• Hello everybody! We have tons of new awards for the new year that can be requested through our Awards System thanks to Antifa Lockhart! Some are limited-time awards so go claim them before they are gone forever...

CLICK HERE FOR AWARDS

The Official BBS VA Discussion Thread [complete]

REGISTER TO REMOVE ADS

David Boreanaz or Doug Erholtz?

• David Boreanaz (KH1)

Votes: 17 65.4%
  • Doug Erholtz (Everything Else)

Votes: 9 34.6%

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.

Nostalgia

livin' in the past
Re: The Official BBS VA Discussion Thread

Now that we officially know all of the actors, let's have fun and create a fantasy list. :3

These are the people who I would've enjoyed as the VAs of BBS.

Terra: Travis Willingham (voice of Mustang in FMA)
Aqua: Jessica Dismuke (voice of Yukina in Yu Yu Hakusho)
Ventus: Eric Vale (voice of Trunks in DBZ)
Master Eraqus: Michael Gambon (Albus Dumbledore in Movies 3-8)
Master Xehanort: Patrick Stewart (Charles Xavier from the X-men live action films)
Vanitas: Brad Swaile (voice of Light Yagami in Death Note)

In truth, I'm actually very satisfied with the current VAs for Ventus, Vanitas, and ME, but I thought it'd be fun to make a list anyway.

Silverslide

need some more candy cane

Now that we officially know all of the actors, let's have fun and create a fantasy list. :3

Master Eraqus: Michael Caine
Master Xehanort: Patrick Stewart

In truth, I'm actually very satisfied with the current VAs for Ventus, Vanitas, and ME, but I thought it'd be fun to make a list anyway.

That is a very sexy list. OMG I SUGGESTED TRAVIS WILLINGHAM A WHILE BACK AFDSGFGADFGAFSGAF

+1 for our minds working the same way

Nostalgia

livin' in the past

That is a very sexy list. OMG I SUGGESTED TRAVIS WILLINGHAM A WHILE BACK AFDSGFGADFGAFSGAF

+1 for our minds working the same way

I had that wrong Michael in mind for ME before I edited it, but in general, yes, we're awesome like that. ^_^

Oracle Spockanort

written in the stars
Staff member
Awards
Website
twitter.com

Master Xehanort: Patrick Stewart (Charles Xavier from the X-men live action films)

-licks this list and wishes she could marry it but she is still married to Grass' quote in some thread-

Lol. I like this list. Travis would have been my first on any list.

But here is mine. :D

Terra: J. Michael Tatum (voice of Kyouya in Ouran High School Host Club)
Aqua: Laura Bailey (voice of Rise in Persona 4 and almost every character in anything most people love and adore)
Ventus: Aaron Dismuke (voice of Alphonse Elric in Fullmetal Alchemist)
Master Eraqus: Jamieson Price (voice of The Count of Monte Cristo in Gankutsuou)
Master Xehanort: Leonard Nimoy (voice of Spock in Star Trek: The Animated Series) :D
Vanitas: Virgil Theart because I'm pretty sure he could play Vanitas with the awesome evil laughs he's done :D

And because I can't think of anybody who can be Vanitas.

That is my impossible (save for Leonard Nimoy) voice actor list.

Sadly I didn't put Vic Mignogna, Yuri Lowenthall, or Johnny Yong Bosch because we see and hear them in everything. They'd probably end up having a role even if we wanted them or not.

Last edited:

Nostalgia

livin' in the past

-licks this list and wishes she could marry it but she is still married to Grass' quote in some thread-

Aqua: Laura Bailey (voice of Rise in Persona 4 and almost every character in anything most people love and adore)
Ventus: Aaron Dimuke (voice of Alphonse Elric in Fullmetal Alchemist)
Master Eraqus: Jamieson Price (voice of The Count of Monte Cristo in Gankutsuou)
Master Xehanort: Leonard Nimoy (voice of Spock in Star Trek: The Animated Series) :D
Vanitas: Virgil Theart because I'm pretty sure he could play Vanitas with the awesome evil laughs he's done :D

Sadly I didn't put Vic Mignogna, Yuri Lowenthall, or Johnny Yong Bosch because we see and hear them in everything. They'd probably end up having a role even if we wanted them or not.

