• Hello everybody! We have tons of new awards for the new year that can be requested through our Awards System thanks to Antifa Lockhart! Some are limited-time awards so go claim them before they are gone forever...

CLICK HERE FOR AWARDS

Nomura: "We'd like to put BBS on PlayStation Network buuuuuut..."

REGISTER TO REMOVE ADS
Status
Not open for further replies.

madammina

Notorious White Mage Captainess
You can link games, somehow, and any PS1 games are available to be played on both systems but beyond that...

Also, link doesn't work.

Sora3000

Awards
You can link games, somehow, and any PS1 games are available to be played on both systems but beyond that...

Also, link doesn't work.

Why is it that everytime I leave a link it doesn't work? You might as well go to Google and search for playstation network and you should be able to find the link that was supposed to work.

Yessir_23

Awards
You can download PSP games onto a PS3, but from there the only thing you can do is copy it to a PSP. Sorry.

dwroxas16

Awards
Website
www.youtube.com
So wait, if BbS is (possibly) being downloadedable, anyone thinking the Final Mix will be downloadable? even if it's not international, i'm sure there would be a way to download it onto an NA PSP.

Yessir_23

Awards
So wait, if BbS is (possibly) being downloadedable, anyone thinking the Final Mix will be downloadable? even if it's not international, i'm sure there would be a way to download it onto an NA PSP.
All you would have to do is set up a japanese account with money in it and you could play it on you PSP :)

Ikkin

Bronze Member
If it has to be after the physical re-release, I really hope the wait won't be way too long.

If they do a physical re-release for NGP, they'd almost certainly put up the digital version on PSN day-and-date with it -- remember, Sony's said that all NGP games will be dual-release. You'd still need either a PSP or NGP to play it, though.

XIII Heartless

Head Mom In Charge
Awards
Website
profile.myspace.com
Why is it that everytime I leave a link it doesn't work? You might as well go to Google and search for playstation network and you should be able to find the link that was supposed to work.

Doesn't matter. You can store PSP games on your PS3 since the PS3 has more memory than the PSP. But the games can only be played on the PSP if they're PSP games. I learned this last week when I finally bought Dissidia through my PS3. Had to send it to my PSP's memory stick to play.

Shamdeo

skipped leg day
Awards
Website
finalfantasy.net
It honestly could be something as simple as Square-Enix doesn't feel that the game hasn't been on physical retail long enough. Doesn't look like we'll find out though.

Memory Master

Gold Member
Awards
The only way I think I would buy BBS again off of PSN, is if they put the Final Mix version on PSN, they do that and I will buy it.

Delsan

Killjoy Hillington
Awards
Yes well don't keep your hopes up for BBSV.2 for very long I remember Noruma saying he's got a ton of other things he's working on including a very special 10th anniversary thing for KH1.
~not to be a killjoy or anything~

BBSV2 could be released on the tenth anniversary.

XIII Heartless

Head Mom In Charge
Awards
Website
profile.myspace.com
Legend of Zelda just had it's 25th anniversary/birthday/whatever you wanna call it. At this rate, Kingdom Hearts will hit that milestone before the series is finished. XD

How would you all feel to get to that point with this franchise? Proud of how far it's come, or frustrated that it's still going? I'd be a bit of both, but more the latter.

Taochan

Administrator
Staff member
Awards
Legend of Zelda just had it's 25th anniversary/birthday/whatever you wanna call it. At this rate, Kingdom Hearts will hit that milestone before the series is finished. XD

How would you all feel to get to that point with this franchise? Proud of how far it's come, or frustrated that it's still going? I'd be a bit of both, but more the latter.
If the flippin' Xehanort saga is finished... maybe proud that they finally accomplished FINISHING it. I'll probably be really frustrated too at the fact I'll be 45 and the series will still be going. XD

Sign

trapped in revamp hell
Staff member
Awards
Yes well don't keep your hopes up for BBSV.2 for very long I remember Noruma saying he's got a ton of other things he's working on including a very special 10th anniversary thing for KH1.
~not to be a killjoy or anything~

Pretty sure Ethnic was being sarcastic >.>

I'm pretty indifferent. I still like the series, so I'll probably just keep buying the games regardless.

Chrono Mizaki

Banned
It honestly could be something as simple as Square-Enix doesn't feel that the game hasn't been on physical retail long enough.

It can't be that. I mean, Dissidia and The Third Birthday are on the PSN store . And Dissidia is quite big. I mean, why opt out for a PSN version when it could guarantee in more sales? If Disney and Utada has no say in it according to Nomura, then what could be holding up the PSN version? It can't be Nomura wanting to do a project, because the download version can be put up on the store without his assistance. Just give it to the Programmers and wing it.

If Birth by Sleep is a special case for Square to not put it up on the PSN store because they want the retail version to sell, then maybe. I hear some retailers don't like it when a game they selling have a digital download version on the same release. Gamestop want to boycott any games with steamworks. I wonder if the case is similar in Japan, but then they profited well with Dissidia and The Third Birthday, which have PSN versions.

Or a NGP version is in the works.

Ikkin

Bronze Member
It can't be that. I mean, Dissidia and The Third Birthday are on the PSN store . And Dissidia is quite big. I mean, why opt out for a PSN version when it could guarantee in more sales? If Disney and Utada has no say in it according to Nomura, then what could be holding up the PSN version? It can't be Nomura wanting to do a project, because the download version can be put up on the store without his assistance. Just give it to the Programmers and wing it.

If Birth by Sleep is a special case for Square to not put it up on the PSN store because they want the retail version to sell, then maybe. I hear some retailers don't like it when a game they selling have a digital download version on the same release. Gamestop want to boycott any games with steamworks. I wonder if the case is similar in Japan, but then they profited well with Dissidia and The Third Birthday, which have PSN versions.

Or a NGP version is in the works.

They wouldn't need any programmers to modify Birth by Sleep to work as a download -- the pirates managed that in a few weeks, so there's nothing in the game itself that'd prevent it, and they probably already have alternate DRM to use on download versions since Dissidia and The 3rd Birthday have PSN versions.

If Nomura's working on it, there must be some extra content he wants to add for the PSN version. And, considering Final Mix has already been released, it'd be really weird if it was something more that he could do on the PSP itself.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back