• Hello everybody! We have tons of new awards for the new year that can be requested through our Awards System thanks to Antifa Lockhart! Some are limited-time awards so go claim them before they are gone forever...

CLICK HERE FOR AWARDS

Once Upon A Time - "The evilest heart of all"

REGISTER TO REMOVE ADS
Status
Not open for further replies.

Chaser

Not KHI Site Staff
Staff member
Awards
Well that was a pretty mediocre fall finale. Usually this is where their best episodes come out (although nothing will top season 3's fall finale).

I am laughing that hell is just Storybrooke with a red colour grade. That's so lazy, I was really looking forward to the underworld from Hercules

Elysium

Be Wiser Than the Serpent
Awards
I've felt Rumple was irredeemable since the episode Cora died. He's just vile, never repentant, and the only arc I've ever liked him in was 3B and 4B, when he was Zelena's b****.

I enjoyed the episode myself and I'm excited about
Spoiler Spoiler Show
. The preview looked amazing.

Sora2016

Silver Member
Awards
Well that was a pretty mediocre fall finale. Usually this is where their best episodes come out (although nothing will top season 3's fall finale).

I am laughing that hell is just Storybrooke with a red colour grade. That's so lazy, I was really looking forward to the underworld from Hercules

Hm, I guess I usually find the season finale's better so it wasn't so surprising to me. But this one was a bit lesser, just compared to last years even which I quite liked.

And yeah I too find it annoyingly amusing that the Underworld is just red Storybrooke lol. I am also more confused now though, exactly how they will be handling all of this. Like...will they flash back to the Underworld and skip forward again to regular Storybooke? It feels like there is too much open in regular Storybooke to just ignore it for too long but...I dunno.

LightUpTheSky452

Haddyn Slayer
Awards
Website
oveliagirlhaditright.tumblr.com
I'm so mad that they made Rumple evil again. I'm so mad. This would have been the perfect time and perfect way to finally make him good and stay that way, but no.

Other than that, I did like this episode a lot. I'll probably keep watching when it comes back, but the Rumple thing really bothers me.

I also feel like Killian's getting off too easily, after all those things that he said to Emma, but whatever, I guess.

Interested to see the Underworld... if it's anything like Tartarus in Percy Jackson, the cast's going to be suffering a lot. And the idea of "bringing back" dead characters in this way is a pretty neat one.

I hope that Pan tells Rumple he sucks just as much as he does, when he sees him, however, because that's honestly the truth at this point. XD

Also, still having massive KH feels. Them going to the Underworld makes me think of Aqua in the RoD. And the Dark Ones in this episode just made me think of Organization XIII.

Just give me a small Naminé cameo, Once Upon a Time writers! That's all I ask! (Though I, of course, know it will never happen.)

And I do like that Emma's taking a leaf out of her parent's book and is going to share a heart with Killian. That was a nice moment between her and the family, and portrayed well, when she said that, I thought.

Actually, all of the moments with Emma and her family were good in this episode. Especially her with Snow. My goodness it gave me feels! ...I feel like the Charming Family stuff is the only reason I'm here at this point, tbh.

...And the Knave of Hearts. Hopefully he'll be in the show again eventually, because I LOVED him in OUaTiW (I think he and Alice are my favorite characters in the whole OUaT universe, personally), but we'll see, hopefully:)

Sora2016

Silver Member
Awards
I'm so mad that they made Rumple evil again. I'm so mad. This would have been the perfect time and perfect way to finally make him good and stay that way, but no.

Other than that, I did like this episode a lot. I'll probably keep watching when it comes back, but the Rumple thing really bothers me.

I also feel like Killian's getting off too easily, after all those things that he said to Emma, but whatever, I guess.

Interested to see the Underworld... if it's anything like Tartarus in Percy Jackson, the cast's going to be suffering a lot. And the idea of "bringing back" dead characters in this way is a pretty neat one.

I hope that Pan tells Rumple he sucks just as much as he does, when he sees him, however, because that's honestly the truth at this point. XD

Also, still having massive KH feels. Them going to the Underworld makes me think of Aqua in the RoD. And the Dark Ones in this episode just made me think of Organization XIII.

Just give me a small Naminé cameo, Once Upon a Time writers! That's all I ask! (Though I, of course, know it will never happen.)

And I do like that Emma's taking a leaf out of her parent's book and is going to share a heart with Killian. That was a nice moment between her and the family, and portrayed well, when she said that, I thought.

Actually, all of the moments with Emma and her family were good in this episode. Especially her with Snow. My goodness it gave me feels! ...I feel like the Charming Family stuff is the only reason I'm here at this point, tbh.

...And the Knave of Hearts. Hopefully he'll be in the show again eventually, because I LOVED him in OUaTiW (I think he and Alice are my favorite characters in the whole OUaT universe, personally), but we'll see, hopefully:)

I mean, Emma wants to save Hook, but I feel like he at the least won't just forgive himself for all he did the past few episodes. And other people might not as well, so I doubt he will just come back and everything will be perfect.

And yeah, Charming Family was on point this episode. They always hit me the most, I love them a lot. I am kind of looking forward to Emma not having Hook to interact with as much for a while cuz yeah it felt like the writers were having her neglect her family a bit there to spend all her time with Hook. I also felt the opposite back when her and Hook were starting to be a thing and I wanted them to get together though...so ideally I want a medium of her loving all them and talking to all of them equally haha.

