• Hello everybody! We have tons of new awards for the new year that can be requested through our Awards System thanks to Antifa Lockhart! Some are limited-time awards so go claim them before they are gone forever...

CLICK HERE FOR AWARDS

Sora from Kingdom Hearts announced as a new DLC fighter in Super Smash Bros. Ultimate

REGISTER TO REMOVE ADS
Status
Not open for further replies.

Elysium

Be Wiser Than the Serpent
Awards
Significance to fans is completely irrelevant and should have zero impact on the storyteller.
It's only irrelevant if you're writing into the void with no audience. Otherwise, you're wanting people to buy something and that requires incentive. And I'm not going to indulge this line of thought that KH3 is better off as a story because of Radiant Garden's absence. On the contrary, it's much weaker for it. I thought then and still think that there was no sense behind its omission; it was entirely personal, tied up in Nomura being fed up over the FFXIII drama, which he himself was to blame for because he couldn't get off the pot after years of development and he decided to take it out on KH fans. Twilight Town would've suffered the same fate if it didn't have a few original characters there that would allow it to function even with him cutting the FF characters there out of it.

Launchpad

i remember the OLD khinsider
Awards
To those disappointed about Hollow Bastion, or who wanted more interactable spectacle-- The fact that they made Hollow Bastion, as the final stage in Smash, COMPLETELY NEUTRAL is crazy good for everyone. Now Hollow Bastion is most likely going to be one of the few tournament legal stages in Ultimate. Finals in huge tournaments will be fought with Riku in the background.

Oracle Spockanort

written in the stars
Staff member
Awards
Website
twitter.com
To those disappointed about Hollow Bastion, or who wanted more interactable spectacle-- The fact that they made Hollow Bastion, as the final stage in Smash, COMPLETELY NEUTRAL is crazy good for everyone. Now Hollow Bastion is most likely going to be one of the few tournament legal stages in Ultimate. Finals in huge tournaments will be fought with Riku in the background.
Holy crap my dude, stop (pls don’t) 🥲 I want that so bad. KH deserves this sort of exposure and imagining this happening is so huge

KingdomKurdistan

Awards
It's only irrelevant if you're writing into the void with no audience. Otherwise, you're wanting people to buy something and that requires incentive. And I'm not going to indulge this line of thought that KH3 is better off as a story because of Radiant Garden's absence. On the contrary, it's much weaker for it. I thought then and still think that there was no sense behind its omission; it was entirely personal, tied up in Nomura being fed up over the FFXIII drama, which he himself was to blame for because he couldn't get off the pot after years of development and he decided to take it out on KH fans. Twilight Town would've suffered the same fate if it didn't have a few original characters there that would allow it to function even with him cutting the FF characters there out of it.

You're welcome to indulge or not indulge whatever you see fit. I wholeheartedly support you in not indulging my views.

I've said this before on another thread but making arguments based on omission, exclusion or lack of presence is futile from a rhetorical standpoint.

I can claim til tomorrow that KH3's story was weaker for the refusal to go back to Agrabah again and everyone would rolls their eyes because If A had B then it would be C not D arguments are literally infinite, mostly based on personal preferences, and generally not worth dwelling on.

Fyi, I think KH3 has some of the worst screenwriting in the whole series. But I base my critiques on what's present in the text, not on the infinite amount of things (many of them I'd like to have seen) that weren't present.

Elysium

Be Wiser Than the Serpent
Awards
Well, if Kairi, the apprentices, and half the Organization all came from Agrabah, if Aqua disappeared there, Ansem the Wise ruled there, Roxas and Namine were revived there, and SDG's base level of operation with the FF characters had been there, then, yes, I'd be arguing it should've been in 3. As it is, Agrabah is just one random Disney level, so, yes, that would be stupid.

So, according to your argument, if Sora just randomly disappeared and was completely absent from 3, and Riku or Mickey became the main character, we couldn't criticize the game for lacking the main character or failing to resolve his plotline because we can't criticize it for what's not there, only what is there. Or if D&G were killed offscreen and never appeared as party members again with nothing filling their absence, we could never criticize that or say the game is hollow without them. That's a pretty insane line of defense you're making.

Last edited:

MATGSY

Silver Member
Awards
wuhwololvtr71.jpg

A little late for me there.

bobgoesw00t

Awards
Website
bobgoesw00t.tumblr.com
Well, at least they didn't put Olympus Colliseum in smash in any way shape or form.
So true, I don't think I could handle it if Hades decided to f*ck up YET ANOTHER TOURNAMENT!!!!!
Sora releases in 13 days with Smash Bros updated version 13.0.0 and apparently he is the 13th DLC character (DLC characters Pyra/Mythra were released together but fight separately). All according to Nomura's keikaku.

keikaku.jpg
THIS!!! THIS IS NOMURA IN A NUTSHELL!!!!!!! xD
Sorry, Kairi. There’s a new girl in town 😎

View attachment 14348
Poooooooooor Kairi...not like she had a chance when Sora has his boyfriend Roxas now (feel free to flame me for being a SoRoku shipper OTL)
TRUESTORY.jpg

Absent

Nomura's Biggest Fan
Awards
So Valor Form is using the KH2 alt while Wisdom is using the 3D alt.

MATGSY

Silver Member
Awards
Oh, I just remembered my Sonic-is-Sora's-dad fan theory. Father and son are finally reunited!

AdrianXXII

Dyslexic rambler
Awards
For those who are wondering why Mickey, Donald and Goofy don't appear in the Station of Awakening, it's because they did not originate in a video game.
That does seem like a very likely answer, but is there a source that makes this the official statement? I mean theoretically, it could also just be Disney not wanting those characters to appear in Smash.

Oracle Spockanort

written in the stars
Staff member
Awards
Website
twitter.com
For those who are wondering why Mickey, Donald and Goofy don't appear in the Station of Awakening, it's because they did not originate in a video game.
Pretty certain it is because Nintendo didn’t want to have to pay any extra licensing fees to use Donald and Goofy and Disney wouldn’t have agreed with it.

Also that particular Station is an existing one that did not have Donald and Goofy on it from UX as an EX medal I believe.

KudoTsurugi

Awards
I’m still not over the fact Sora was able to get into Smash Bros. I never thought they’d be able to get him, but I’m so happy they could.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back