• Hello everybody! We have tons of new awards for the new year that can be requested through our Awards System thanks to Antifa Lockhart! Some are limited-time awards so go claim them before they are gone forever...

CLICK HERE FOR AWARDS

Why are kids scared of dentists???

REGISTER TO REMOVE ADS
Status
Not open for further replies.

Antiquity

Put on your courage and fly
Awards
Have you SEEN the needles they use!?

...Well, I haven't. That'd be a little info for me cause I only see them stick this huge thing into my mouth and then feel the pain. T_T

Anyways, I could understand why kids would be afraid of the dentist.
You got some stranger dude who's looking at your teeth and sticking weird things into your mouth that you've probably never seen before. Don't know what they're doing cause you can't see.
Then there's the pain that makes a kid not want to trust the person cause they're hurting them.

Then again, the whole "treat" thing sometimes makes up for it and if the person apologizes for hurting you.
But if the dentist does neither, then that pretty much scares the kid for a while.

I just hate the parts with the drills, the needles, and the part where they stick that thing on one side of your mouth for an x-ray. With braces in your mouth, that really is annoying IMO. -_-

KH29

In my opinion, kids are naturally scared of anything that can make a hole in them. Whether it be a shot or a drill, kids are afraid of the feeling. Plus kids usually are lazy in brushing their teeth, so when mom says we are going to the dentist to make sure you don't have cavities, kids will want to run.

SilverJ-17

spams bombs, not posts
Awards
I always was scared of all the metal utensils they used. Another thing I never liked was the "little pinch" thing. That always seemed to hurt more than a "little pinch." It scared me even more that the needle thing that they used to numb your mouth was fairly large.

Antiquity

Put on your courage and fly
Awards
^ O.O it's a big needle...?

WTF was up with that whole "pinch" thing anyway?
Doctors use the same expression when giving shots, but that doesn't feel like a pinch!

That feels like a needle being shoved into your gums.
No idea what they would call a "pinch" to them, but that would certainly not be a pinch to a kid.
Plus kids don't really like to be pinched period, so why give them a "pinch" in the mouth? That scares them too.

Iridium

Snobby Von PersnicketyBitch
Awards
I just think the thought of someone probing your mouth and the sight of needles and knives is what makes a child scared.
That and the fact that their imaginations and perception of rational and logical thinking isn't well developed, though that's dependent on the age group.

Generally a lot of people dread the ominous dentists chair, though kids take it the worst.

C

Colours

I'm not afraid of the dentist, but I'd have to say because they don't like the pain or the blood that comes out of their mouths. that might make them feel that something's wrong with their mouth...

I don't like spiting out blood lol.

Agreed. The dentist is not scary at all to me. I don't like the site of blood to much.

Thor.

Do Our Best
Awards
A dentist is a man who causes countless pain to several people a day while sticking sharp metal implements into your mouth. Why wouldn't you be afraid?

Raz

i'm nobody
Staff member
Awards
The worst feeling in the world is getting your braces off.
When they get out the grinder. Ouuuch. It's such a horrible sensation. That, paired with the burning smell.

Pelafina

lately, lovely
Awards
The glue they used on your teeth was awesome though, it was like sour candy.

Raz

i'm nobody
Staff member
Awards
I liked it when I had to bite into the gooey stuff to get my retainer made.
That was fun.

Pelafina

lately, lovely
Awards
Until you choke.

Also, the worst part of a dentist visit is the liquid fluoride treatment.

Raz

i'm nobody
Staff member
Awards
I hate that. And it leaves a horrible taste in your mouth that you have to live with.

Pelafina

lately, lovely
Awards
It's the worst if you haven't slept/ eaten in two days.

Fuck, that was a terrible appointment.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back