• Hello everybody! We have tons of new awards for the new year that can be requested through our Awards System thanks to Antifa Lockhart! Some are limited-time awards so go claim them before they are gone forever...

CLICK HERE FOR AWARDS

Saïx's true name revealed!

REGISTER TO REMOVE ADS
Status
Not open for further replies.

Reverie

Bronze Member
Awards
Hmm.... yeah, that about covers it, not much more I can add to that.
Oh, except the pronunciation of "Isa" is like "Ah-ee-zah", at least for Japan.

Really? At first I thought it was pronounced "eye-sah" for some reason.

Raz

i'm nobody
Staff member
Awards
I read it as "Eee-Sah", but that could just be me.

Narveid

Had af eeling it would be Isa. Now we just need appearances (I would accept cameos) from the Somebodies of Demyx, Luxord, Marluxia and Larxene (wow, are we down to just 4 needing real names now?)

Marluxia at a flower shop in Radiant Garden, Demyx as a (not so straight) rock star and Luxord as a poetic gambler ? ;)

Back to topic though, nice find if it proves to be real .. Doesn't mean much except Saïx' real name though :35: (anything about Terra could be totally out of context so .. just to state the obvious)

Oh, and I would pronounce it like "eee-sah"

Sign

trapped in revamp hell
Staff member
Awards
Originally Posted by CrazzyBRY
It was Lee from the very beginning.. Who didn't know that?

If your asian, you would know that it's pronounced LEE not LEE-YAH..

Read what I posted. I said that they changed the pronunciation of Lea from 'Lei-ah' (JP pronunciation) to 'Lee' (NA pronunciation).

Faruway

I ran so far away~~~♫
Website
www.youtube.com
Whoa, so it's Isa then? Then I guess would be Ee-sah or Eye-Za kinda like the pronounciation of the name, 'Isaac' but without the 'A' and the 'C'.

When the first time I heard Lea's name pronounciation in Days, I kinda understand that the NA version would pronounce his name as 'Lee' kinda like the word 'Lean' without the 'N' and the word 'Pea'. It would be awkward if 'Lean' is pronounced as 'Lei-yahn' these days like put in sentences 'l lei-yahn on my nice chair and watch Animal Planet to see a bear.' :/

*TwilightNight*

Bronze Member
Awards
Naëlo;4704406 said:
Hahaha, another girl name xDD Idk on the US, but in Spain it's the shorter form of Isabel, which is a female name e__e

Isa is actually a boy's name (and a real life one, at that). You could actually meet guys named so. I guess if some females have it, it can fit for them as well. Ias or Ais sound cooler, but this one is appreciated. It perfectly fits. Unlike what Axel turned out to be. But with more research, Lea is a name for both sexes, and can be pronounced "Lee" or "Le-ah" in English (unlike She-own or Marluusha). Thankfully, they took "Lee" >.>.

I'm just glad it isn't Sia. Or at least, since I'm suppose to take it with a grain of salt, can still hope it isn't Sia. My renewed faith has been sparked again after I found what Avatar Kingdom is.

loke13

Waiting on FF XV and KH3 :D
Well stopping this pointless discussion on names. Is anyone curious how Mickey's Star Fragment helps him to travel to other worlds.

Lissar

Ultra-sleek Librarian
No need to be rude about it.

But, that makes me think of something. In Japanese "hoshi" can mean both "star" and "planet". It's the same thing. So perhaps "hoshi no kakera" is a fragment of said planet that connects you to it by... some means.

Sora^Fan

Finally! I have been wondering for so long what Saïx's somebody name was! Thanx! oh, that info about the star fragment is very intriguing.

*TwilightNight*

Bronze Member
Awards
Now that I think about it due to the previous discussion, the more the real names pop up, the less symbolic they are. Lea has nothing to do with fire, and Isa has nothing to do with the moon. And neither do the rest of the names, for that matter (well, kind of. Even is suppose to connect to something).

So, having names that mean water, or some other form that attaches to an attribute of the character, pretty much means zilch.

I like Edym for Demyx, simply because it's the one I feel sounds good, and resembles "Eddie" to an extent. Arlene and Relena sound nice as well, and Rauliam or Ramiual is more manly than Lumaria.

Raz

i'm nobody
Staff member
Awards
Arlene and Relena sound nice as well, and Rauliam or Ramiual is more manly than Lumaria.

Yeah, but this is Marluxia we're talking about. Manliness doesn't matter so much. xP

EDIT: Lol, my thoughts exactly, Liss.

Last edited:

*TwilightNight*

Bronze Member
Awards
... it's Marluxia. He also has pink hair and sprouts flowers.

Except that the "flowers" are sakura, which have symbolism to not only life and death, but used in scenery to represent a fallen samurai warrior. And are not really gender based, at least.

And pink, in the past, used to be the color used on boys, due to it being a lighter shade of red, while blue was for girls. But some countries still apply that old traditional method. Japan included, I would think? They don't hold pink in regard to the typical sex shade as much as we do in the West, from what I heard.

But you should have confirmation on that, since you're the Japanese translator and are more in tune with the culture.

loke13

Waiting on FF XV and KH3 :D
Except that the "flowers" are sakura, which have symbolism to not only life and death, but used in scenery to represent a fallen samurai warrior. And are not really gender based, at least.

And pink, in the past, used to be the color used on boys, due to it being a lighter shade of red, while blue was for girls. But some countries still apply that old traditional method. Japan included, I would think? They don't hold pink in regard to the typical sex shade as much as we do in the West, from what I heard.

But you should have confirmation on that, since you're the Japanese translator and are more in tune with the culture.

Its still girly and in this day and age Pink is girly.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back