• Hello everybody! We have tons of new awards for the new year that can be requested through our Awards System thanks to Antifa Lockhart! Some are limited-time awards so go claim them before they are gone forever...

CLICK HERE FOR AWARDS

REGISTER TO REMOVE ADS
Dogenzaka
Reaction score

Profile posts Latest activity Postings Awards About

• I've been wanting KH2 on my computer for a while, mind explaining how you got it?
    Haha yeah was a baptist but I don't know about denominations anymore...

Yeah and I can see that. I guess many of today's "curse words" are used negatively about 90% of the time, hence why a lot of Christian are iffy on using them. I think it's hard for some people to have discussions with me; they usually find themselves either having to bring their speech up to another level or just not talking at all lol

I try very hard with keeping my sense of self control, I'd say it's one of my unique characteristics. I realize there isn't any excuse for my actions when they're controlled by emotions like angry but I know this can be really hard with most of people.
    Yeah I've heard that point before. I feel it's more of the meaning people give the word when they use it, which according to society's standards aren't very pleasant. But I was watching this vid and what I got out of it was that we should just stray away from 'idle words' and words that aren't uplifting.

Here's the vid:

T_MxWj7Wzxw
    I would recommend enabling peerblock to block everything (in fact, A&M tried to gain access to my IP the other day, I found it pretty funny). You'd be surprised what's trying to get in.

You don't need to block HTTP, and a lot of times it will lock you out of sites. So if you go to a site that won't let you in, make sure you're allowing HTTP with peerblock.

But yeah, it's a great tool that requires very little upkeep/tweaking. It checks for updates every time you start up, and is actively maintained.

Happy torrenting!
    yo

had something that's been on my mind lately, thought you might be able to help a little bit. What is it with Christians and cursing? I don't like cursing in general but I was always taught that those two don't mix, and yet I see people do it everyday. I can count the number of believers I know who don't curse on one hand.

Idk it's just something I've been really wondering about lately.
    well the main problem is my family T_T they just keep fighting with me and each other and there's so little understanding. it's really frustrating some days, you know? guh.
    busy huh? :3 you're a freshman in college right? *U*
    HE RESPONDED *U*
    i've been alright i guess, definitely seen better days but you keep on going, right? =w= the holidays are coming up, and that's promising~
    how are you doing?
    Considering I am female and still offended, I'm surprised you still think of yourself too high and mighty to offer an apology for the misunderstanding.
    Its the same thing. A woman has sex and you think she is a stupid bitch
    Well, I know if you're using Firefox, you can install Adblock Plus and block it that way. It's what I use to get rid of images of Jessica Alba. B)
    Oh gosh, you make me feel so good for helping you. XD (I really hope I helped you with what you need.) You're most welcome.

You have the reasoning here correct, but your conclusion is reversed. (And I believe this just may be a slip of the...fingers.) Remember if you don't have enough of something, then it is the limiting reagent. Therefore, the correct conclusion to draw from the calculations thus far would be: "...something other than the CS2 is limiting the equation (and since there are only two reactants, we can assume it's NH3). Let me know if you don't see why this is.

Save for the minor inconsistency above, that is exactly what I was saying, and I appreciate your effort in reiterating what I wrote! It really helps me see if you've actually understood what I've said.

I used to have a really nifty sheet that would infinitely help you with all the above...but I threw it out. Sorry! You could try Wikipedia-ing the IUPAC nomenclature rules for inorganic compounds. It has a spring of knowledge on the basic rules, and also the names for common polyatomic anions.

I would imagine it must be. Good luck on the test, and be sure to let me know how you fared!
    Oh wow, I wish you all the best, and from what I've seen in your VM, I can say quite confidently that you are pretty much set for it. I have to commend you for so quickly absorbing all that material in such little time though! Well done!

More or less, but not in all cases. You will have to take the molar ratio of reactants into consideration. For example, in the equation:

CS2(l) + 2NH3(g) ->NH4SCN(s) + H2S(g)

You see that for every 1 mole of CS2, you need 2 moles of NH3 to react. Let's put some numbers for this example. You have 9g of CS2 and 3g of NH3. What is the maximum number of grams of NH4SCN you can form?

First, you'll want to look at the number of moles of both reactants you have.

From the masses, you divide by the molar masses to find the number of moles of each substance you have. And that should get you 0.204 moles of CS2 and 0.176 moles of NH3. Just by looking at this, you would think NH3 is the limiting reagent, but it's not. You have to consider the 1:2 molar ratio in the equation as well.

Let's assume CS2 is the limiting reagent. With 0.204 mol CS2, we'll need (0.204*2) mol NH3, which equals 0.408 mol NH3. But do we have that much NH3? No. So let's assume NH3 is the limiting reagent. (This part is actually unnecessary, because if you know one reagent is not limiting, then automatically the other one is, but I'm just doing it to illustrate a point.) For every 1 mol of NH3, we'll need 0.5 mol of CS2, correct? So with 0.176 mol NH3, we'll need only 0.088 mol CS2. And there we have it: NH3 is the limiting reagent.

So you work out the moles of product you form from the equation:

For every 1 mole of NH3 you have, you only produce 0.5 moles of NH4SCN. (Which is the same number of moles as CS2, if you've been paying attention. XD) So, you have 0.088 mol product formed, correct? You multiply by the molar mass and get the mass of product formed, which should be 6.70g. Try it yourself to see if you can work through to get the same answer.

Yes. You can also convert the mass of oxygen combusted because there is a limit to the amount of O2 methane consumes during combustion. But you will need to know the mass/volume of O2 used.

You have the magnesium hydroxide method nailed. And after reading the ethanol/gasoline one, you've also got that process right as well.

You'll do fine for that test! You've already got everything down. Good job on getting it so quickly, again!
    Did you see his defense of Hitler? Something about the USA being worse than Hitler, or some idiot opinion like that.

Really, it's not a problem at all! I love Chemistry, and I love to help, so it's only natural that I want to help where I can. Do you need any help on the inorganic stuff?
    I have just the thing! First, there is this: IUPAC nomenclature.

And then, there is this rather useful little table (imagine it without my random annotations; those were just for me to look like I was doing something in class):

• Loading…
  • Loading…
  • Loading…
  • Loading…
Back