• Hello everybody! We have tons of new awards for the new year that can be requested through our Awards System thanks to Antifa Lockhart! Some are limited-time awards so go claim them before they are gone forever...

CLICK HERE FOR AWARDS

Non-sexual?

REGISTER TO REMOVE ADS
Status
Not open for further replies.

Prajna

So I was thinking to myself one day, could someone not be physically attracted to either gender...or animals, but that should go without saying.

Anyways. This has to be real doesn't it, or am I just f**ked?

A "non-sexual" would probably be the best way to classify such a person. I don't want people to take this as a joke either, this was seriously a legitimate thought I had and it's not like the person wouldn't have genitals but just incapable of being aroused, attracted, horny, or anything like that towards another person or thing.

What does anyone else think?

Prajna

Someone who is neither attracted to either gender is reffered to as asexual

Whoops, my bad you're right. I always though asexuality was being able to produce by one's self and nothing else, damn I feel like an idiot.

Jozi

Du-dun-dananana Calibrations!
Whoops, my bad you're right. I always though asexuality was being able to produce by one's self and nothing else, damn I feel like an idiot.

Well Asexual Divisional Reproduction could count. Which is a cell that reproduces on its own.

Ehres

` dragon dance
Awards
There's nothing wrong with asexuality. I'm asexual. I'm not attracted to people, and that's that. Nothing you can do about it.

It doesn't mean you can't fall in love. Falling in love is based on how well you get along with someone, how you feel about them as a person, etc. Doesn't mean you have to be sexually attracted to them.

Raiton Kensei

Peace through Violence
Awards
It was a whole hour long special on like discovery channel or history channel (some channel like that) about couples that were asexual. They looked happier than couples that have sex. And their was one woman that was asexual cause she liked being by herself and didnt have the need for any sexual experience and there was a man that said that he was attracted to other men but because he was raised to view homosexuality as a sin he chose to be asexual to prevent himself from sinning. So asexuality isnt that odd of a thing.

Hidden

A boy named Crow
Awards
Website
www.freewebs.com
To love and be loved has never ever been a human survival instinct.
I would disagree. It seems to me one of the most basic human needs. However, as you point out, it is distinct from another basic human need, that of sexual procreation.

I was not aware until fairly recently that asexuality could be used to describe a sexual orientation (or lack thereof). I, like Prajna, associated it only with asexual reproduction.

Orion

Prepared To Die
Awards
You have to be attracted to something or someone!
Not really. Love is counter-productive to survival, since if you settle with one person, you have to wait at least nine months to mate again. If people wanted to survive way back when, they didn't fall in love, but mated with every woman they could.

Xammag

I would disagree. It seems to me one of the most basic human needs. However, as you point out, it is distinct from another basic human need, that of sexual procreation.

I was not aware until fairly recently that asexuality could be used to describe a sexual orientation (or lack thereof). I, like Prajna, associated it only with asexual reproduction.

It is a basic human need. It's not needed to survive, though. As many have already stated.

Taylor

Gold Member
Awards
You can be sexually attracted to literally anything.

Hormones just say humans look nice for your penne

The Conquerer

The Bloody Warrior
Awards
Probably a lot more common than most people think. I think it is purely psychological. Not stating it as fact though.

Solar

nothing ever ends
Awards
Website
www.youtube.com
Sometimes it is purely in the mind, though genuine asexuality has something to do with one's hormones

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back