Laura Bailey was in P4? o_O I just know her as kid Trunks, Lust, and Keiko Yukimura, lol. But yes, she'd rock Aqua with that sexy voice of hers. I dig the rest of it as well. Though, I have to say that I haven't heard Aaron Dismuke post-puberty. I think Vic would have been cool for Ventus if he was a sillier character. I can picture Bosch as a young Terra. I haven't really heard much of Lowenthall, but I remember not being impressed with Cecil's voice in FFIV. Then again, nobody sounded impressive in that game.

Theart

Hyped Ruler of Honnouji Academy
Awards

Ventus: Aaron Dismuke (voice of Alphonse Elric in Fullmetal Alchemist)

*le gasp* 83 Awwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwww, lycoris!!!!! *glomps the living daylights out of you* <333333333333333333333333333333333333

I actually plan on doing some Vanitas covers when BBS comes out and I have more lines to work with. >8D So in a way, it IS happening (so to speak). xD

cloudzack117

I have wanted either crispin freemen or johnny young bosch for terra for years. Though I do think that dohring sounds similar to crispin freeman. I am still praying that noct is voiced by johnny young bosch if versus ever makes it stateside

Sempied

Hmmm...
Terra: Patrick Seitz (Ragna the Bloodedge)/Troy Baker (Snow FFXIII)
Ven: Johnny Yong Bosch (Ichigo Kurosaki, Renton Thurston, Lelouch)
Aqua: Kari Wahlgren (Saya Blood +, Haruko)
Eraqus: Chow Yun Fat (Crouching Tiger Hidden Dragon, Pirates of the Carribean)
MX: Mark Hamill (Joker, Eraqus,Luke Skywalker)
Vanitas: Brad Swaile (Light, Setsuna, Amuro, Quatre)

I really can't think of anyone else that could nail Van other than Brad with his Light voice. Before anyone screams "Ew JYB" i'd actually like to put a defense for the guy this time around. While i'm not a fan of him being all over I also know that some of those roles he did fit well. JYB with his Firion voice from Dissidia could fit Roxas/Ven pretty well. While it'd be a different take the casual voice would slightly sound more so closer even to the original japanese. That isn't to say Jesse isn;t bad, but JYB take on the role would be very fun to hear.

sonickenshin

Awards

Here's mine.

Terra - Troy Baker (Yuri Lowell - Tales of Vesperia)
Aqua - Mae Whitman (Katara - Avatar)
Ventus - Zach Tyler Eisen (Aang - Avatar)
Master Eraqus - James Garrett (Avatar Roku - Avatar)
Master Xehanort - Christopher Lloyd (Rasputin - Anastasia)
Vanitas - Yuri Lowenthal (Gig - Soul Nomad and the World Eaters)

Troy Baker for me would have been the best choice for Terra. His voice is deep, but still has a youthful vibe to it without being too youthful and he has a lot of charisma too. Mae Whitman's voice has that tough girl side to her voice, but she could also pull off that nice girl side of Aqua. I don't know how Zach Tyler sounds now, but he definitely has the energy to pull off Ven. James Garrett and Christopher Lloyd (Yeah, I know. THAT again) would have fit pretty well with Eraqus and Xehanort. And....I couldn't really think of anyone better but Yuri Lowenthal as Vanitas. He was AWESOME as Gig. He'd be AWESOME as Vanitas.

But, yeah, I'm pretty satisfied with Ven's, Eraqus' and Van's official VAs reguardless.

I haven't really heard much of Lowenthall, but I remember not being impressed with Cecil's voice in FFIV. Then again, nobody sounded impressive in that game.
Not his best work. He's done better. Way better...though honestly, I think he could have fit Cecil if he sounded more like his Prince of Persia (Sand of Time trilogy).

Oracle Spockanort

written in the stars
Staff member
Awards
Website
twitter.com

Laura Bailey was in P4? o_O I just know her as kid Trunks, Lust, and Keiko Yukimura, lol. But yes, she'd rock Aqua with that sexy voice of hers. I dig the rest of it as well. Though, I have to say that I haven't heard Aaron Dismuke post-puberty. I think Vic would have been cool for Ventus if he was a sillier character. I can picture Bosch as a young Terra. I haven't really heard much of Lowenthall, but I remember not being impressed with Cecil's voice in FFIV. Then again, nobody sounded impressive in that game.

