• Hello everybody! We have tons of new awards for the new year that can be requested through our Awards System thanks to Antifa Lockhart! Some are limited-time awards so go claim them before they are gone forever...

CLICK HERE FOR AWARDS

Your first Platinum Trophy?

REGISTER TO REMOVE ADS
Status
Not open for further replies.

kupo1121

We are Moogle! Hear us...kupo?
Awards
My first Platinum was LittleBigPlanet and I'm still very proud of platinuming that one and the second one cause I'm a LBP sucker :p

XIII Heartless

Head Mom In Charge
Awards
Website
profile.myspace.com
First platinum was Sleeping Dogs. It's not a very difficult plat to obtain, but wow was that game amazing. Would definitely double-dip if they ever released a GotY edition like Tomb Raider.

The one I'm most proud of at the moment would be Re:CoM. 6 straight playthroughs of tedious card-based nonsense (I love this game, really) and it's finally finally over.

I'm extremely upset that Square didn't make the difficulty trophies stack in the 1.5 trophies, and I hope they fix that issue for 2.5. Already know I'll never platinum CoM, but I'm gonna finish KH Final Mix's other two playthroughs eventually (I'm at 88%, literally just need to beat it on Beginner and Standard, and grab the unchanging equipment and undefeated trophies).

kuraudoVII

D'oh, I missed!
Awards
I don't have the time to Platinum a game anymore, and even when I did I was never able to do so. The closest ones that I have come to plat are Kingdom Hearts I.5 ReMIX and the PS3 port of No More Heroes.

Now, I have managed to get 100% completion on a couple of games that don't have trophies. The first game in that regard was Super Mario World for the Super Nintendo (ah, nostalgia). Other games I've done a 100% run for are that awkward Rugrats game on the Playstation, Pokemon Snap, and a few others that aren't coming to me right now.

Gram

Banned
Awards
First platinum was Sleeping Dogs. It's not a very difficult plat to obtain, but wow was that game amazing. Would definitely double-dip if they ever released a GotY edition like Tomb Raider.

The one I'm most proud of at the moment would be Re:CoM. 6 straight playthroughs of tedious card-based nonsense (I love this game, really) and it's finally finally over.
You deserve a real trophy for playing thought ReCoM 6 times. Like made of gleaming gold.

XIII RoXaS XIII

Awards
I have no platinum trophies but i have plenty of games at 80%ish. Unless I love the game I will only enjoy the play-through then stop. The closest platinum is Kingdom Hearts Final mix at 97% (only trophies left are complete on beginner and god damn Gummi blueprints).

I have plenty of 100% achievements on my Xbox but as i prioritize RPG's for my PS3 anyone would agree that it is easier to platinum say a FPS over an RPG, for the most part

Shadow Fenix

I 'Member
Awards
Believe my first platinum was the original infamous back when it came out. My proudest one would probably be Final Fantasy XIII, that took easily hundreds of hours. So much grinding

The Conquerer

The Bloody Warrior
Awards
I don't play games for the trophies, so I have never platinumed anything. The closest game I got my platinum for is Ni no Kuni, with the only thing between the trophy and me being the one that requires maxing out every single Familiar's affinity. That will take two forevers to complete and I can't live forever.

I platinumed Nino Kuni like last year during the summer and I don't remember a trophy like that. You must have misinterpreted the criteria or there was an update I didn't know about.

Solo

Silver Member
Awards
I platinumed Nino Kuni like last year during the summer and I don't remember a trophy like that. You must have misinterpreted the criteria or there was an update I didn't know about.

Ah, crap. I confused it with one of the trophies of DDD in which you need to have the affinities of all your DEs maxed out. The one in Ni no Kuni only requires you to do it with one Familiar.

The trophy I'm still missing is the 120-item alchemy trophy. I didn't finish it because gathering the rare materials such as the Kaleidostone and All-Seeing Eye became really tedious, especially since the only ways you can get them are either by defeating the Guardian of Worlds or stealing from gold monsters, both of them being arduously repetitive and requiring simply too much amount of time.

Max

"There's always money in the banana stand."
Staff member
Awards
My first Platinum was Heavy Rain, and boy was I excited! Now I realize that was nothing compared to the hell of many other games though.

My proudest Platinum is Blazblue: Calamity Trigger. F***. That. Plat. Score Attack Mode Anybody? Reach Level 30? So much time and patience lost on those trophies, but I am so proud to say I did it. The closest Plat behind this may be Payday 2, so much time and dedication had to be put into a couple of those trophies.

And finally, my most recent Platinum trophy, achieved about 10 minutes ago, South Park: The Stick of Truth! What a fantastic game, I will never forget that it was my beautiful 22nd Platinum Trophy! And you know what? Honestly, it was probably the most fun Plat I've ever gotten as well.

Dark Drive

Awards
It amuses me how many Sucker Punch games were listed here xD

the only X360 game I completed to 100% was Minecraft. Trust me, pigs shouldn't fly.

purgatory

Awards
my first platinum was zero escape virtue's last reward, I don't think I put more time into completely beating every last detail of a game than with that game.

Zen

Silver Member
Awards
I'm still disappointed that MGS3 doesn't have a trophy for getting the Foxhound rank. No, instead we get the lovely It Ain't Easy Being Green trophy where you have to shoot all the Kerotans. Not hard, but not exactly the most entertaining one. An easy game overall. I'll still go for the Foxhound rank one of these days when I get the chance for the mere satisfaction.

MGS2 is also guilty of this, but I also heard that the MGS1-Snake portion of the VR missions are particularly difficult. Never finished these on my PS2 version. That kind of makes up for it, but like MGS3, I'll still go for it just for lulz.

Anyway, as far as my first platinum goes, like other people, mine was inFAMOUS. Nothing overly complicated, just simple matter of doing everything possible. At the time I wasn't really going for these at all (whereas today I'm slightly selective about the ones I plat), but when I saw that all I really had left was simple, I went for it.

Now as far as the most satisfying platinum for me, it would have to be Metal Gear Rising. Getting to learn the game very well and no damaging all the bosses -- including the DLC -- was very satisfying. Well, maybe not all the bosses. No damaging Armstrong in Sam's DLC on Hard can be a rage-inducing experience. However I would be lying if I said that it wasn't satisfying to have learned his patterns to the point where I could anticipate the majority of his attacks. Of course, it helped that he was a cheap diddly 90% of the time and did most of the same moves over, and over again.

After that, Shadow of the Colossus is another one I would be proud of. Most of it is easily manageable except for two colossi on hard time attack.

Hero

See You Space Cowboy!
Awards
I think mine was Lego Batman 2. I saw how ridiculously it was so I went for it. inFamous 1 and 2 followed shortly after.

I only platinum games I feel don't require you to do ludicrous things (like going through multiple play throughs)

gamerobber7

Bronze Member
Awards
Oh man my first platinum was Uncharted 1. I felt so happy when I got it (because of that I think it's my favorite platinum too). I've also platinumed Uncharted 2 and 3 (i've got this series mastered xD). The easiest was Telltales The Walking Dead since you literally just had to play the game straight through to get the platinum. The next two that I should get are KH1 and Re:CoM since I just need to beat both on Standard difficulty.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back