenario at all for TVA

Beyer

Although I do agree that the story is getting a little messy, I don't really mind it. I am still enjoying the plot despite it's structure flaws.

My main gripe with this thread is that I have seen so many of them before. A fan who is annoyed at the lack of KH3 and is telling everyone that they give up. I am not saying your annoyance and anger is unjustified, just that I have seen it all before and getting a little tired of it. I would like to say 'shut up and accept things for the way they are' but you do have a right to speak your opinions, especially on a forum so...yeah.

Carry on :)

DiceKiller

hope I don't rust
If there is one thing we can all agree on is that all of the games have great gameplay. Again, that was never the point of this discussion. It was mainly on the story segment of the series and how the direction of that story went, again in my opinion, in strange waters. Of course gameplay is a high point in a game. But if at one point you slash endless hoards of enemies or acrobatically jump from one building to another without really getting to the well thought point of why you are doing so, then we are talking about a pure action game in which a story is just an excuse to kill stuff. Maybe I haven't been following KH that well, but I do think a story is quite a big part of it as well. And I do think that very part is on very weak ground lately that won't last much longer if too many things get more piled up than sorted out.

The point of these games however, is not really to provide a standalone story. They are all meant to help build up to the (hopefully) great story of KH3. I guess you could skip all the side games, but like I said before, they're kinda needed to help improve on different mechanics like multiplayer or the battle system. So why not give that game a story at the same time? It may not offer a lot, but that doesn't mean it's bad quality.

leonidus

My main gripe with this thread is that I have seen so many of them before. A fan who is annoyed at the lack of KH3 and is telling everyone that they give up.

If you think this was the general idea, then I apologise since it was never meant to be that way. Perhaps my first post venting went a tad overboard, but I do stand by my opinion and as such don't force it down at you, nor want you to "give up." I am sharing what I dislike, the same way many posters in many threads did the same for their likes and dislikes. After all, this is a KH forum, it is meant to be a discussion spot of all kinds.

The point of these games however, is not really to provide a standalone story. They are all meant to help build up to the (hopefully) great story of KH3. I guess you could skip all the side games, but like I said before, they're kinda needed to help improve on different mechanics like multiplayer or the battle system. So why not give that game a story at the same time? It may not offer a lot, but that doesn't mean it's bad quality.

Well, if this indeed the idea Nomura has in mind, then I hope he is successful. But in that case, I hope he references those same games (BBS excluded) in KH3 as little as possible so us uninterested or unable to play them won't suffer much because of it.

Last edited:

Roxas and Xion

Indeed, recoded is quite a waste, but have a "dream sora" or whatever is just idiot. How's hard to use KH2 sora and co.? They will repeat coded, but with a good story and gameplay and worlds... okay, they won't really repeat coded, but still idiot.
sorry for my english.

Anti_Terra122

same with you. i probably never get that same feeling like i did when i first play KH1. it just kills me to see my favorite series going downhill but hell in the end it may turn out good so im going stick with it until it really gets wild.

Roxas and Xion

I really don't think this many games are killing KH or their stories, these many systems, sure, but the games, no. They kind help the plot and stuffs like that.

does anyone knows what is going to happen in 27th? I see this date everytime and I don't know anything about it.

Last edited:

Cheaken

Awards
same with you. i probably never get that same feeling like i did when i first play KH1. it just kills me to see my favorite series going downhill but hell in the end it may turn out good so im going stick with it until it really gets wild.
I for one think KH1 was mediocre, and though none of the games have been that great, I think the series is improving, little by little. And I don't think it's going downhill.

Raz

i'm nobody
Staff member
Awards
Both 3D and BBSv2 don't sound all that re-hashy to me. Both come across as relatively original and fun. If Square announced two games on the same level as Re:coded and Days (boring, stale) I'd be a bit upset, but I'm not complaining with these two. However, if BBSv2 ends up on the PSP2 I think I'm going to pass. I can't afford all of these systems.

Cheaken

Awards
Both 3D and BBSv2 don't sound all that re-hashy to me. Both come across as relatively original and fun. If Square announced two games on the same level as Re:coded and Days (boring, stale) I'd be a bit upset, but I'm not complaining with these two. However, if BBSv2 ends up on the PSP2 I think I'm going to pass. I can't afford all of these systems.
I really hope BBSv2 will be on the original PSP because I know I won't be able to get a PSP2.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back