Patricier21

According to this article Once Upon a Time Season 5 Winter Finale Postmortem Adam Horowitz and Eddy Kitsis - Hollywood Reporter there will be no Merida for at least most of the season which will please some as many did not like her. That also seems to be the reason why the storyline was dropped; because of the negative reaction towards her.

It also spills some interesting beans on Zelena coming back for a big part of the second story arc in this part of the season, plus to those annoyed with Rumbelle, it appears as though they will stay together despite all that has happened. They seem to be a couple that always essentially stays together even when it appears that they break up anyways. All of this Dark One stuff, which some found boring and frustrating appears to be gone as well.

Personally, from that trailer at the end of the episode, alone along with what was further teased in this article, I am even more excited for this second half of the Season and think that it will be better than this half. They seem to be heading in a pretty good and interesting direction with it, getting the show back on tact with what makes it good. It is going to focus on the main characters more it seems and bring the family dynamic about it back.

BufferAqua

Bronze Member
Awards

Lonbilly

Captain Marvel is a lesbian send tweet
Awards
Read the article, and I see nothing about Merida being pushed to the back burner because she was "disliked" or whatever. Classic Patricier with false information.

If the writers really cared about what fans disliked, then this show would be different. Hook, Rumple, and all the inconsistent writing would be gone and we'd see more representation without them killing off/writing off the minorities.

Gotta laugh that they have "story reasons" for hell looking like Storybrooke when we all know it's because of the budget

Elysium

Awards
I don't think it's just because of the budget. The alternative would be CG backgrounds or wandering around in a repetitious environment like Neverland, neither of which would be ideal.

Patricier21

Read the article, and I see nothing about Merida being pushed to the back burner because she was "disliked" or whatever. Classic Patricier with false information.

If the writers really cared about what fans disliked, then this show would be different. Hook, Rumple, and all the inconsistent writing would be gone and we'd see more representation without them killing off/writing off the minorities.

Gotta laugh that they have "story reasons" for hell looking like Storybrooke when we all know it's because of the budget

The Merida theory is based on the fact that from what I've seen a lot of people did not like her, which is further supported by The Bear and the Bow being the series' lowest rated episode up until the most recent two episodes aired only a month later. Also supported by the negative reaction towards The Bear King Episode and what they've done in the past learning from fan's reactions towards mistakes they made like what they did with Little Mermaid and Rapunzel and not repeating them with Frozen

Antifa Lockhart

Awards
I am so disappointed in this show, Eddy and Adam can't put their toys back before taking more out of the toy box. I honestly have no idea how Disney hasn't put their foot down about some of their choices.

BufferAqua

Bronze Member
Awards
Hopefully, the show will get interesting again. This season so far my least favorite.

Chuman

Dad of Boy
Awards
Going in, i didn't think I'd like this show. Just watched the first episode of S5 and i think its finally become something of it's own, although its a little late after four decent seasons that had monumental potential and squandered much of it.

They need more consistent character writing, to stop changing a character's alignment on a dime because they've run into a brick wall and stop with this "oh yeah, i forgot about this one evil doer/hero up until this point where its relevant".

they totally wasted Henry's writer status, and taking the savior/becoming dark thing of Emma's too literally.

LightUpTheSky452

Haddyn Slayer
Awards
Website
oveliagirlhaditright.tumblr.com
Didn't get to see the first part of this episode (because I forgot that the show came back tonight), but I really like what was done with Regina and her father.

And I'm not going to lie: seeing Regina's adopted son, Henry, meet her father, Henry, brought a tear to my eye.

Definitely the most I've felt for this series in a long time, I think. And probably one of their most clever ideas.

Also, that there's another "operation" for this Underworld business. LOL. Oh, Henry:)

Elysium

Awards
Spoiler Spoiler Show

Sora2016

Silver Member
Awards
Spoiler Spoiler Show

Yeah, I was impressed they really made even more steps with Regina. Comparing how she is now to Cora, showing her genuinely apologizing to someone without any prompting (I mean it was her dad, but...), and then yeah the connection to Cora having Henry Sr. in season 1 was nice. I forgot about that lol.

I also like Hades, and seeing all these other characters we haven't seen in a while is refreshing. It reminds me a bit of the way season 1 was, with characters just chilling but they are still acknowledged. So that was nice, but it may not last lol.

I liked it, I mean it didn't feel like a "100th episode celebration" or anything but yeah. Part of me does wish it had been about Emma, you know, the main character lol. But the whole first half of the season revolved around her a whole lot so I guess its not a big deal.

Chaser

Not KHI Site Staff
Staff member
Awards
The more they stay away from dull Emma, with her dull parents, and her dull boyfriend, and they focus more on awesome Regina and her awesome redemption and power, the better

Alpha Baymax

On a scale of α to ζ.
Awards
You know what the directors should do for this show, have San Fransokyo be featured at one point and have GoGo Tomago be played by the voice actor of Disney's Mulan.

Elysium

Awards
Big Hero 6 is not going to appear on this show. And thank goodness.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back