• Hello everybody! We have tons of new awards for the new year that can be requested through our Awards System thanks to Antifa Lockhart! Some are limited-time awards so go claim them before they are gone forever...

CLICK HERE FOR AWARDS

News ► Steve Burton Hints At Recording for KH3

REGISTER TO REMOVE ADS
Status
Not open for further replies.

Alpha Sonix

So....that clearly means that Sephiroth will be coming back!

Can't have Cloud without Sephiroth. We need that ultimate showdown dammit! Preferably more than one minute this time. Also, since Sephiroth is technically Cloud's darkness then we also need his light so hopefully Rachael Leigh Cook is coming back for Tifa.

Absent

Nomura's Biggest Fan
Awards
Every time I hear VA news I get more worried. If its real then I hope this is for promo work cause KH3 doesn't look ready.

skyfoxx

Silver Member
Awards
lol, do we even need Cloud in KH3? The guy is getting a whole game now, it's too much Cloud! Get him outta here! Throw him in the garbage! I'm glad his appearance in KH2 warranted him finally getting his own game on PS4, though.

Normally I would say that Cloud is over-used in the Kingdom Hearts series, but I personally feel he is kind of needed in KH3. They DID leave a massive cliffhanger for him VS Sephiroth in KH2. Soooooooo many fans would get pissed off not to have a conclusion to that.

As for the tweet... well, I'm still pretty much on the fence about it. Cause even though he DOES reply to a comment specifically talking about KH3, his response is, "I'm working on SOMETHING," which leads me to believe it's more leaning towards the FFVII remake.

But who knows, really. At this point, I'm thinking about just waiting until a new trailer at E3 to give us some more information and (possibly) clear up all this.

Chuman

Dad of Boy
Awards
<3 George Newbern, tho <3 <3 <3 <3

who wouldn't want to experience batman's best friend one last time? IN UNREAL ENGINE 4, AT THAT.

(on an unrelated note, kevin conroy should definitely come to kh too lol)

hemmoheikkinen

Dear Kafka
Awards
Hmm, I am also thinking that maybe Burton is doing something VII Remake related, but I hope that we are going to see Cloud and Sephiroth in KHIII. Their stories were left in cliffhanger, and for me it is some sort a tradition that we have fight against Sephy in numbered KH title(hoping for other FF villains as bosses too).

Zettaflare

Shibuya
Awards
Yeah, I had a strong feeling that the Cloud/Sephiroth subplot would come back full force in KH3. They did have that scene during the credits of BBS were Sephy abducted Zack

Chuman

Dad of Boy
Awards
Yeah, I had a strong feeling that the Cloud/Sephiroth subplot would come back full force in KH3. They did have that scene during the credits of BBS were Sephy abducted Zack

^^almost forgot. zack needs resolution, he was one of the best characters in the game so i would feel cheated if they didn't give him some closure.

BlackOsprey

Hell yeah
Awards

Abducted? The most we see is a big black Sephy feather. Which could very well be a callback to Crisis Core, where you had one-winged guys scattering feathers everywhere like dying birds.

Zettaflare

Shibuya
Awards
Abducted? The most we see is a big black Sephy feather. Which could very well be a callback to Crisis Core, where you had one-winged guys scattering feathers everywhere like dying birds.
He had a look of shock on his face and disappeared in a flash of light. Even if it was a callback, I'd say it was an intentional loose end

Chuman

Dad of Boy
Awards

nomura confirmed in a post-game interview that sephiroth was responsible for zack's disappearance so, abduction or murder, take your pick in an E-rated game

Zettaflare

Shibuya
Awards
If anything, Zack could be part of Cloud's motivation in pursuing Sephiroth. To defeat his inner darkness and possibly save his friend

BlackOsprey

Hell yeah
Awards
I can't really think of a good reason why Sephiroth would abduct anyone, so I'm betting on murder.

Zettaflare

Shibuya
Awards
Why would Sephiroth need a new body to house his heart? He never lost his body...
Well Im just making theories as to why Sephiroth would kidnap Zack rather than just killing him. Also this happened a decade before the events of KH2, so anything could be possible in regards to Sephiroth's intentions with Zack

Xickin

Traitor of KHInsider.com
Awards
Website
nicholasdoyle6.wixsite.com
Square, is it so much to ask for an update? I know you like to play jokes on us like you did FF7, but come on. If you put these guys up to this just to screw us, it's not very nice. Please, please, please, just give us an update, or ask the voice actors to rebuke what they have said. I would LOVE a percentage, but we all know you won't.

Oracle Spockanort

written in the stars
Staff member
Awards
Website
twitter.com
Square, is it so much to ask for an update? I know you like to play jokes on us like you did FF7, but come on. If you put these guys up to this just to screw us

Actors act on their own will. They don't tell them "spill what you are recording to tease things out".

or ask the voice actors to rebuke what they have said. I would LOVE a percentage, but we all know you won't.

Why should they? That's like telling SE and Disney to yell at the wind to stop blowing. All it is is uncomfortable for the company and for the actors themselves.

Not like Steve Burton has actually gone in to record yet so he isn't beholden to an NDA yet. Whatever he is recording for, we will eventually see the fruits of his labor at some point so again...yelling at the wind to stop blowing. It's going to appear at some point. The secrecy means nothing in the end.

Arcana-Key

Awards
Okay but is it okay if i just-- hold on to the hope of it being related to KH3- because realistically it has a lot more progress than VII right n-now and Square wouldn't do us dirty by making us wait longer r-right ;n;

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back