• Hello everybody! We have tons of new awards for the new year that can be requested through our Awards System thanks to Antifa Lockhart! Some are limited-time awards so go claim them before they are gone forever...

CLICK HERE FOR AWARDS

Kingdom Hearts Expansion

REGISTER TO REMOVE ADS
Status
Not open for further replies.

SilverJ-17

spams bombs, not posts
Awards
Look, Kingdom Hearts is a story. All stories have an end. It isn't a decent story if there is no conclusion. That is why you read a book, watch a movie, or play a game. To see it end. Nomura is being a dick by keeping the ending away from us. If this is what we want, it is what he should be concentrating on.

Honestly, I hope we can at least see the end of Sora's story before they continue the new series. I'm hoping for BBS FM, "mystery game" that leads to a new series or whatever (hopefully not), another possible FM (mystery gmae)?, KH3, then the rest of the new possible spin-off series. At least, I'd like to see Nomura get KH3 out the door before the new series continues.

or... for a better idea of things..

BBS (2010)
BBS FM (2011)/ Mystery Game
Mystery Game (FM) (2012)
KH3 (2013)
2014 and beyond - the new series

Alternately, I'd take the mystery game's FM (should it happen) AFTER KH3. Hell, what if he doesn't count the FMs as the yearly thing and counts only the new games, then it could be like..

BBS (2010)
Mystery Game (2011)
KH3 (2012)
The rest of the new series (2013 and beyond)

FMs would fit somewhere in-between those dates.

This is not what Nomura is saying the game will be. It will have connection to KH but otherwise be its own original Story.

And if the story is good why would need to complain.

I hope so. If the story is good, then I'll still buy it, but as I said, I still hope that they can at least finish KH3 before continuing that series.

But it is going to end, just a little later then we thought. Nomura wants to expand the franchise a little bit through the other series. He even said that KH is Sora's story and will eventually end, and he kinda hinted that this new series wasn't gonna be called KH. This new series will end, as well.

Another I hope ends up being true is that if this series does happen, that it gets a new name. The last KH game should be KH3, not the end of the new series.

Ulti

hurr hurr hurr
Awards
I call end of the series because the KH universe is limited. You can't continue it much farther when you already covered most of the good Disney films. And no one start bullshit on how they'll get rid of the Disney element. The game is owned by Disney. It is a Disney/FF game. That isn't going to change.

siegleeagle

I call end of the series because the KH universe is limited. You can't continue it much farther when you already covered most of the good Disney films. And no one start bullshit on how they'll get rid of the Disney element. The game is owned by Disney. It is a Disney/FF game. That isn't going to change.

i agree getting rid of the disney element is not a valid arguement to continue the series. I want it to continue but it will eventually run out and im fine with that. I just want to see the series keep on going.

State

Awards
Honestly, a game a year sounds rushed. But seriously, do they mean the full product, or a preview of it?

Memory Master

Gold Member
Awards
Though I may be wrong, I'm guessing that Kingdom Hearts is going to become the next Final Fantasy.

There is one prayer answered, thank you Jesus. lol

Anyways, maybe now I can finally get the back story of a certain world explained with all these new KH games coming up.

State

Awards
It'll be like FF, only that instead of swords, axes, lances, etc. it'll be keychains with names of swords, axes, lances, etc. and designs on them.

Ulti

hurr hurr hurr
Awards
Honestly, a game a year sounds rushed. But seriously, do they mean the full product, or a preview of it?

Even Harry Potter books didn't come out annually. A game a year? Nomura is a fucking slave driver to his programmers. If there is a KH game every year, they are going to be shit.

And again, in the universe Nomura made, it is impossible to continue the story on for long. For FF games, every game is a new world, a new universe. So it is possible to make thirteen games under the same title. But with KH, he can only make a limited number. Adding a new hero might stall the eventually end, but I don't see what else Nomura can do. Add all the new stuff you want, but there aren't enough Disney worlds to satisfy him.

I would also like to take into consideration Disney's feelings on their game. At any time, they could pull the plug. A possibility at least.

rhyth

To me, there's no problem if they decide to expand the Kingdom Hearts series (in fact I love the idea. I dislike it when things end). As of right now, I don't think I'm in a position to judge, since I can't tell the future and I can't tell whether the games would be good or not. If the team manages to create good games with a good story (preferrably relating to sora. I don't think KH would be the same with Sora!) and good gameplay, then I don't see anything to complain about.

And the one-game-per-year thing may seem ominous right now, but I trust that the game developers would do a good job on it. If not, then that's unfortunate. Then I would be complaining. I'm not keen on complaining on anything that hasn't happened yet :\

Memory Master

Gold Member
Awards
Honestly, I hope we can at least see the end of Sora's story before they continue the new series. I'm hoping for BBS FM, "mystery game" that leads to a new series or whatever (hopefully not), another possible FM (mystery gmae)?, KH3, then the rest of the new possible spin-off series. At least, I'd like to see Nomura get KH3 out the door before the new series continues.

or... for a better idea of things..

