• Hello everybody! We have tons of new awards for the new year that can be requested through our Awards System thanks to Antifa Lockhart! Some are limited-time awards so go claim them before they are gone forever...

CLICK HERE FOR AWARDS

News ► Square Enix to hold a special E3 conference

REGISTER TO REMOVE ADS
Status
Not open for further replies.

Chuman

Dad of Boy
Awards
Patrick Warburton walks on-stage at E3. The audience is going bananas. He smiles and says "I'm happy to announce my involvement in the new 'Kingdom of Hearts' game."

we all think that it's an emperor's new groove world, but he actually voices Xehanort
I would actually be okay with this. But in my honest opinion, I think someone like John DiMaggio could fill the role of xehanort, but I believe Richard epcar will fill the role.

I don't remember why Billy Zane left, I thinking he had disagreements with the crew, but I wonder if he came back only as MX. This is 13 years layer, after all, and all he's doing is b-movies.

Launchpad

i remember the OLD khinsider
Awards
Lmao, Warburton would suck as Xehanort. Also, having Billy Zane play anyone but SOD would be polarizing. John DiMaggio would be a great Xehanort, however.

John Dimaggio voiced some pirates in KH2!

Nazo

Hope Remains
Awards
I do think it would be an amazing idea for them to repeat the Type 0 formula. Do a DDD HD for PS4 with a code for a KH3 demo, although I don't think KH3 is in any state to have a demo ready.

More than likely, the most optimistic idea I can think of would be the ReMIXes being announced for PS4 along with DDD also being remastered for PS4 as well. And of course, whatever the smartphone game is.

Blackdrazon

Vulpes Chronicler
Awards
I do think it would be an amazing idea for them to repeat the Type 0 formula. Do a DDD HD for PS4 with a code for a KH3 demo, although I don't think KH3 is in any state to have a demo ready.

More than likely, the most optimistic idea I can think of would be the ReMIXes being announced for PS4 along with DDD also being remastered for PS4 as well. And of course, whatever the smartphone game is.

Episode Duscae seems to have worked out really well for them so I think this is a real possibility for KH3 if a DDD remake comes out late enough in the dev cycle. That may be a big "if," though.

The bundled demo disc rises from its late 90s grave! A zombified copy of Zone of the Enders rises from its disgrace to gnaw on the nearest copy of MGS2!

LightUpTheSky452

Haddyn Slayer
Awards
Website
oveliagirlhaditright.tumblr.com
If they show Kairi in a KH III teaser, that would definitely satisfy me. :3 ( I'm getting harder to please as the years go on, lol.)

I'm right there with you when it comes to the Kairi thing, friend. Actually, if we get reference to her--or see her at all--in this E3 trailer, I'll probably die happily then, and never even get to play the game. LOL.

Plus, if I find out something about Kairi is in the trailer, I won't even care about spoilers (like I would otherwise), because I am so watching that trailer, baby!

Also, off the Kairi topic, I just thought of two other things I'd like from SE, though I just know I'm holding onto false hope here. LOL.

Another Itadaki Street thing--because the Final Fantasy characters are just too adorable in those games!--or a remake of Ehrgeiz:D

Also, TWEWY Live Remix translated for other countries, and Kingdom Hearts Mobile back up and running again, and localized.

ShardofTruth

Unchained
Awards
I can understand saying Tomb Raider and KH are different. Tomb Raider, while being last gen, still fits in pretty nicely with current gen and the like. But saying FFXHD is different? They were both Remasters on the same console, and FFXHD, outside of possibly getting a sequel, had no real reason to be ported to the PS4, whereas the KH ReMIXes do belong on PS4 and Xbone.
I've seen both the groundwork done for the FFX/X-2 Remaster and the ReMIXes and they are fundamentally different.
Almost the entire codebase was reworked in case the FF Remasters, something that had to be done to get good Vita ports. I can't prove it but I think that a PS4 port was projected from the beginning.
The ReMIXes on the other hand are still pretty much the PS2 games they were (with the expection of BBS and the two movies obviously). In the case of the original Kingdom Hearts there wasn't even a way around it, because the source code and all original assets were lost.
Then and there SE should have made the decision to give KH, KHRECOM and KHII a propper remake, like they did with FFX and FFX-2, but they decided against it for reasons unbeknownst to us.

tl;dr This isn't about some glitches, this is really about how these games were ported in the first place.

Elysium

Be Wiser Than the Serpent
Awards
But in my honest opinion, I think someone like John DiMaggio could fill the role of xehanort, but I believe Richard epcar will fill the role.
With Nimoy's passing, what little interest I had in the Xehanort plot died, too. Now we'll be stuck with the two worst voice actors (imo) carrying most of the game. Mess.

I find it hard to be excited by these news crumbs that've been popping up, knowing this is still years away.

SephirothZ

should be a good E3 when my favorite company is holding a press conference. My somewhat optimistic wish list:

Realistic (what I expect from the conference)
FFXV trailer (Hopefully with Stella AND Luna)... Release date announced
KH3 trailer... just give me something to cheese about for the next few months
Star Ocean 5 trailer
FFXII HD
Tomb Raider
KH Collection for PS4/XBox
Deus Ex Trailer

My hopes and dreams:
FFX-3
FF Tactics

The ultimate troll job:
"Remember when we came to PSX and put the FFVII logo on the board? Well, here it is again." *FFVII logo pops up on screen* "Only this time, it is what you always wanted."