Yup. She is in P4. :D :D :D

Me neither on Aaron. I'd like to hear him and I'm sure he'd do a good Ventus because Ventus' voice isn't older teen and it isn't young boy either.

I think Vic is a bit too old for Ventus. He does a good job with young voices, but Ventus and Vic don't match.

Yuri Lowenthal is Haseo in .hack//G.U. if you've ever played it. And Sasuke.

*le gasp* 83 Awwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwww, lycoris!!!!! *glomps the living daylights out of you* <333333333333333333333333333333333333

I actually plan on doing some Vanitas covers when BBS comes out and I have more lines to work with. >8D So in a way, it IS happening (so to speak). xD

:D I am most interested in this Vanitas cover. :D :D :D -excitedly waits for BBS to come out and to hear you do a cover- YAY! MY WISH IS COMING TRUE!

-glomp- <3 <3 <3 <3 <3 <3

I have wanted either crispin freemen or johnny young bosch for terra for years. Though I do think that dohring sounds similar to crispin freeman. I am still praying that noct is voiced by johnny young bosch if versus ever makes it stateside

Crispin Freeman. He would have been awesome as Terra.

Johnny as Noctis...Hmmmmm...I see it and don't see it. I love Johnny enough to want it happen but I hate him enough to wish for him to lay low for a few years from voice acting.

Key

Exile
Awards

Here's mine.

Aqua - Mae Whitman (Katara - Avatar)
Ventus - Zach Tyler Eisen (Aang - Avatar)
Master Eraqus - James Garrett (Avatar Roku - Avatar)

ASKAGHDKJKAHFKAJKAGHF I LOVE THIS LIST <3333333

except for Ven, i think Jesse does just fine~

Sempied

Here's mine.

Troy Baker for me would have been the best choice for Terra. His voice is deep, but still has a youthful vibe to it without being too youthful and he has a lot of charisma too.
Not his best work. He's done better. Way better...though honestly, I think he could have fit Cecil if he sounded more like his Prince of Persia (Sand of Time trilogy).
Your list is my fav thus far. Troy Baker is an amazing VA that loves his job, and would've easily put down the "Terra needs to sound more deep tone" whining. Whenever I think MX with Doc's voice I always imagine "Great Scott!" coming from his mouth. I really don't think Yuri would make a good Van though. He could capture the crazed, evil side yes, but I not his coy, cold nature would be well kept with Van without me thinking of Suzaku from Code Geass.

Nostalgia

livin' in the past

Christopher Lloyd would make an excellent MX.

DrunkBeardGuy

^Totally Agree.

Also, Hi KHI forums! I just made an account after lurking for so long, I usually post on GameFAQS under the same name. What does everyone think about Jason Dohring as Terra? I always liked him before we knew who he was, but it's good to know he's not a total unknown.

loke13

Waiting on FF XV and KH3 :D

^Totally Agree.

Also, Hi KHI forums! I just made an account after lurking for so long, I ususally post on GameFAQS under the same name. What does everyone think about Jason Dohring as Terra? I always liked him before we knew who he was, but it's good to know he's not a total unknown.
I'm kinda indifferent, I haven't been impressed by him yet but that might change when I buy the game.

Nostalgia

livin' in the past

He can still make up for that "Being a keyblade master is all I've dreamed about!" line but it won't be easy.

Sempied

"Great Scott!"

On a side note I did just see him in the movie Piranha 3D.

He can still make up for that "Being a keyblade master is all I've dreamed about!" line but it won't be easy.
The screams, and "Leave my friends alone!" would like to talk.

Theart

Hyped Ruler of Honnouji Academy
Awards

I wanted Christopher Lloyd to be MX so badly... Mostly because he'd have been amazing as MX...

And partly so I could say, "Quick Terra! To the DeLorean!" ;D

Sempied

Those weren't as bad, but they haven't given him points towards redeeming himself either.
For being part of one his most dramatic scenes that Jason managed to pull off? I have to say that was thee "main" scene that I was worried about him getting right, or not.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back