BBS (2010)
BBS FM (2011)/ Mystery Game
Mystery Game (FM) (2012)
KH3 (2013)
2014 and beyond - the new series

Alternately, I'd take the mystery game's FM (should it happen) AFTER KH3. Hell, what if he doesn't count the FMs as the yearly thing and counts only the new games, then it could be like..

BBS (2010)
Mystery Game (2011)
KH3 (2012)
The rest of the new series (2013 and beyond)

FMs would fit somewhere in-between those dates.

I hope so. If the story is good, then I'll still buy it, but as I said, I still hope that they can at least finish KH3 before continuing that series.

Another I hope ends up being true is that if this series does happen, that it gets a new name. The last KH game should be KH3, not the end of the new series.

I think the Final Mixes will have to be part of that annual thing, I don't see how they could not be.

Anyways I think this kinda improves the chances for a North American version of Coded now.

dan99iel

I would like to see KH3 as the end of the story of Sora.

I would ALSO like to see another story created based in the KH universe.

Radon

mofo

Now that they have the Osaka team capable of creating a full KH game, not to mention random others eg. HAND who create the hand held games, they could have a three year cycle going:

Osaka game released, Tokyo game begins -> HAND game released, Osaka game begins -> Tokyo game released, Hand game begins etc. etc. etc.

That wouldn't seem all that rushed IMO. Also when they're probably going to include FM in this 'annual' scheme there would be more than three years to develop each game.

However KH will have to end someday, although I like the idea that they're preparing to get a character to replace Sora.

seifbugazia

As for me i am very exited that the kingdom hearts series is going to expand and is not going to end any time soon, but i just hope that when they finish sora's story and start the new protagonist's story, i hope that Tetsuya Numora delivers storywise and character wise. Let us not forget that this is Tetsuya Numoras' work. This man has been exceeding expectations for more thatn 10 years.

sora4sky

~(x)~Sword Art Online~(x)~
Now that they have the Osaka team capable of creating a full KH game, not to mention random others eg. HAND who create the hand held games, they could have a three year cycle going:

Osaka game released, Tokyo game begins -> HAND game released, Osaka game begins -> Tokyo game released, Hand game begins etc. etc. etc.

That wouldn't seem all that rushed IMO. Also when they're probably going to include FM in this 'annual' scheme there would be more than three years to develop each game.

However KH will have to end someday, although I like the idea that they're preparing to get a character to replace Sora.

This could work pretty good...i can see this happening

SilverJ-17

spams bombs, not posts
Awards

Well, if what I heard actually does happen, wouldn't the new series not KH in its name? If that's the case and every game (for it) is made after KH3 (except the first one), then theoretically, you can say that the KH series would be over, unless they find a reason to go beyond KH3 with one side game or KH4, but I doubt that.

deep_but_stupid

Everyone talking about the end of KH is making me depressed. I understand that that Sora's story is limited but KH itself is surely infinite if you got a good mind behind it. I mean, this is whst i see happening.

KH 1,2,3 + side stories
KH: subseries 1,2,3 + side stories
KH: new subseries 1,2,3 + sidestories

And this could go on for ever as long as the inspiration doesnt run dry.

siegleeagle

Everyone talking about the end of KH is making me depressed. I understand that that Sora's story is limited but KH itself is surely infinite if you got a good mind behind it. I mean, this is whst i see happening.

KH 1,2,3 + side stories
KH: subseries 1,2,3 + side stories
KH: new subseries 1,2,3 + sidestories

And this could go on for ever as long as the inspiration doesnt run dry.

the only thing wrong with that is they will run out of disney. I agree in that they should keep the series going untill they run out of disney ( I also agree that some of the movies I didn't like personally woudlnt be to fun for me but the kingdom hearts universe will add a new spin to it so I want them to use them). Besides I like most of the ones people didnt like (except a few). They also shouldnt add DISNEY CHANNEL!!!!!!! just disney movies.

Chrono Mizaki

Banned
I hate this expansion. I miss my KH1 and my KH2, I miss the series I loved before they started milking it for all the cash they could. Fuck Roxas.

Wait, what? Kingdom Hearts II doesn't exist. I'm sure it ended on Chain of Memories and I just had a nightmare that II and... this game called 358/2 Days, were horrible clusterfuck games.

I liked it when I have a idea about Kingdom Hearts not being Sora's story, but... about, y'know, Kingdom Hearts.

Also; Nomura. Quit the KH series. Quit being at Square-Enix. Trap yourself in an apartment for years. Even call yourself a Geisha. Just make sure to not come back unless you honed your skills and make a game I'll actually like... critically. Or actually impress me with Birth by Sleep and Versus XIII.

Fortissimo

I'm perfectly fine with the series continuing, even if it needs a new main character. I'm just concerned about the disney factor. I think the game needs completely new worlds, I'm tired of some of them. And as popularity goes, I was surprised by how many people I know play it. I underestimated you Kingdom Hearts...shame on me.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back