• Hello everybody! We have tons of new awards for the new year that can be requested through our Awards System thanks to Antifa Lockhart! Some are limited-time awards so go claim them before they are gone forever...

CLICK HERE FOR AWARDS

Has your hair had any random hair color changes?

REGISTER TO REMOVE ADS
Status
Not open for further replies.

BreezyWind

Hahahah random question.
Mine went from dark brown to a carmelish color naturally.
:p it was weiiiird!
have you had any random hair color switches?

Iridium

Snobby Von PersnicketyBitch
Awards
Uh.. I think this is the section you were looking to really post in. The Foyer is for hello's and goodbyes, not general discussion.

[EDIT]

Looks like someone took care of it. Carry on.

Chakolat Strawberry

caramel delight
Awards
My hair turns into a reddish color whenever sun shines on it, if that counts. It looks really cool :3

Wintertide

Sp00ky GuRl
Awards
My hair went from black to brown to light brown and now i have red and some pieces of blond. Never dyed my hair ever.

AxelYoYo

RAWR
Awards
In the sun, my hair looks really light brown and when it's dark, it's semi-light and semi-dark.

impart

Climb The Sky
my hair has always been the same color.
I think it got a bit lighter around the age of 11, it also went from stick straight to curly

Silverslide

need some more candy cane
I'm half black and white, so my hair started out as brown, then became black.

MomentoMori

Dead Technology
Website
mypage.na.square-enix.com
Uh...my hair used to be really light blonde, now it's right on the borderline between blonde and brunette. But if my hair's wet, it looks dark brown. Depending on how the sun shines on it, it can look either blonde or red. I have red undertones in my hair, which is why I have to be careful what hair products I use on it in terms of color; I get highlights every so often, and I have to use a particular shade or my hair would look like it's got strawberry blonde highlights.

Lancelot

It's the only NEET thing to do.
Awards
Mine seems to fluctuate quite a bit, but that might just be due to the thickness in some areas, although I do think my hair has become quite a lot darker in comparison to when I was younger.

Epif

The Delicious
Website
epiphany-delirium.tumblr.com
You have to think though, that the sun's light doesn't just give off light. It gives off a bunch of other waves and such. :/ It doesn't really change the color, just... different perspective on the shade. Same thing with Summer and Winter. The angle's different, so the light'll naturally bounce off the hair at a different angle.

But to answer the question: No, my hair doesn't really change color.

LongLiveLife

Bronze Member
You have to think though, that the sun's light doesn't just give off light. It gives off a bunch of other waves and such.

But our eyes only detect light waves. Humans do not see anything including and beyond infrared or ultraviolet, so that becomes irrelevant.

Epif

The Delicious
Website
epiphany-delirium.tumblr.com
But our eyes only detect light waves. Humans do not see anything including and beyond infrared or ultraviolet, so that becomes irrelevant.

Not exactly what I meant.

I meant that the angle effects for the light we see, and the different levels of direct radiation effect what the color is as it is being hit.

deep_but_stupid

Hair can be lighter in summer and darker in winter because the sun bleaches it slightly over time. My roots are always slightly darker in autumn because the summer hairs growing out. Its half this and half the light. Some people are affected more by this, especially blondes.

LongLiveLife

Bronze Member
I meant that the angle effects for the light we see, and the different levels of direct radiation effect what the color is as it is being hit.

The angle of the sun only affects the brightness (intensity) of the radiation -- whether light, microwave, infrared, or otherwise.

The color of an object is unrelated to the amount of radiation it receives outside the visible spectrum. That's why it's called the visible spectrum.

The hue of your hair will not change as a result -- a redhead will always stay a redhead, and a blonde will always stay a blonde -- but the darkness of the color may change because of the differing light intensities.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back