• Hello everybody! We have tons of new awards for the new year that can be requested through our Awards System thanks to Antifa Lockhart! Some are limited-time awards so go claim them before they are gone forever...

CLICK HERE FOR AWARDS

The Official BBS VA Discussion Thread [complete]

REGISTER TO REMOVE ADS

David Boreanaz or Doug Erholtz?

• David Boreanaz (KH1)

Votes: 17 65.4%
  • Doug Erholtz (Everything Else)

Votes: 9 34.6%

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.

YUPPP

Re: The Official BBS VA Discussion Thread

hey guys what do you think of this. on troy barkers facebook page he posted this as a status update on april 12th......."
Monday Update: Gloomy in LA today, so all i can think of is that I'll be on the beach in Cancun in less than 72 hours!!! Today we go in to keep working on a super amazing awesome top secret if-i-told-you-i'd-have-to-kill-you project that I KNOW you guys are gonna dig cause i'm FREAKING out to be a part of it! I'll pop... back in over the next few days to give some updates on sand, surf and margaritas! Cheers! T"

do you think this could be birth by sleep?

It could be but I have a feeling it has something to do with Tales of Vesperia. I have no idea why though...

Sempied

hey guys what do you think of this. on troy barkers facebook page he posted this as a status update on april 12th......."
Monday Update: Gloomy in LA today, so all i can think of is that I'll be on the beach in Cancun in less than 72 hours!!! Today we go in to keep working on a super amazing awesome top secret if-i-told-you-i'd-have-to-kill-you project that I KNOW you guys are gonna dig cause i'm FREAKING out to be a part of it! I'll pop... back in over the next few days to give some updates on sand, surf and margaritas! Cheers! T"

do you think this could be birth by sleep?
He also said with his next update that it was for a project that he missed a lot. Last time I checked Troy hasn't done a single part from the KH series, which heavily implies it could even be the Tales of Vesperia PS3 port.

I remember when people thought Johnny Yong Bosch was going to be Marluxia from what he said of himself working on a franchise he'd always wanted to work. (He has said on numerous accounts he would love to work in the KH series), but it turned out to be Persona 4 that was his anticipated project .

madammina

Notorious White Mage Captainess

I'd just love to see more "real" voice actors in the series, from BBS onward, that'll truly make me happier.

(glomps)

THANK YOU!!!

Yeah, I mean, if they fit it's okay. But don't go with celebrity voice just for celebrity voice.

madammina

Yeah, I mean if the celeb does it well great, but I feel veteran voice actors have more of a respect for their jobs than those we aren't, thus doing a better job.

Good celebrity VA's
Dory - Ellen
Genie - Robin Williams
Po- Jack Black
Billy Crystal - Mike Wyzowski
Edward Asner - Carl Fredrickson

And then we get stuff like
Tony Jay: Frollo
Liam Neeson - Aslan
Mark Hamill - Joker
Kevin Conroy - Batman
Wayne Allwine -Mickey Mouse

These can get filled out more, but it should be noted that Dory and Genie were based after their VA's (As in, they were struggling with Dory, someone turned the TV on, Ellen was on, and they knew how they were going to do Dory after that)

YoshiAngemon

Good celebrity VA's
Dory - Ellen
Genie - Robin Williams
Po- Jack Black
Billy Crystal - Mike Wyzowski , Calcifur (Howl's Moving Castle)
Edward Asner - Carl Fredrickson, Sgt. Mike Cosgrove (Freakazoid!)

And then we get stuff like
Tony Jay: Frollo
Liam Neeson - Aslan
Mark Hamill - Joker
Kevin Conroy - Batman
Wayne Allwine -Mickey Mouse

Added two roles for familiarity's sake, okay?

Axelea

yeah , they really do need to stop highering celeb voice actor unless they get the job done. for some reason alyson stoner as xion didn't really fit ( at least that is my opinion ).

Lonbilly

an old man plaguing the site like a phantom
Awards

yeah , they really do need to stop highering celeb voice actor unless they get the job done. for some reason alyson stoner as xion didn't really fit ( at least that is my opinion ).

She was alright for Xion I guess, but she shouldn't stick around. Bring Hayden back. That's the only thing I liked about Kairi - her voice was amazing. Now it's just...

=/

Although I wouldn't mind celebs like Eliza Dushku or Sarah Michelle Gellar. They definitely have good voices for Aqua/KH.

Neko

Keep Holding On
Awards

Agreed. They should just find someone who has the right voice. Alyson Stoner wasn`t right for Kairi or Xion at all.

madammina

I liked her Xion. I can see why they called her in for Kairi though, just since she was there and it wouldn't be cost effective for only a few lines to call Hayden in.

A

Azrael

Sure if you liked that blandness that came with her.

Roa

piece of dying ember
Awards

Oh i personally think Alyson Stoner did a fabolous job as Xion... especially when you consider the fact she's disney, she did a damn good job.

And at the end... the way she said everything to roxas... it made me wanna cry. :(

Sign

trapped in revamp hell
Staff member
Awards

Alyson was...okay as Xion. Some scenes she did better than others, like the death scene, not so much as the scream, which imo, sounded horrible in both japanese and english.

A

Azrael

Oh i personally think Alyson Stoner did a fabolous job as Xion... especially when you consider the fact she's disney, she did a damn good job.

And at the end... the way she said everything to roxas... it made me wanna cry. :(

I've seen better voice acting.

Lonbilly

an old man plaguing the site like a phantom
Awards

Compared to MGM, she was horrid. MGM was a Disney actress and was amazing at doing Namine for both Days and CoM. Hell, she was better than Brittany Snow in my opinion.

Here's hoping they don't get another Disney actor though like Stoner. Hell, Osment, Hayden, and McCartney were Disney kids and they did hella good. Stoner did not.

Chaser

Not KHI Site Staff
Staff member
Awards

Has anyone posted that Troy Baker denied voicing Terra?

T.j. Hoke: are you going to be playing the voice of terra in bbs?

Troy Baker:
Haven't been approached yet, but I'd certainly love to work with those guys again!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back