• Hello everybody! We have tons of new awards for the new year that can be requested through our Awards System thanks to Antifa Lockhart! Some are limited-time awards so go claim them before they are gone forever...

CLICK HERE FOR AWARDS

The Official BBS VA Discussion Thread [complete]

REGISTER TO REMOVE ADS

David Boreanaz or Doug Erholtz?

• David Boreanaz (KH1)

Votes: 17 65.4%
  • Doug Erholtz (Everything Else)

Votes: 9 34.6%

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.

Aqualung

Re: The Official BBS VA Discussion Thread

Luke vs. Spock, WHO WILL WIN?!

Spoiler Spoiler Show

skyfoxx

Silver Member
Awards

I'm sure someone has made this conclusion already but all I can do is laugh if Hammil becomes the voice of Terra. The irony LUKE shall fall to the darkside afterall >:O

Luke really does fall to the darkside if you read the books that took place after episode VI.

Theart

Hyped Ruler of Honnouji Academy
Awards

Well, you did say that he'd be a perfect Terra because of it. =P

I was merely listing one of many reasons I think he'd be a perfect Terra. I've listed a few of 'em previously, and if you don't agree with me, just stop arguing; it saves me time I could better use.

s1gildragonin30years

Ikkin said:
I can't agree with that, [i]especially[/i] in terms of what needs to be put into Terra's performance. Terra, as a character, is far more of a sympathetic figure than a cautionary one, and his voice should reflect that.

Terra's biggest motivation isn't the desire for the power that his darkness offers - it's his fear that he's some kind of monster because of the darkness in his heart. And [i]that's[/i] what I meant by vulnerability - Terra's horror at the consequences of his darkness, his need for validation that he [i]isn't[/i] a terrible person, and the underlying sense of hopelessness that leads him to clutch at whatever straws he can in his attempts to continue to be a good person.

And I can't say that much about Luke Skywalker since I've only seen the original trilogy once, but I will say that there's a lot more going on with Terra than the archetypical fight with the father part of the Hero's Journey.

So basically we were saying the same things, only we used different words. Okay then. But still at the end of BBS, Terra's willingness to use his darkness shows more along the lines of temptation; only it's not for selfish reasons as we usually see it, well, during the fight against Eraqus that is. After MX turns on him, Terra makes it rather clear that he wants revenge.

Only, MX planned that too and was still playing Terra like a harp from Hell.

s1keanureevess1gildragonin30yearss1naruto

Silver warrior

I Hamill can handle been Terra.and I feel more relax if he's the voice actor because he got so much experience voice acting and anyway he's better than some one who doesn't have much experience.(holland)

Sempied

I Hamill can handle been Terra.and I feel more relax if he's the voice actor because he got so much experience voice acting and anyway he's better than some one who doesn't have much experience.(holland)
Actually when you become a actor you have to take voice classes as well to work with projection of your roles in a show. She has more experience than you assume, that and it doesn't mean that if someones small to the business they'll give a shoddy performance. (Just look at how it was originally with Jesse McCartney)

Silver warrior

Actually when you become a actor you have to take voice classes as well to work with projection of your roles in a show. She has more experience than you assume, that and it doesn't mean that if someones small to the business they'll give a shoddy performance. (Just look at how it was originally with Jesse McCartney)

I know I just don't want people saying she sound fan made like happend with alysone stoner playing xion.

sonickenshin

Awards

I'm not saying alyson stoner sounded fan made in my opinion she did an awesome job,but a lot of people say she sounded like a fan made.
I know you didn't. I'm just saying that I'm a bit confused why people hear this, or how it sounds like they say it is.

skyfoxx

Silver Member
Awards

I know you didn't. I'm just saying that I'm a bit confused why people hear this, or how it sounds like they say it is.

I think a big part of it is the dub itself. A LOT of the lines weren't synched AT ALL so when lipsynching is off, it makes the actor look bad. I thought she did okay with the fact that she had to try to lipsynch it because the animators were too lazy to edit some of the lip movement.

Silver warrior

I know I can't think of some one better to play xion she did so good especially in the vs axel scene.but the lip syncing was't all that terrible

skyfoxx

Silver Member
Awards

I know I can't think of some one better to play xion she did so good especially in the vs axel scene.but the lip syncing was't all that terrible

Actually it got preeety bad. For example when Xion says "Axel..." her lips are making an O shape indicating she would say "Oh no..." or something and it makes it look weird when she says "Axel"

Sign

trapped in revamp hell
Staff member
Awards

Not like there was lip syncing in Days anyway, but it wasn't as noticeable and distracting as it was in Re:CoM.

Anyway, back onto the VAs!

blacksamurai2

Bronze Member

Luke really does fall to the darkside if you read the books that took place after episode VI.
Not exactly, he did not fall to the darkside. Only used it powers, and decieve Sidious clone cause he knew that he was to powerful for him.

Ikkin

Bronze Member

Yeah, but Mark isn't just going to act as Luke Skywalker while playing as Terra. Just like you don't see Nimoy trying to act like Spock as Xehanort. Again, Mark has voiced a ton of other voices even when the characters are younger than him and he's done great. He can handle voicing Terra.

Well, yeah, I know that. =P I'm not trying to say that he isn't a great voice actor with lots of range.

What I am trying to say is that, as far as I can tell based on his IMDB page, the vast majority of his experience is with characters who are both somewhat larger-than-life and limited to the type of emotions the audience is comfortable with, Luke Skywalker included. I'm not quite convinced that's entirely applicable to Terra, whose emotional distress is supposed to be painful to the us as the audience.

And, actually, my problem isn't so much that I'm afraid Hamill can't do it, as that I'm afraid of what the casting director thinks Terra should be, if they decided to choose a VA with that type of experience, as opposed to someone with experience playing a troubled young adult/older teen.

So basically we were saying the same things, only we used different words.

Not exactly. The connotations inherent in those words are miles apart, and would lead to massively-divergent acting interpretations. =/

Saying that Terra's actions were mostly motivated by temptation implies that Terra actually found the darkness appealing somehow, but feels guilty for allowing that part of himself to get its way.

That's going to sound way different from Terra breaking because all his attempts to not be a monster wind up failing so horribly.

skyfoxx

Silver Member
Awards

Yea yea I"m not talking about the books I'm an avid reader of the expanded universe. I was mostly talking about the movies though <3

Yeah I know. I was just being random during that comment so don't take it seriously. Just a random fact, I guess.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back