Lonbilly

an old man plaguing the site like a phantom
Awards
I've seen both the groundwork done for the FFX/X-2 Remaster and the ReMIXes and they are fundamentally different.
Almost the entire codebase was reworked in case the FF Remasters, something that had to be done to get good Vita ports. I can't prove it but I think that a PS4 port was projected from the beginning.

I'm definitely not gonna argue the port wasn't an idea from the beginning. X-3 was already an idea by then and if it comes out, it will undoubtedly be on PS4, making FFXHD a perfect candidate for said console.

The ReMIXes on the other hand are still pretty much the PS2 games they were (with the expection of BBS and the two movies obviously). In the case of the original Kingdom Hearts there wasn't even a way around it, because the source code and all original assets were lost.
Then and there SE should have made the decision to give KH, KHRECOM and KHII a propper remake, like they did with FFX and FFX-2, but they decided against it for reasons unbeknownst to us.

Honestly, I found the graphical styles and the things they did touch up on in KH1 and KH2 to be incredible. The games looked much better than their previous incarnations and I still feel could truly fit on the PS4.

Re:CoM, however, wasn't a bad port but a lazy-ish port that could have used more time to fix both the problems with the original as well as the problems the HD Remaster faced, such as not using any remastered music from 1.5, as well as looking graphically inferior when compared to KH1 and Days.

Birth by Sleep, while feeling great on a home console, still felt very much like a handheld game and honestly felt like little was done while porting it to make it mesh more well together with the other titles.

So, I do agree Re:CoM and Bbs could use some toucing up (especially BbS). But I think KH1 and KH2 are fine as is. They look gorgeous.

However, FFXHD wasn't a remake. It was a Remaster. Did they touch up on quite a lot of stuff? Yeah. But it was still the same game, not a remake. Like how KH1 and KH2 were touched up as Remasters.

tl;dr This isn't about some glitches, this is really about how these games were ported in the first place.

Honestly, I thought part of what you meant was about glitches, which still is an issue they need to address for the PS4/Xbone port.

Nazo

Hope Remains
Awards
Here's my 2 cents about the whole PS4/Xbone thing.

If Nomura wants every KH game on a single console(s), why have every game except the grand finale of the saga be available all on one platform? That defeats the purpose. It would make sense to port all the games to PS3 in order to get them all worked out (since PS2-era HD Collections have been common for years), and then take the PS3 games and further polish them for PS4.

If Dark Souls 2 can do it as quick as they did, KH should be easy peasy. KH is not a graphically demanding series.

Happyfunshineman

Awards
Honestly expecting this to be more focused on Dues Ex, Tomb Raider, and Just Cause. They’re all big sequels to well received games and I honestly believe they will all be released before FF 15. Those games also would demo well. Considering how this is a whole conference just for Square, they would be crazy to just show trailers.

I do think we will get some teasers for FF 15 and maybe KH3 considering those are the titles that pop up in most people’s heads when you say ‘Square Enix Press Conference.’ I just don’t expect much.

I’m more curious about Nintendo though. Square is running there press conference at the same time Nintendo usually does theirs, be it a conference or a Direct.

Darxion

I am so damn excited for that conference. I hope KHIII gets a bit of the spotlight since that massive teaser showing people watching Kingdom Hearts 3 footage that has yet to be shown to the public. I would also like to see FFXV and Star Ocean. I am too excited for this years E3.

Riku-KH

Sometimes Destiny Islands. other times Twilight to
I don't think we should even try to be optimistic for this. It'll probably just be like all the other events. Sora would not like what I'm saying! But, it's true... they're forgetting how to keep their fans excited. If they gave us a trailer of kh3, with new footage and images of Sora and Riku, that would be different!

Lonbilly

an old man plaguing the site like a phantom
Awards
I don't think we should even try to be optimistic for this. It'll probably just be like all the other events. Sora would not like what I'm saying! But, it's true... they're forgetting how to keep their fans excited. If they gave us a trailer of kh3, with new footage and images of Sora and Riku, that would be different!

I don't really see how SE has forgotten to keep the fans excited. They've been on a roll as of late with good decisions (excluding that horrendous FFVII PS4 announcement).

Unless we are talking KH-only, in which case no one should be surprised that 2014 didn't offer much for KH3 since Nomura himself stated it was announced way too early.

Nazo

Hope Remains
Awards
I don't really see how SE has forgotten to keep the fans excited. They've been on a roll as of late with good decisions (excluding that horrendous FFVII PS4 announcement).

Unless we are talking KH-only, in which case no one should be surprised that 2014 didn't offer much for KH3 since Nomura himself stated it was announced way too early.

I honestly feel like they did that just to remind everyone that, though they've been better lately, they still have plenty of trolling up their sleeves.

kupo1121

We are Moogle! Hear us...kupo?
Awards
The way I see it, there has been such a drought of KH news, that anything will probably re-hype me. So long as it is actually new information and not rephrased old info, I will be really really excited. It probably helps that I'm not anticipating KH3 landing anytime soon, so I don't think big news should be coming out anytime soon.

Nazo

Hope Remains
Awards
I've heard that in the long panel about FFXV that was held yesterday where they responded to fan feedback for Episode Duscae, the developers stated that FFXV would have little to no presence at E3 in favor of Gamescom.

If that's true, what could Square be planning for their conference? The lid's been blown on Just Cause 3 and the new Deus Ex. Hopefully, it's something exciting and KH related.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back